PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Brissett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consistently contributes on the field? He has not had a catch in 7 of 11 games this season.

A real backup like Brian Hoyer... wow you sound so dumb it's laughable.

Again the fact that all you see are catches just goes to show that you are not particularly insightful when it comes to understanding the game of football.

And, yes, Hoyer is a better backup QB for the Patriots than JB. You can laugh about it all you want but he can actually run the McDaniels offense. Whereas JB proved he can not which is why the team moved on from him and he is showing every week with the Colts that he just is too slow to be an effective multi read pocket passer.

Yes because we could have never found a player to run a route and not have the ball throw to him, Dorsett was the only one that could do it.

At this point you should know that WRs are not just running a route but need to understand the entire system and be on the same page with Brady when it comes to route adjustments. And at the same time he has to be threating enough for defensive backs and their DCs to take him serious. Until someone above him gets injured this is his role and he is filling that role pretty well.

I think your mental issue with this is that for some stupid reason you keep referring to him as first round pick as if it matters at all where the Colts drafted him. At this point of his career it is completely irrelevant where Dorsett was drafted it is only about him doing his job.

You're a 10 year old girl, right?
You act like such a know it all bashing everything you don’t agree with and 99% of the time you aren’t even in the ballpark of being accurate. You are at best the very definition of a mediocre poster.

When you see my posts you should be smart and scroll past them because I don’t care what you have to say.

You act like such a know it all bashing everything you don’t agree with and 99% of the time you aren’t even in the ballpark of being accurate. You are at best the very definition of a mediocre poster.

When you see my posts you should be smart and scroll past them because I don’t care what you have to say.
So an 8 year old girl then.

Again the fact that all you see are catches just goes to show that you are not particularly insightful when it comes to understanding the game of football.

And, yes, Hoyer is a better backup QB for the Patriots than JB. You can laugh about it all you want but he can actually run the McDaniels offense. Whereas JB proved he can not which is why the team moved on from him and he is showing every week with the Colts that he just is too slow to be an effective multi read pocket passer.

At this point you should know that WRs are not just running a route but need to understand the entire system and be on the same page with Brady when it comes to route adjustments. And at the same time he has to be threating enough for defensive backs and their DCs to take him serious. Until someone above him gets injured this is his role and he is filling that role pretty well.

I think your mental issue with this is that for some stupid reason you keep referring to him as first round pick as if it matters at all where the Colts drafted him. At this point of his career it is completely irrelevant where Dorsett was drafted it is only about him doing his job.
He has not consistently contributed.

You know it and you need to stop disparaging Brissett just to avoid admitting the Colts got more out of the trade than we did.

As far as Hoyer being a better backup you have no idea if that is true. The Patriots traded Brissett when they had Garoppolo, who knows if they would have done that if they knew they would have to trade Garoppolo. You are making an assumption and you very well could be wrong.

Last edited:
This is getting to the point where it is absurd. Dorsett is a solid contributor as many have pointed out in the role that he has. While at the same time the Colts media is slowly realizing the very same limitations of JB that made the Patriots move on from him:

The trade was anything but a bust for us. You know what trade was a bust ? Coleman + 1 for Marsh.. that is a bust. JB for Dorsett gave us a solid player and emergency depth for Cooks on a rookie contract. You are just looking at the bottomline without any context.

You missing Coleman?

You make a lot of excuses. Doesn’t change the outcome however, the Colts still won that trade. A starting QB for a depth WR is a bad trade. You could ask a 6 year old who just watched his first nfl game and he would grasp that.

You are all over the place. So we would have kept Edelman involved, we are able to involve Bennett, but Dorsett is the exception. Your excuses are weak. I mention Hogan because there are 7-8 targets a game that would have went to him over the past 3 weeks that still aren’t going to Dorsett. A solid contributor as you call him would have stepped up and filled a Hogan’s void, Dorsett has not.

Nobody "wins" trades. That's dumb. There's no trophy for "winning" trades.

Thank you for this simple statement of reason! I keep reading that it was a bad trade and shouldn't have been made because Brissett is more valuable to the Colts than Dorsett is the Patriots. That's an emotional evaluation, not a practical one. What matters from a Pats perspective is that Dorsett is more valuable to the Patriots than Brissett would have been to the Patriots.

New England is a much stronger team, so a player who would have been a wasted roster spot for them this season can be a starter for the Colts. Fine, yay for Indy for managing maybe a 5-11 season instead of 3-13.

As for next season, surely it's clear as day that BB & co. didn't see Brissett as a strong long term backup, let alone Brady heir. If they had, he'd still be a Patriot (and Garoppolo would have started game 1 for the Cleveland Browns).

Colts could have stuck Joe Kapp out there, they aren't going to win. Good trade for the Pats because, Brisset doesn't fit their system, or they don't like him long term. Short term, he's not experienced and Hoyer is. BTW, all this gushing over being a starting QB. Hoyer was for a number of teams.

