PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Brissett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a general tip for the 21st Century: you really don't want to use Rudyard Kipling as your guide to understanding "the other." ;)
Why don't you just lock this moronic thread and put it out of its misery?

@patchick I'm gonna just straight up ask you, did you actually read The Female of the Species? Ignore the era and author it comes from, and it could be adopted today as a piece of Feminist literature.

Was surprised to read that Brissett has absorbed 43 sacks so far this year. That’s nuts, especially considering the fact that he didn’t play the first game or two.

He has not consistently contributed.

You know it and you need to stop disparaging Brissett just to avoid admitting the Colts got more out of the trade than we did.

As far as Hoyer being a better backup you have no idea if that is true. The Patriots traded Brissett when they had Garoppolo, who knows if they would have done that if they knew they would have to trade Garoppolo. You are making an assumption and you very well could be wrong.

You are just putting your hands in your ears and ignoring everything that is being openly reported. The team had made a decision on JB already during camp. Also the team knew that there was a very realistic chance they would trade JG by October when they sent JB to the Colts. How shortsighted do you think the FO acts ? They held off on JG until the very last moment in case something happened to Brady or some kind of compromise with JG could be found for an extension. You are acting as if they didnt anticipate trading away JG when they dealt JB which is just asinine.

You missing Coleman?

Not really we have enough depth and I dont think he worked well in our defense. Seattle and their simple scheme is a better fit for him.

The loss on that trade really was the pick we gave up for Marsh. But you cant win them all..

Jacoby Brissett is on pace for 3500 yards, 15 TDs, 7 INTs and a better % completion than guys like Cam Newton and Carson Wentz. He is a competent QB and one that the Colts should be very interested in committing to as their starter next year. Brissett's yards/attempt is 7.3. That's better than Rodgers, Prescott, Cutler, Flacco, Manning and other starters. Good for him.

The Colts have a QB that costs less than $900k/year for the next two seasons who can allow them to strengthen other positions if they have a brain in their heads.

2017 NFL Passing | Pro-Football-Reference.com

You are just putting your hands in your ears and ignoring everything that is being openly reported. The team had made a decision on JB already during camp. Also the team knew that there was a very realistic chance they would trade JG by October when they sent JB to the Colts. How shortsighted do you think the FO acts ? They held off on JG until the very last moment in case something happened to Brady or some kind of compromise with JG could be found for an extension. You are acting as if they didnt anticipate trading away JG when they dealt JB which is just asinine.
The same media people who reported the Patriots would franchise Garoppolo? Or the ones that said we would trade Butler?

Not really we have enough depth and I dont think he worked well in our defense. Seattle and their simple scheme is a better fit for him.

The loss on that trade really was the pick we gave up for Marsh. But you cant win them all..
The Seahawks scheme is not simple. It is very similar to ours in fact.

Jacoby Brissett is on pace for 3500 yards, 15 TDs, 7 INTs and a better % completion than guys like Cam Newton and Carson Wentz. He is a competent QB and one that the Colts should be very interested in committing to as their starter next year. Brissett's yards/attempt is 7.3. That's better than Rodgers, Prescott, Cutler, Flacco, Manning and other starters. Good for him.

The Colts have a QB that costs less than $900k/year for the next two seasons who can allow them to strengthen other positions if they have a brain in their heads.

2017 NFL Passing | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Sounds like a great idea if you want to have a terrible passing offense.

Brissett is great apart from the whole putting up points and winning games part, the Colts also have a projected $83m cap space with Lucks contract on the books according to Spotrac so what difference does another $20m make if you can't build a competent roster with $83m what difference is $103m.

A fans we are easily distractable and sometimes angry about stuff that does not really matter.. nobody is right is everybody is wrong.

Go Jimmy G!

In other words Coleman was definitely going to be cut. JJones passed him. Yeah, we take chances with real low picks at a position where teams spend #1's, pass rusher. We can do that about 100 times before we get hurt as much as a 1st or 2nd round pass rusher busting.

We can't afford to pay top money at every position and we can't afford to spend early round picks for every position. Making a lot of small gambles makes perfect sense to me, considering we draft low every year.

In other words Coleman was definitely going to be cut. JJones passed him. Yeah, we take chances with real low picks at a position where teams spend #1's, pass rusher. We can do that about 100 times before we get hurt as much as a 1st or 2nd round pass rusher busting.

We can't afford to pay top money at every position and we can't afford to spend early round picks for every position. Making a lot of small gambles makes perfect sense to me, considering we draft low every year.

Yeah no question.. I would do the deal every time again because the potential upside was worth the pick.

Just saying that it turned out a loss compared to other transactions that are being criticised.

There could be a banner though yeah? I could see the Colts hanging that up.

“Traded #5 WR for QB that starts some games”
Nobody "wins" trades. That's dumb. There's no trophy for "winning" trades.

I take it back. We traded a #3 for a #1, so we won the trade.

The same media people who reported the Patriots would franchise Garoppolo? Or the ones that said we would trade Butler?

Butler is gone after this season. No other team wanted to part with their early draft picks for a 27 year old overachiever that has to play every snap at 100% to mask his physical shortcomings. You think his trip to NO was to hang out at Bourbon Street ?

Also if you carefully looked at the cap space you knew that franchising Jimmy was never a realistic option no matter what some morons in the media were saying.

Do yourself a favor and listen to more reasonable media sources like Curran instead wasting time with people that spew that much crap.

He is a competent QB and one that the Colts should be very interested in committing to as their starter next year. Brissett's yards/attempt is 7.3.

Congrats.. you might just win the stupidest take of the thread award and some people here really didnt make that one easy.

Who in their right mind would start JB over Luck ? You cant even give enough pills to Irsay without killing him to make him do that. That is just absurd..

Yeah no question.. I would do the deal every time again because the potential upside was worth the pick.

Just saying that it turned out a loss compared to other transactions that are being criticised.

I don't look at it that way. If Lee turns out to have some value, how much did we spend to stock a weak position? Not much. Does anyone argue we didn't need to take a shot at getting some pass rushers? I think it's more likely that low pick clicks than the one we would have drafted, plus he's not a rookie and he's available this season. Low risk, high reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back