PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post JETS SUCK 2021 EDITION (OFFICIAL): THE INSIDIOUS JETE STANK CONSPIRACY

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Their whole QB strategy is baffling. Grabbing the raw talent from the small school, not having any NFL vets around in the off season for him to learn from, going into the season with a career journeyman as the backup, expecting the kid to start from a dead stop and play at a NFL level is just baffling. It was really pushing all the chips onto the table, and it's turning out to be craps. It was do or die for Douglas, and now we can see it will be die.

As you said, the Jete were starting from the absolute basement in terms of talent and team chemistry. I don't get why the Jete fans think appointing a new rah-rah kind of coach is going to fix all that in six games. Those fans really only have themselves to blame for being disappointed. You and I can see Punky needs a few years of seasoning before anything can be expected from him, why cant Jete fans? Look at how long BUF had to be patient with Allen before he found himself. Why were the Jete fans optimistic after seeing how Darnit was rushed on to the field with no talent around him?

Joe Benigno said he can't take another 2-14 season. Well, it seems he will have no choice but to do just that, and at least one more to follow.

They do everything the opposite of the way it should be done. It’s baffling.

Johnson confident GM Joe Douglas, coach Robert Saleh 'will get it right'​

2:02 PM ET
  • i

Rich CiminiESPN Staff Writer
New York Jets owner and chairman Woody Johnson, apparently not shaken by his team's 1-5 start and historic loss to the New England Patriots on Sunday, expressed "unwavering, steadfast confidence" Tuesday in general manager Joe Douglas and coach Robert Saleh.
"I've been around for, this is going on 22 years, with my little absence that I had recently, and this is a good group," Johnson told reporters at the NFL owners meetings in Manhattan. "We will get it right. Last week, you know, [was] frustrating, but now we turn the page and we're off to the Bengals."
Johnson, who served as the U.S. ambassador to the United Kingdom from 2017 to 2020, returned to the team in January, shortly after it had hired Saleh, formerly the San Francisco 49ers' defensive coordinator
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well thats good to hear, i like the way Woody thinks. He gives the JEST the continuity to keep on sucking.

Last edited:
New York Jets owner and chairman Woody Johnson, apparently not shaken by his team's 1-5 start and historic loss to the New England Patriots on Sunday, expressed "unwavering, steadfast confidence" Tuesday in general manager Joe Douglas and coach Robert Saleh.
"I've been around for, this is going on 22 years, with my little absence that I had recently, and this is a good group," Johnson told reporters at the NFL owners meetings in Manhattan. "We will get it right. Last week, you know, [was] frustrating, but now we turn the page and we're off to the Bengals."
Johnson, who served as the U.S. ambassador to the United Kingdom from 2017 to 2020, returned to the team in January, shortly after it had hired Saleh, formerly the San Francisco 49ers' defensive coordinator
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well thats good to hear, i like the way Woody thinks. He gives the JEST continuity to keep on sucking.
Indeed, he's been owner for 22 years, the results speak for themselves.

I guess it's the "same old same old" but it's pretty amazing to me Jete fans are already out on Saleh after just six games. Anyone looking at that roster has to admit he doesn't have a lot of talent to work with. They act as if a single bye week is enough to have a way to figure out how to stop a competent NFL offense, but it is not. It's pretty funny to me that da Jete fan base are taking getting blown out by the Pats so badly. What did they expect to happen when a decent team plays a sh!tty team? Do they think wishing makes things true?

On the other hand, I never bought the hype behind Saleh in the first place. The man had never been a HC before. Sure he was good at rah-rah, but the job entails a lot more than that. He was a believer in the Pete Carroll defensive system of running to the ball. Works if you have supremely good talent and coaching, doesn't work for most other situations. Even Dan Quinn took some time away from the game and is now running a more traditional scheme at Dallas.

