Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Report: McDaniels interested in Browns job

"McDaniels is enthusiastically interested in the Cleveland opening," Doershuk writes. "The Browns have used back channels to indicate a mutual preliminary interest, but they have not invited him to an early interview. The Green Bay Packers did, and he said yes."

"Browns General Manager John Dorsey has been good at cloaking what he is up to, including in the eyes of some obvious candidates. However, indications are that McDaniels is a very serious candidate."

Doerschuk: Josh McDaniels very interested in Browns job

McDaniels is enthusiastically interested in the Cleveland opening. The Browns have used back channels to indicate a mutual preliminary interest, but they have not invited him to an early interview. The Green Bay Packers did, and he said yes.

Browns General Manager John Dorsey has been good at cloaking what he is up to, including in the eyes of some obvious candidates. However, indications are that McDaniels is a very serious candidate.

Report: McDaniels says no thanks to Bengals

Josh McDaniels has options if he wants to pursue a head coaching job. He'd rather the Cincinnati Bengals not be one of them.

The New England Patriots offensive coordinator declined an offer from the Bengals to interview for their head coach opening, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Thursday.

What happened regarding the conversation with BB and Kraft that made him pull out of the Indy Job at the end of last season?

Seems like a lot of uncertainty on his part. Maybe he had falling out with BB, Kraft or Brady.

As fans, we can't control what he does!

Browns interviewed Gregg Williams and brought Jim Caldwell in.

I think it's Packers or he remains here.

Last edited:
Browns are perhaps the best job now. Steelers are begging the slide, Ravens are not solid and Bengals are a mess. Browns seem well set up

The Browns job is the best available gig. If he's looking to move on, he should be interested. I'm just not sure I buy the article, as I've also heard things like "Never going to happen, because of last year/Dorsey+Ballard being buddies". Time, of course, may offer some clarity.

Last edited:
So it was never about sticking around to inherit the Pats head coaching job. He realized what a crack house organization the Colts were and that's why he changed his mind.

Can’t see why a coach wouldn’t be interested in the Brown’s job. If not just casual interest. After many drafts of picking in the top 5 in each round and many, many f ups they finally have a formula of players that can do some good things. Now they just need coaching, experience and maturity.

I would venture to think the majority of us view this as the best job out there outside of New England ofcourse.

What happened regarding the conversation with BB and Kraft that made him pull out of the Indy Job at the end of last season?

Seems like a lot of uncertainty on his part. Maybe he had falling out with BB, Kraft or Brady.

Not sure about any falling out, but yeah, we don’t have any control over what he does. Not losing any sleep over it, but would be kind of intriqued if they brought someone in, outside of the organization if he does. Not likely though.

Btw, not sure of McDaniels contract? Was it a year to year or multi year extension?

I was wondering the same thing when his name started popping up, I thought he was here for a couple 2 -3 years for sure.

Btw, not sure of McDaniels contract? Was it a year to year or multi year extension?
There were lots of rumors that it was a longer term contract with a salary that was in the range of a newly hired, first time head coach. As a matter of fact, I believe that Brady himself commented that we’d have him here for “quite sometime,” or wording that was similar.

So it was never about sticking around to inherit the Pats head coaching job. He realized what a crack house organization the Colts were and that's why he changed his mind.

I agree, plus Lucks shoulder uncertainty.

I agree with some of you that the Browns job is the best available for now and looking good in the horizon, however, I just don’t think they will become a powerhouse, I have this feeling that the Browns are gonna brown, it’s Cleveland. Josh should keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down