PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wtf happened with Brissett deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill has a long history of getting bad value on QBs. Why didn't he trade Mallett to Houston for 2 1sts, Watt and Mercilus? He settled for a sixth to hook his buddy up.

This is a funny post, and I get what you’re saying about us overvaluing our own players, it in this case I really feel the team vastly undervalued their own players. Can you imagine the Colts front office realizing they just got their starting quarterback for 2017 for a guy who they might have cut anyway? Or the 49ers giving up a measly second round pick for a player who two months later they’d make the highest paid player in league history at the time? Patriots got hoodwinked and misread the market. As I pointed out earlier, the Colts will now only trade Brissett for a first round pick (or more, as they turned down an offer for a second.) Garoppolo? Let’s just put three first round picks as the marker, although they still wouldn’t trade him. So both players are worth 4 first round picks combined but the Patriots got a single second round pick and Dorsett. That’s not good.

The Brisset/Dorsett trade can't be looked at by just the players alone. Situation and roster count too. The Pats had their best receiver go down in the preseason and needed a receiver more than a third string QB.

And a lot of the analysts noted that after the deal. The Pats were looking for depth at WR.

If they knew JG was going to be dealt in the season it's very doubtful Brissett is dealt. That's hind sight. Brissett's numbers are average, about the same as Hoyer's as a starter. I'd take Brissett over Hoyer now, but it's illogical to think Brissett fetches a second round pick.

And a lot of the analysts noted that after the deal. The Pats were looking for depth at WR.

If they knew JG was going to be dealt in the season it's very doubtful Brissett is dealt. That's hind sight. Brissett's numbers are average, about the same as Hoyer's as a starter. I'd take Brissett over Hoyer now, but it's illogical to think Brissett fetches a second round pick.
Tyrod Taylor just earned his old team a pick in the top of the third round. A second rounder is a stretch since Taylor is a little better than Brisket but it's not complete insanity, just an overpayment.

Tyroe Taylor just earned his old team a pick in the top of the third round. A second rounder is a stretch since Taylor is a little better than Brisket but it's not complete insanity, just an overpayment.

It’s an overpayment if he’s coming in to start but not crazy. For Seattle it would be complete incompetence to offer a 2nd for a guy who won’t ever play over Wilson when they need as many future high picks as possible to rebuild both lines.

This guy is beginning to convince me he's a troll Colts fan

He could be bob kravitz or better yet Ryan Grigson. He’s got a lot of free time these days.

Do you honestly think that the court system of the US is so flawed that they'd incorrectly hold the Patriots at fault?
It's not an issue of being "flawed". It's an issue of what was allowed to be considered. The Brady legal proceedings were not about whether Brady did anything or not. They were about what the Federal Arbitration Act requires courts to do and how that interacted with the specific language in the NFLPA/NFL collective bargaining agreement.

The courts were not really allowed to consider the underlying facts. They could only consider Goodell's behavior and the legal (not factual) question of how much deference they had to give to Goodell's determination. They could only consider the facts to the extent Goodell's behavior could be judged beyond the bounds of what the FAA allows. And the FAA grants wide, wide discretion to the arbitrator and greatly circumscribes courts' power to undo an arbitrator's decision.

So a judge could be totally convinced that Brady and the team did nothing, yet be required to rule in favor of the NFL so long as the NFL and Goodell went through the right hoops and said the right things.

Brady probably didn't directly do it, but did the Patriots probably have something to do with the balls? I mean, likely yes. You can't just make up BS in the legal system

You clearly didn't follow the Deflategate legal proceedings at all. You may want to go back and do some re-reading so you don't continue to beclown yourself.

For one thing, the legal proceedings were not about anything Brady or the team did or did not do.

Tyrod Taylor just earned his old team a pick in the top of the third round. A second rounder is a stretch since Taylor is a little better than Brisket but it's not complete insanity, just an overpayment.
Taylor led a team to the playoffs, but it was dumb for Cleveland to give up a pick for a placeholder that will play half a season at best. However 1 or 2 wins in that season means a lot to the Browns.

