PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McDaniels Very Interested in the Browns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure that I would be comfortable comparing the future of the Browns to the future of MVP Mahomes and the KC Chiefs, just because they went 5-3 once Hue Jackson was gone.

Let’s see them have a 10-6 season and make the playoffs, first. That would be impressive. Basically, your argument could be made in most of the recent Browns teams with many high draft picks, lots of cap space, and decent positional talent. The wildcard of course, is Baker Mayfield.

I did not compare Mayfield and Mahomes. I stated Browns with all the cap space\young starts and drafts should be able to compete with Chiefs in the near future.

I would not appoint Mahomes as the next GOAT till I see what he and his team can do next year.

Chief Schedule 2019

Home

Denver Broncos (6-10)

Los Angeles Chargers (12-4)

Oakland Raiders (4-12)

Baltimore Ravens (10-6)

Green Bay Packers (6-9-1)

Houston Texans (11-5)

Indianapolis Colts (10-6)

Minnesota Vikings (8-7-1)

Road

Denver Broncos (6-10)

Los Angeles Chargers (12-4)

Oakland Raiders (4-12)

Chicago Bears (12-4)

Detroit Lions (6-10)

Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11)

New England Patriots (11-5)

Tennessee Titans (9-7)

The Packers job is a better job.

Is everyone crazy?

Rodgers is a slam dunk HOF QB. Mayfield had a good season but year 2 for a rookie QB is harder because of film breakdown and study.

MCD goes to Cleveland and he better win the super bowl in a few years. A RB and another WR and the Steelers are back in business and I have no doubts that Pitt can find the next A Brown. The Bengals should improve without Lewis and Ravens are for real.

Go to Cleveland and get fired when the city turns on you because you did not deliver a championship. The same people that turned on BB protesting at his house and harrasing his kids at school. Unstable ownership too. Haslam took away Jackson's play calling duties and made him hire Haley.

Careful of Browns ownership. Jimmy "The Jet" Haslam is sketchy and has an itchy trigger finger

Is everyone crazy?

Rodgers is a slam dunk HOF QB. Mayfield had a good season but year 2 for a rookie QB is harder because of film breakdown and study.

MCD goes to Cleveland and he better win the super bowl in a few years. A RB and another WR and the Steelers are back in business and I have no doubts that Pitt can find the next A Brown. The Bengals should improve without Lewis and Ravens are for real.

Go to Cleveland and get fired when the city turns on you because you did not deliver a championship. The same people that turned on BB protesting at his house and harrasing his kids at school. Unstable ownership too. Haslam took away Jackson's play calling duties and made him hire Haley.
I agree that it’s much too early to be putting CLE in the same discussion as proven, top tier teams. We have no idea how Mayfield will look in a year or two, and Lamar Jackson and Baltimore certainly look competitive, and I’m sure that Pittsburgh will remain a tough out, too.

Is everyone crazy?

The Haslams are screwballs.

Is everyone crazy?

I'd rather build a team around Mayfield's potential and possibility of maturing nicely, than a couple of years of Rodgers and his proven unwillingness to grow up and become a team player.

The Steelers have major problems with the team that can't be fixed with talent at offensive skill positions. Thinking about it that way is what's gotten them to this point.

I'm sure that McDaniel's intent is to win a championship in a few years. He's not going to disqualify a job because of a fear of the consequences for losing. That's a losers mentality.

Yes, the emotional intelligence of the ownership is the big question there.

A lot of people seem to be overlooking what I would consider to be a major negative associated with the Browns job-name!y, Haslam is a bad owner.

If Haslem is going to be laying off, McDaniels would be very smart to take this job. He has a young QB with the same fire in his belly as Brady, a team stocked with promising young talent on both sides of the ball, higher draft picks to start out with, and would be coming into a division where the Bengals are a disaster, Ben is aging and keeps talking retirement, and the Ravens are really the only competition in the near future. I would absolutely move on this if I were McDaniels and there was mutual interest.