Hard to figure out where da Jete go from here, except round and round the toilet bowl. Someone's getting fired in the off season, there's no doubt about that. Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh, and/or both? The Jete fans will be baying like the rabid dogs they are. If they aren't already, seeing Flacco play behind their sh!tty offensive line will seal the deal. The wails of anguish will be deafening. Going into the season with no one but Mike White as backup QB should get Douglas fired, and Saleh could easily be collateral damag

The thing that got me going about Benigno's pod was that he emphasized that Saleh is worse than any Jete coach he's seen going back to Kotite, and even said Adam Gaze was a better coach! He said Gaze got five wins out of the Jete, but hey, blind squirrels find acorns too. Yet if he wants a return to the back stabbing palace politics of the Gaze era, he must be crazy.

Phil Perry had a bizarre suggestion on the Curran podcast: they need an offensive minded coach to get the most out of Punky, and Josh McD is showing he can develop MJ, so maybe the Jete make a run at McD in the off season. Of course this neglects that MJ is as close to a NFL ready player as a draft pick can be, but unfortunately Curran didn't push back on Perry for that. It'd be interesting to see how all the people on this forum who whine about McD would react. They might find out that actually it'd be pretty hard to find a good replacement for McD if he should go, so be careful when you wish for things, the next guy could be far worse.

The Jete have extra draft capital in 2022 from the Adams and Darnold trades, but the organization is a sink hole for talent. Anyone seeing how Saleh is getting roasted after just six games would be wise to stay away from that fetid sewer.

Jete fans are so stupid (yes, I know that's redundant), but their umbrage is misdirected. Behind the revolving door of coaches/GMs/"star" players has been one constant and that's the dopey Johnson brothers. If they ever want things to change they must pressure ownership to sell, or at least become absentee by turning the franchise over to professionals. Exactly how they can accomplish that I'm not sure, but boycotting games might be a start. That remains my only fear about this team -- competent change at the top.

Jete fans are so stupid (yes, I know that's redundant), but their umbrage is misdirected. Behind the revolving door of coaches/GMs/"star" players has been one constant and that's the dopey Johnson brothers. If they ever want things to change they must pressure ownership to sell, or at least become absentee by turning the franchise over to professionals. Exactly how they can accomplish that I'm not sure, but boycotting games might be a start. That remains my only fear about this team -- competent change at the top.
Leon Hess was no prize/winner either, he hired the immortal rich kotex. Hess to the Johnsons is just the continuation of the of Jete suckage

Last edited:
Leon Hess was no prize either, Hess to the Johnsons is just the continuation of the of Jete suckage
Hess was no prize, yet both Parcells and BB were cool with him, and BB hit the road the instant he met the Johnsons.

That says a lot to me.

Also, being a child of the 60's, I have a soft spot for these things:

hesstory-first-truck.png

Damn, I didn't notice till just now that they are old-school Jete puke green!

Hess was no prize, yet both Parcells and BB were cool with him, and BB hit the road the instant he met the Johnsons.

That says a lot to me.

Also, being a child of the 60's, I have a soft spot for these things:

hesstory-first-truck.png

Damn, I didn't notice till just now that they are old-school Jete puke green!
I remember those, but my father always went to the gas station that gave out stake knives:( I still have some of them.

Last edited:
Not sure this is good public policy. We have this group of people well identified and reasonably well contained, at least on Sundays. Kind of like walking into Wuhan Institute of Virology and giving everyone international plane tickets. Can we at least require them to become Ravens and Bronco fans?

fify

Their whole QB strategy is baffling. Grabbing the raw talent from the small school, not having any NFL vets around in the off season for him to learn from, going into the season with a career journeyman as the backup, expecting the kid to start from a dead stop and play at a NFL level is just baffling. It was really pushing all the chips onto the table, and it's turning out to be craps. It was do or die for Douglas, and now we can see it will be die.

As you said, the Jete were starting from the absolute basement in terms of talent and team chemistry. I don't get why the Jete fans think appointing a new rah-rah kind of coach is going to fix all that in six games. Those fans really only have themselves to blame for being disappointed. You and I can see Punky needs a few years of seasoning before anything can be expected from him, why cant Jete fans? Look at how long BUF had to be patient with Allen before he found himself. Why were the Jete fans optimistic after seeing how Darnit was rushed on to the field with no talent around him?ATURAL

Joe Benigno said he can't take another 2-14 season. Well, it seems he will have no choice but to do just that, and at least one more to follow.