Does Brady enjoy deleting all his text messages and wiping his phone on a daily basis or just before championship games? Seems like there was something going on.

First, what does this have to do with you being completely wrong on just about everything you have posted here including the OP. All this other nonsese you are posting is a giant Red Herring.

Second, if Brady did indeed delete his text messages and wipe his phone before (as you state) the said "championship game" then how does that strengthen any point you are trying to make? The whole Deflate gate sham started in the middle of the game (you know, the game where the Colts broke the rules by screwing with a ball during a game) so if TB wiped his phone (BEFORE) the game...... You see where I am going with this???

Anyway, carry on. This is actually entertaining...

Last edited:
I truly hope you educated yourself on the US Court System since Goodell's authority has nothing to do with the ruling of that case. The Patriots were found guilty twice - the second after their appeal. I get being a fan of a team, but courts don't lie.

That's so wrong it's pathetically funny.

Does Brady enjoy deleting all his text messages and wiping his phone on a daily basis or just before championship games? Seems like there was something going on.

Any famous person will delete/wipe/destroy any laptop/phone/ipad when she/he goes to a new device. I've got the phone numbers, e-mail, and even addresses of some famous people on my phone - I can only imagine what/who Brady has on his.

To say nothing of his family pictures.

I truly hope you educated yourself on the US Court System since Goodell's authority has nothing to do with the ruling of that case. The Patriots were found guilty twice - the second after their appeal. I get being a fan of a team, but courts don't lie.
You're an embarrassment, if anyone knows the defamegate saga. It's the posters on this board, you should go back to your colts or jets board and stop trolling.

Damn. I wonder how it is that we know Brady's color preference for pool covers??

Hmmmm.

Holy shyt Batman.

If you had read the appeal transcripts, which judge Berman had released, you'd know why.

And you'd also know that Goodell lied about Brady's testimony.

And you'd also know that the NFL nor Ted Wells knew about the Ideal Gas Law at the onset of the investigation.

You'd also know that it was a witch hunt from the get go.

You're an embarrassment, if anyone knows the defamegate saga. It's the posters on this board, you should go back to your colts or jets board and stop trolling.

No need to add cancer to the growing pot of steam here. I made a mistake. Deal with it. Move on. Stop acting like a 5 year old who hasn't been taught to socialize.

No need to add cancer to the growing pot of steam here. I made a mistake. Deal with it. Move on. Stop acting like a 5 year old who hasn't been taught to socialize.
The mistake was your laziness and/or outright ignorance. A lot of people here dealt with systemic ignorance and laziness in the media and elsewhere every day back then. I have too much respect for them to have you say "mistake" and "let's move on." Apologize.

Can you imagine the Colts front office realizing they just got their starting quarterback for 2017 for a guy who they might have cut anyway?

Why do you keep saying this as if it weren't known heading into the deal?

If they knew JG was going to be dealt in the season it's very doubtful Brissett is dealt.

Huh? You think the team didn't know JG would likely be moved at some point? Or at the very least lost in the following off-season? Where the hell are you getting your information from?

Last edited:
That's so wrong it's pathetically funny.

Yeah, I thought initially that he was merely mistaken, now I fear it may actually be a problem of sincerity.

The mistake was your laziness and/or outright ignorance. A lot of people here dealt with systemic ignorance and laziness in the media and elsewhere every day back then. I have too much respect for them to have you say "mistake" and "let's move on." Apologize.
That was my 2nd time apologizing and I will say a 3rd time: It is my mistake for not remembering the report. There's no need to act like a fan forum has anything to do with someone's ignorance and act like a child about it. This is a place where you can say "mistake" and "let's move on". I get that you love the Patriots - I do too - but no need to act like everything said here is as formal as the media.

Yeah, I thought initially that he was merely mistaken, now I fear it may actually be a problem of sincerity.
My assumption was that the courts had proven Brady guilty. I didn't realize that the courts proved that Goodell had the final say. Different circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes