PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Central Thread For Mourning/Canonizing Jimmy Garoppolo

i will continue to enjoy the main board as well

we will probably cross paths again

always enjoy debating with you.....you are an engaging poster......and a true TB12 fan

Hopefully not, the moderators are pretty good at getting rid of trolls, and you are a troll.

Unless he wins a few SBs in SF.....it will simply be seen as the easy/lazy decision

Brady’s only won them two Lombardi’ssince the last time you trotted out this bullsh.t.

If Tom wins SBs and Jimmy wins SBs?

I'm not sure there is an argument as both NEP fans the the Garappolites will be happy

The Garrapolites will never be happy, they are going to cry about this forever, which is why discussion of him needs to be moved to the NFL Forum. This crap is never going to stop and the trolls are going to feast on it.

Simple.....Garoppolo is 14 years younger and stands to be playing at a high level much further into the future

But I would not expect anyone from Brady’s underwear brigade to understand

The QB's in the coming draft will be even younger... and several stand to be playing even further into the future and quite possibly at an even higher level than JG. Should the Patriots go that route.

All the chest pounding in the world comparing JG to Rodgers/Young/etc doesn't make it a fact that he will turn out to be anything close to them. Clearly the team agrees with me otherwise they would have kept JG and shown Brady the door.

The Garrapolites will never be happy, they are going to cry about this forever, which is why discussion of him needs to be moved to the NFL Forum. This crap is never going to stop and the trolls are going to feast on it.
Yea they are in the never satisfied bunch....

Apparently being younger is the only criteria you need to replace Brady.

Yea they are in the never satisfied bunch....

Yep

The trade is well past, the regular season over, the Patriots are ready for another Super Bowl run, and all they can do is cry about a back up who was traded.

Take it somewhere else.

Just looking, dispassionately, no "eye tests", at Brady's career stats and I'm trying to understand the argument that, for the 2017 season as a whole, Tom Brady is clearly sliding.

I'm not being some raving fanboy. I am being analytical. Show me facts that point in another direction, if they exist, Rhody & CutiePie

Tom Brady Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Tom Brady has played 16 seasons as a starter

This was his 4th best season in passing yards
This was his 6th best season in yards per game
This was his 5th best season in passer rating
This was tied for his 4th best season in interception percentage
This was his 6th best season in passing touchdowns
This was tied for his 3rd best season in yards per attempt
This was tied for his 8th best season in TD percentage

I can't find any category, other than number of times sacked, where he was below his career average.

2017 was not his best year, clearly. It was, however, closer to the top than to the bottom, in the career of the greatest of all time. It wasn't as good as 2016, was equal to 2015, and better than the three years immediately before that, including 2014, a championship year

And yes, 2017 was an MVP year

I am willing to look at any facts indicating something different. I am not looking for eye test analyses of Chicken Littles, though

Once again nothing but crickets when the Garrapolites are challenged to back up their assertions of “Brady’s decline.”

The QB's in the coming draft will be even younger... and several stand to be playing even further into the future and quite possibly at an even higher level than JG. Should the Patriots go that route.

All the chest pounding in the world comparing JG to Rodgers/Young/etc doesn't make it a fact that he will turn out to be anything close to them. Clearly the team agrees with me otherwise they would have kept JG and shown Brady the door.

Who’s chestpounding?

I think it’s hilarious how defensive the dingleberries get

If Jimmy Garrapolo can make it through a full season?
Sure. But of course, judging by some of the posters here, he never should have made it through the five games he did with SF.

Who’s chestpounding?

I think it’s hilarious how defensive the dingleberries get

Not really sure what dingleberry is supposed to mean or why you're calling me one.

JG has been equated to Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers ad infinitum ad nauseum by many of the same posters. That's chest pounding. Doesn't make it true... and it isn't.

JG is 26 not 21. Not likely any team is getting 10+ years out of him. Not everyone is Tom Brady.

And there are top QBs in this coming draft who have a very good chance to be better than JG. The Pats can move up and get one of them if they choose.
I don't think it's even remotely rare for good QBs to play through age 36. 40 is rare, 36 not so much.

Apparently being younger is the only criteria you need to replace Brady.

They'll find someone younger. More probably than not better than JG.

When you pick a 40 year old over a 26 year old... it's pretty obvious how you feel about the 26 year old.

I don't think it's even remotely rare for good QBs to play through age 36. 40 is rare, 36 not so much.

Maybe not scarce but I wouldn't exactly say its common. There might be 3 or so in the league at any given time and that's it. The odds say that the 49ers won't see 10+ years from JG.

Ben is 35 and has talked about retirement. Rivers is 35 and not far off from the end either. Palmer just retired at 37. McCown is 37 but nobody is calling him good and he is a journeyman. Brees is very good at 38 but these guys are the exception.

Maybe not scarce but I wouldn't exactly say its common. There might be 3 or so in the league at any given time and that's it. The odds say that the 49ers won't see 10+ years from JG.

Ben is 35 and has talked about retirement. Rivers is 35 and not far off from the end either. Palmer just retired at 37. McCown is 37 but nobody is calling him good and he is a journeyman. Brees is very good at 38 but these guys are the exception.
Yet 4 of the 5 you've listed will play at least another year at 36 or older, the fifth would have been 38 had he continued to play. This doesn't convince me that there are a number of decent QBs who play till 36. I'm not saying anything about post 36, but if the guy can play and hasn't dealt with a catastrophic injury, I think it's more likely than not he'll play at 36. And playing till 36 gives them 10 years.

Hopefully not, the moderators are pretty good at getting rid of trolls, and you are a troll.
you seem like an angry guy......need to relax

remind me of bruins29 and pats16N0

your guy brady is the GOAT......the best ever.......he won.....you won

he has lived a charmed life.....and will continue to live a charmed life til the day he dies

have a beer and try to feel good about something.....brady will probably get another ring this year

you seem like an angry guy......need to relax

remind me of bruins29 and pats16N0

your guy brady is the GOAT......the best ever.......he won.....you won

he has lived a charmed life.....and will continue to live a charmed life til the day he dies

have a beer and try to feel good about something.....brady will probably get another ring this year

Adios troll

Hey Cutie Pie...you should change your handle to Poo Poo Poonian

Not really sure what dingleberry is supposed to mean or why you're calling me one.

JG has been equated to Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers ad infinitum ad nauseum by many of the same posters. That's chest pounding. Doesn't make it true... and it isn't.

Not by me.....I was reasonable about Garoppolo being dealt .... I get it

But the Brady underwear brigade bristles at any notion that when all is said and done about the possibility that the pats will have gotten rid of the wrong guy

It’s hilarious that many of the same people who had penciled Garoppolo in as the next O’Connell or mallett are now just saying that another qb will be an easy find in the draft

While I get the decision of moving Garoppolo, I think there’s a pretty good chance that we will lament that decision

I still believe in the idea that moving on a year too soon is better than moving on a year too late

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back