Derek Anderson
Bruce Gradkowski
34 year old Marc Bulger and Chad Pennington
Jake Delhomme
Matt Leinart
Charlie Batch
David Carr
AJ Feeley

Not many options. You can say McDaniels over paid for Tebow, but there was really nowhere to go.

Tebow was essentially a free pick, because of trades. The problem was that it was a terrible year for drafting QBs.

Thinking more about it, I don't know why Cleveland doesn't just keep the coaching staff they have in place now.

For years it's been impossible for that organization to find the right ingredients for a winning season. The new guy(s) is above .500, why bother questioning it, just go with it.

There’s nothing to this report. John Dorsey is obviously the source and him planting it serves him two purposes : leverage and revenge.

Mike McCarthy will be the Browns next HC. He’s the most accomplished coach on the market and has ties with Dorsey from Green Bay. McDaniels “extreme interest” is an attempt to get some leverage in his negotiations with McCarthy. My guess is McCarthy wants his own HC and the Browns seem to want to keep Kitchens in that capacity.

The revenge part is Dorsey getting back at McDaniels for his friend Ballard in Indy. If Green Bay is really considering McDaniels, it might cause them to go in another direction if they think McDaniels prefers the Cleveland job to theirs.

Thinking more about it, I don't know why Cleveland doesn't just keep the coaching staff they have in place now.

For years it's been impossible for that organization to find the right ingredients for a winning season. The new guy(s) is above .500, why bother questioning it, just go with it.
They’re already keeping Kitchens, the OC, so I’m thinking that if they want to try and hire a good, established head coach like McCarthy, they’d probably keep Greg Williams (current interim HC) on as the DC. A scenario like that would mean that both Kitchens and Williams remain as key coaches, while a more proven HC such as Mike McCarthy takes over the head duties.

I fully agree with you that they should give deeper consideration to just leaving things how they are if they’re just going to hire one of the morons they’ve been interviewing, though. I guess I can appreciate the idea of hiring JMcD since he’s seen a fair amount of success and continues to generate lots of interest, but then why would they be keeping the OC? I don’t see Josh as their next head coach. I think they really want McCarthy. We’ll see if they screw this up or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back