Naturally, it all comes from the top. The Johnsons believe religiously in player "star power" vs. building a team and Punky was pitched as savior to the starving fan base. Of course, the logical approach would've included a veteran QB mentor aboard which they ALREADY HAD IN PLACE last year with Flacco. They must have known early on that Darnold would be shipped out in favor of drafting a QB at No. 2, so why didn't they keep him? Spending a draft pick to bring Flacco back at almost mid-season with Punky injured and perhaps headed to IR is downright hilarious. Mike White will start vs. Cincy, I wonder how his morale is holding up.

Naturally, it all comes from the top. The Johnsons believe religiously in player "star power" vs. building a team and Punky was pitched as savior to the starving fan base. Of course, the logical approach would've included a veteran QB mentor aboard which they ALREADY HAD IN PLACE last year with Flacco. They must have known early on that Darnold would be shipped out in favor of drafting a QB at No. 2, so why didn't they keep him? Spending a draft pick to bring Flacco back at almost mid-season with Punky injured and perhaps headed to IR is downright hilarious. Mike White will start vs. Cincy, I wonder how his morale is holding up.

I’d love to know behind the scenes how Woody ****s everything up. I think it’s obvious that’s why Bill left. Wonder if he’s a total micro-manager or a guy who is totally absent but just shows up randomly and undermines and changes the direction with some knee jerk directives.

I’d love to know behind the scenes how Woody ****s everything up. I think it’s obvious that’s why Bill left. Wonder if he’s a total micro-manager or a guy who is totally absent but just shows up randomly and undermines and changes the direction with some knee jerk directives.

My guess is the latter, since Woody also has his sweaty little paws in the J&J pharmaceutical business. Don't forget that his kid brother oversaw things while he was off embarrassing America as "ambassador" to the U.K.

I keep saying it but the last 52-plus years of Jete history has ample material for an award-winning sitcom.

Hess gave Scumbagdell his start in the NFL as a Jete intern, then recommended him for a position in NFL offices...it's been the scumbag Jete all along...they may not win a damn thing but they sure do influence the courses of other franchises

I haven’t done the crunching to research this notion, but starting from the Jamal Adams draft pick onwards, considering the draft capital and cap space they’ve had available to them, I contend that the Jets could have reasonably acquired any QB in football aside from, like, 7-8 of them if they’d made different evaluations.

Let’s think it through. There were a few high picks they wouldn’t be able to touch. Mayfield, Burrow, Murray, Lawrence. Rodgers and Russell Wilson would be untouchable. And let’s agree that free agent Brady had the sense to stay away no matter what they offered. Other than that, is there a QB that they couldn’t have acquired? Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, Josh Allen, Dak, Mac Jones... All draftable. Maybe they could have traded up for Herbert? Not sure. Stafford and Wentz: obtainable in trade. Tannehill wasn’t a hot property when he went to Ten. They nearly signed Cousins and could have made the Raiders an offer they couldn’t refuse for Carr. It’s like how people here feel about the WR position but 1000 times worse and more justified.

I haven’t done the crunching to research this notion, but starting from the Jamal Adams draft pick onwards, considering the draft capital and cap space they’ve had available to them, I contend that the Jets could have reasonably acquired any QB in football aside from, like, 7-8 of them if they’d made different evaluations.

Let’s think it through. There were a few high picks they wouldn’t be able to touch. Mayfield, Burrow, Murray, Lawrence. Rodgers and Russell Wilson would be untouchable. And let’s agree that free agent Brady had the sense to stay away no matter what they offered. Other than that, is there a QB that they couldn’t have acquired? Mahomes, Jackson, Watson, Josh Allen, Dak, Mac Jones... All draftable. Maybe they could have traded up for Herbert? Not sure. Stafford and Wentz: obtainable in trade. Tannehill wasn’t a hot property when he went to Ten. They nearly signed Cousins and could have made the Raiders an offer they couldn’t refuse for Carr. It’s like how people here feel about the WR position but 1000 times worse and more justified.

I'm beginning to believe in the theory posited by @Joker that the Jete will not field a winning quarterback until Joe Namath passes on.

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back