Getting anybody for an inexperienced QB who isn't the future is great, even if Dorsett doesn't work out. Fast, former 1st is a great gamble when your loss is zero, because Brisset's not in the plans. Pats obviously haven't met their QB of the future.

I admire his composure and performance, but he's got a lot of flaws. 8 sack days make you dizzy after a while, he needs to fix that.

Insulting by calling people a young girl. Seems pretty childish in its own right if you ask me.
I wasn't the one who started demeaning peoples' intelligence in lieu of argument and playing the laughably insipid, limp-wristed, weak-willed "well if you don't like what I say don't read my posts" nonsense.

So an 8 year old girl then.

The 8 year old girls you know throw shade on football forums? o_O

I mean, I get that for guys, "girl" is an all-purpose insult, but you've got to pick your spots. Pretty soon you'll be saying, "He started a 2 am fight at a strip club? What is he, an 8 year old girl?"

excuse me, Patchick...but I rarely if ever use the (?)year old girl insult to disparage a particularly insidious miscreant. Normally I use the all purpose "moron" and if things escalate, break out the heavy artillery with "supermoron" and the always spectacular "intergalactic moron".

I mean, I get that for guys, "girl" is an all-purpose insult, but you've got to pick your spots. Pretty soon you'll be saying, "He started a 2 am fight at a strip club? What is he, an 8 year old girl?"

After experiencing the terrifying and beautiful miracle of my wife giving birth, I am utterly baffled how calling someone a "girl" could be construed as an insult--she's way, way tougher than I am, and I pride myself on my toughness. Although, come to think of it, she willingly went through labor and delivery a second time after knowing what was in store, so maybe calling her intelligence into question is warranted. In that case, "girl" very well might be substituted for insane. :D

The 8- or 10-year old portion ruins the entire thing, though. No young child is particularly knowledgeable or logical, even the ones with the best analytical minds. They're just missing too much life experience and information to grasp all the implications and nuances of everything (heck, so am I, and I'm in my 30s). And girls are more advanced than boys at that age, or at least they usually seem more mature from my observations, so the attempt at sexism as a putdown falls flat. All in all, the insult just fails to hold up to scrutiny.

Okay, back to our debate on quarterbacks. I just wanted to put in a good word for how incredible girls can be. :cool:

After experiencing the terrifying and beautiful miracle of my wife giving birth, I am utterly baffled how calling someone a "girl" could be construed as an insult--she's way, way tougher than I am, and I pride myself on my toughness. Although, come to think of it, she willingly went through labor and delivery a second time after knowing what was in store, so maybe calling her intelligence into question is warranted. In that case, "girl" very well might be substituted for insane. :D

Yep, that's the second miracle of birth -- that any of us are willing to go through it more than once. Indescribably awful. But the thing is, my kids are awesome. :)

Girl isn't an all-purpose insult. It's reserved for people who get into "chick fights" with other posters on the board. Tearing people down emotionally, trying to demean and belittle them, you know the way teenage girls play out those territorial urges they try to pretend they don't have while men are around.

As for the broader digression, some of you really need to read Rudyard Kipling's poem written over 100 years ago, The Female of the Species. Don't really feel like posting the whole thing here, especially because it has nothing to do with Jacoby Brisset, but it's excellent bit of literature that comes back to my point. Men know what a friendly fight is. You can piss them off and they'll swing on you and get it out of their system and you can be laughing and sharing a beer 15 minutes later. We know that there's a boundary, a spectrum of appropriate reactions between "friendly discussion" and "shoot to kill." Our endocrine systems are prepared for the idea that we occasionally are expected to compete for a mate without murdering every other male in the tribe.

Women don't have that mechanism, or at least it's not as strong with them. It's harder on average to get a women seeing red, but when you do, they have a way of going from zero to murder in 2 seconds flat . They don't know that there's a difference between a fight and a friendly disagreement that got a little out of control -- they understand it intellectually of course, but they're not wired to understand it instinctively in the same way a man would. And the more immature the female the more likely they are to do go berzerk no-holds-barred murderfest over something unimportant.

That's whre "10 year old girl" came from. Someone was going beyond "friendly discussion" and getting personal over a rather silly discussion on an Internet forum. It's just a guy way of reminding people that there are boundaries to these things and not to cross them unless it's super important.

Link to the Kipling poem
The Female of the Species - Kipling

Last edited:
As for the broader digression, some of you really need to read Rudyard Kipling's poem written over 100 years ago, The Female of the Species.

Just a general tip for the 21st Century: you really don't want to use Rudyard Kipling as your guide to understanding "the other." ;)

Just a general tip for the 21st Century: you really don't want to use Rudyard Kipling as your guide to understanding "the other." ;)
I dunno. He's a product of his era, but there's a lot of good sense in what he says if you know how to filter it. I can't say that his observations of women don't match my observations. There's no reason to ignore old wisdom just because it's old, and poems like The Female of the Species, The Danegeld, Tommy/Thin Red Line, and The Gods of the Copybook Headings still bear a lot of relevance to the challenges we face today, even if they do flow from the same pen that put forward the outdated notions in The White Man's Burden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back