PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Shanahan: no guarantee Jimmy G will be on roster on Sunday

Who will pay more AAV to Jimmy than the patriots will now )or next week)? Is that you are asking?

My position is that the patriots would be willing to pay more to Jimmy if he were a free agent. That way, we wouldn't be giving up a pick.

Perhaps, Jimmy is worth a 2nd to the patriots if the new contract agree is $10 AAV or a 5th if it is $15M unless the new team will accept his current contract.
People seem very sure about the value the Patriots place on QBs in the post-Brady era, from draft capital, to money.

Who will pay more AAV to Jimmy than the patriots will now )or next week)? Is that you are asking?

My position is that the patriots would be willing to pay more to Jimmy if he were a free agent. That way, we wouldn't be giving up a pick.

Perhaps, Jimmy is worth a 2nd to the patriots if the new contract agree is $10 AAV or a 5th if it is $15M unless the new team will accept his current contract.
The patriots are not paying Jimmy more than 25 million a year. No way. If Jimmy is coming here it’s on an incentive based contract with a base FAR less than 25 mill.
And it’s not like he has a lot of options.

The patriots are not paying Jimmy more than 25 million a year. No way. If Jimmy is coming here it’s on an incentive based contract with a base FAR less than 25 mill.
And it’s not like he has a lot of options.
Why shouldn't Jimmy just wait to be cut?

Also, who is starting the first 5 games for SF? I suppose they could find someone for $1M a game, but would he win 2 games?

setting up his excuse come Thursday night IMO....I'd give Shinny NADA...let the supposed suitors like the Bears pay a 2nd round pick and pick up that millstone contract. I say call the little brat's bluff and force him to cut JG

Why shouldn't Jimmy just wait to be cut?

Also, who is starting the first 5 games for SF? I suppose they could find someone for $1M a game, but would he win 2 games?
Huh? Jimmy gets 25 million unless he is cut. I think he’d like that 25 million.

I assume Jimmy is starting for sf until the rookie is ready. That’s why they arent trading him.

setting up his excuse come Thursday night IMO....I'd give Shinny NADA...let the supposed suitors like the Bears pay a 2nd round pick and pick up that millstone contract. I say call the little brat's bluff and force him to cut JG
Why in the world would they cut him?

Why in the world would they cut him?
are they going to pay him 25 million AND pick a QB at 3?...good for them...I get the impression Shanahan is done with him and he's floating rumors to the press about teams offering a 2nd round for him. Me, I'd give him nothing...see if he blinks

Multiple teams are still looking for QBs, even with the top 3 draft picks being counted as starters for their respective future employers.

Huh? Jimmy gets 25 million unless he is cut. I think he’d like that 25 million.

I assume Jimmy is starting for sf until the rookie is ready. That’s why they arent trading him.
so Jimmy will get $25M if he plays those first five games.
=========

Multiple teams are still looking for QBs, even with the top 3 draft picks being counted as starters for their respective future employers.
I'm aware of that. I look at Jax and see a kid like Minshew being available...for a 1/10th of the ridiculous price Shanahan wants to exact from anyone. To me, the best part of all this back and forth is we'll all KNOW Thursday night..and I'll still be a Pats fan Friday morning

are they going to pay him 25 million AND pick a QB at 3?...good for them...I get the impression Shanahan is done with him and he's floating rumors to the press about teams offering a 2nd round for him. Me, I'd give him nothing...see if he blinks
They seem to want him as insurance against the rushing the rookie. It makes sense.

Ok what is your point?
I agree that this is good plan for SF. It maximizes their 2021 SB possibilities.

If this is true, it is unlikely that SF will make any trades soon, unless they are pretty sure of bringing in a veteran that they could train in Training Camp.

so...NFLN just now...all three exNFLers including WillieMcG think Justin Fields is the guy and that JG is the placeholder this season. If true, Mac Jones could fall...fast. I just watched Surtain's workout. If by some stroke of luck he falls within the 15th pick range, I think BB pulls the trigger.

so...NFLN just now...all three exNFLers including WillieMcG think Justin Fields is the guy and that JG is the placeholder this season. If true, Mac Jones could fall...fast. I just watched Surtain's workout. If by some stroke of luck he falls within the 15th pick range, I think BB pulls the trigger.
Mac Jones isn't falling.

If his team doesn’t want him, so desperately that they are willing to trade 3 #1s to not have to have him as their qb and the most you think he is worth is a second round pick why would you think he is the long term answer to this franchises problem at QB?
Why should the patriots settle for someone you would trade 3 1s to replace and would be lucky to trade for a second?
You are saying his value sucks, but he’s the answer.

The issue here is what does Belichick want not what Shanahan doesn't want.

You might want to sit this one out and hit the bench for awhile with some Gatorade.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back