It all depends on what Josh McDaniels wants his legacy to by. Does he want to stick around with the aging GOAT without a clear successor in sight in a house which was built by the GOAT HC? Or maybe he wants to start somewhere with a bright QB on a team which has a lot of young talents and becomes a legend without being attached to anybody else?

Both options have risk. I pick the latter if I am JD but I hope he can stay.

What do you have against Terry McDaiels?

I don’t know why but I found this comment extremely hilarious. Made my morning. It’s like that commentator who keeps saying Todd Light.

It's a no brainer. The future of this team is uncertain. No one knows how long Brady will be around for, no future QB on the roster, and Bill doesn't plan on retiring any time soon. As everyone says, the ownership here is by far better, but the Browns job is too tempting.

Am I the only one who sees there currently is no interview scheduled.
I could say I want to be the VP at Google but if there is no interview chances are slim.
Same with Josh and the Browns job.
I think the Ballard connection is too strong.
They would of asked to interview him if they were interested.

I'd rather build a team around Mayfield's potential and possibility of maturing nicely, than a couple of years of Rodgers and his proven unwillingness to grow up and become a team player.

The Steelers have major problems with the team that can't be fixed with talent at offensive skill positions. Thinking about it that way is what's gotten them to this point.

I'm sure that McDaniel's intent is to win a championship in a few years. He's not going to disqualify a job because of a fear of the consequences for losing. That's a losers mentality.

Yes, the emotional intelligence of the ownership is the big question there.

Rodgers is 35. Its not hard to see him playing 5 more years.

Mcarthy coached in GB 13 years. Sherman coached there 6 years.= 19 years

Jackson
Petine
Shurmur
Chudiski
Mangini
Crennel
Davis
Palmer

The Browns have had 8 HCs in 19 years not including the interim HCs for the 2 guys fired mid season. Somehow, Crennel lasted 4 whole years and is the longest tenured Browns HC since Beleichick.

Cleveland is a swamp of misery. Green Bay already knows what winning is like.

Careful of Browns ownership. Jimmy "The Jet" Haslam is sketchy and has an itchy trigger finger

McDaniels next job will be managing a Pilot truck stop peddling Haslams watered down coffee and stale donuts.

Browns would be a better move than the Packers. Whatever 'It' is, Mayfield has 'It'.

Browns actually had a better record than the Packers.

Unless you think that Mayfield is another RG3type 1 year wonder the Browns are a much better choice than the Packers.

Rodgers is 35. Its not hard to see him playing 5 more years.

Mcarthy coached in GB 13 years. Sherman coached there 6 years.= 19 years

Jackson
Petine
Shurmur
Chudiski
Mangini
Crennel
Davis
Palmer

The Browns have had 8 HCs in 19 years not including the interim HCs for the 2 guys fired mid season. Somehow, Crennel lasted 4 whole years and is the longest tenured Browns HC since Beleichick.

Cleveland is a swamp of misery. Green Bay already knows what winning is like.

If you take the Browns to the playoffs they will build a statue for you. If you don't take GB to the SB they will be calling for your head.

I think The Browns would be the coolest place to finally win a SB (other than a post Brlichick NE of course)

It all depends on what Josh McDaniels wants his legacy to by. Does he want to stick around with the aging GOAT without a clear successor in sight in a house which was built by the GOAT HC? Or maybe he wants to start somewhere with a bright QB on a team which has a lot of young talents and becomes a legend without being attached to anybody else?

Both options have risk. I pick the latter if I am JD but I hope he can stay.
Belichick didn't follow Parcells as HC of the NYJs, and I really am beginning to think McD is going to follow that game plan. Now, there were different circumstances involved, mainly Parcells ego and his desire to embarrass Kraft. But still, you have to wonder do you really want to follow BB here? Anything less than deep playoff runs are not going to be acceptable.

Two jobs I am not sure I'd want: Following GOAT TB12 and following GOAT Belichick.

If you take the Browns to the playoffs they will build a statue for you. If you don't take GB to the SB they will be calling for your head.

I will take my chances with a HOF QB and a franchise that does not hire and fire HCs like I change socks.

4 - 12 got Sherman fired
7 - 9 and 6 - 9 got Mcarthy fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results