PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mingo and Sheard sighting

n6249c

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Colts just sacked Flacco, their two edge rushers both got there and brought him down. Mingo and Sheard. With 20:20 hindsight maybe keeping them would've been a good move. Thoughts?

Not worth the money they commanded. Just as simple as that.

In a perfect world, we’d have kept both at hometown discounted prices, but it was just unrealistic.

Sheard & Mingo have been standout players this season ... for the Colts.

The Colts' second leading tackler is Bostic. Kenny Moore (remember him?) has gotten 4 starts (and looked great, relatively speaking).

It's basically the Pats' JV squad over there.

I think the Texans should have signed Mingo to partner him with Whitney Mercilus.

Colts just sacked Flacco, their two edge rushers both got there and brought him down. Mingo and Sheard. With 20:20 hindsight maybe keeping them would've been a good move. Thoughts?

I would have rather lived in Pottersville. Looked like a lot more fun.

Its probably good we didn't keep them. Too much $$ and not worth it. Its more of a shame that those guys wanted that much money and didn't want to stay here.

The 3 & 12 Colts show some life.. too bad Jacoby Brissett wound up there, he will probably be ruined in that franchise..

Sheard and Mingo never did all that much here.. very seldom long and pine for players that have moved on.

The 3 & 12 Colts show some life.. too bad Jacoby Brissett wound up there, he will probably be ruined in that franchise..

Sheard and Mingo never did all that much here.. very seldom long and pine for players that have moved on.

Mingo certainly didn't have many opportunities to contribute much on defense behind Flowers, Nink, Long, Sheard, Hightower, Collins, McClellin and Van Noy. However, he was second in ST snaps and 4th in ST tackles with 9 (one more than Slater, one fewer than King, and two fewer than JJ). As a former 1st-round pick and starting OLB/DE, I think he deserves at least some respect for sucking it up and making a significant contribution to the team effort in the role that was assigned to him.

In his two seasons as the #3/#4 rotational DE (by snap count) behind Chandler Jones, Nink, Flowers and Long, Sheard contributed 70 TT, 6 PD, 4 FF (more than Nink) and 13.0 sacks (more than Nink and Long). That's not nothin'.

I don't "pine" for them, but I do acknowledge that they both did their jobs very well in their assigned roles as members of the "supporting cast" while they were with the Pats.

It says more about how good the guys ahead of them on the Pats truly were, and how bad the Colts' roster is that Sheard and Mingo are now the best guys on the Colts.

I heard that Dom Easley made a tackle last month.

I wish we would have kept him around.

I'd like to have kept Chandler Jones at $8-9m per year as well. Too bad he got paid $17m per year.
Too bad he smoked half of the syntho in the six state region and strolled into the Foxborough Police Station bareass at 5:00 am singing Gaelic Christmas carols.

My thoughts are the colts are 31st in scoring defense and 31st in sacks so why would we want back players that we cast off because they finally got a sack?

I think brisset is showing everyone there wasn’t much to ruin.

I'm sure this isn't a surprise, but he's been on IR for a few months now.

He's out for season with a torn acl, tore his acl in practice in August

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back