PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Central Thread For Mourning/Canonizing Jimmy Garoppolo

the brady vs garoppolo comparison is gonna be one of the most compelling storylines over the next 2 years

as it should be.......sports would be boring without drama like this

i think this thread, or others like it, will live on

for most of bradys career, his main rival was peyton manning......he won that battle

until he retires, his new rival will be jimmy g......nothing wrong with that......healthy competition brings out the best in people......been a "patriot way" principle for years

No he won’t.

Last edited:
Other than “ cutie pie,” who is clearly a troll, the people shrieking about Brady’s decline are all the same people who did the same in early 2014, and to this point they have never been able to demonstrate it, despite being challenged to back up their claims repeatedly. Brady has been the best player in football since then and they have absolutely no explanation for how he got better when they claimed he was done. Now he’s about to win another MVP, after leading them to another #1 seed and they are telling everyone to forget everything they have seen and just trust that they know best, despite always being wrong.

Seriously, follow Garrapolo to SF, because you aren’t fans of this team. Jimmy G is gone, they should go to.

If Jimmy Garrapolo can make it through a full season?

Brady has played through all kinds of injuries without excuses and I believe he is playing through one now. His toughness is so underrated.

Could Jimmy? Well judging by the fact that one hit put him out of commission in 2016 and by all reports he backed out of the Bills game at almost the last minute and forced the team to play a hobbled Brissett... I’m not optimistic.

They should have made the switch after this season. Take 10+ years of the young guy over maybe 2 of the old fart.

JG is 26 not 21. Not likely any team is getting 10+ years out of him. Not everyone is Tom Brady.

And there are top QBs in this coming draft who have a very good chance to be better than JG. The Pats can move up and get one of them if they choose.

Brady has played through all kinds of injuries without excuses and I believe he is playing through one now. His toughness is so underrated.

Tom is a tough SOB no question. Its to the point of being legendary.

Could Jimmy? Well judging by the fact that one hit put him out of commission in 2016 and by all reports he backed out of the Bills game at almost the last minute and forced the team to play a hobbled Brissett... I’m not optimistic.

He experienced an AC joint sprain to his throwing shoulder. We don't know the severity and I'm not ready to say Jimmy was behaving like the second coming of JD Drew. If he had zero zip throwing the ball he shouldn't have been out there and Brisket was the better choice.

There are a lot of unknowns with Jimmy right now. Toughness, competitiveness, durability, will to win, leadership, etc. The only way to measure his success is to see him play for a couple of years and observe.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Tom is a tough SOB no question. Its to the point of being legendary.

He experienced an AC joint sprain to his throwing shoulder. We don't know the severity and I'm not ready to say Jimmy was behaving like the second coming of JD Drew. If he had zero zip throwing the ball he shouldn't have been out there and Brisket was the better choice.

There are a lot of unknowns with Jimmy right now. Toughness, competitiveness, durability, will to win, leadership, etc. The only way to measure his success is to see him play for a couple of years and observe.

From what I heard on WEEI the team believed he could go vs Buffalo and then he backed out. Who knows. But stuff like that probably played into Bill and the team’s decision to keep the 40 year old and show the 26 year old the door. To me that’s all I need to know. He does seem to be a little more durable in SF....we’ll see.

From what I heard on WEEI the team believed he could go vs Buffalo and then he backed out. Who knows. But stuff like that probably played into Bill and the team’s decision to keep the 40 year old and show the 26 year old the door. He does seem to be a little more durable in SF....we’ll see.

I know there were rumors of Jimmy bagging it. There were also rumors of him begging to play and Bill shutting him down.

Because it was a shoulder injury I can understand both sides being overly cautious.

I think the jury is out on Garrapolo’s toughness and ability to play through injury or make it through a full season. Brady however has demonstrated it in spades throughout his 17 year career.

Garrapolo is a 49er, discussion about him will go to the NFL Forum just as it does other non Patriots discussions.
this is gonna be one of the most interesting storylines the next 2 years

look at how well this thread has done.......look how many pages it has.......look how many times you are posting in this thread

banishing jimmy g talk from the main board would be a big mistake for the site

the competition with peyton brought out the best in TB12......i think jimmy g will have the same effect

TB12 is a competitive SOB.....we know that.....he wants to outplay his "would-be" successor.....makes for great theatre......shakespearean!!!

look at how well this thread has done.......look how many pages it has.......look how many times you are posting in this thread

the competition with peyton brought out the best in TB12......i think jimmy g will have the same effect

TB12 is a competitive SOB.....we know that.....he wants to outplay his "would-be" successor.....makes for great theatre......shakespearean!!!

The Garrapolo discussion only attracts trolls like you to come in here and try to goad people. The deal is done, the season is over, and Garrapolo talk should be done in the NFL Forum, where people discuss other team’s and their players.

Brady and Manning played each other twice a season for years and years, Garrapolo will only play the Patriots every four years, there is no comparison. Enjoy the NFL Forum.

we will see how Brady does once he has his full compliment of weapons he trusts back in the divisional round. its easy to yell "decline!" when brady is playing the last couple of games with basically 1 wide receiver he trust in cooks, a situational guy in amendola who is much better suited as a #3 guy and one running back in lewis. and gronk being purposely limited for health. hes throwing to someone brought off the street in Britt...and Dorsett who clearly doesnt fully know the offense.

early in the season when brady had his full compliment of weapons he was putting up 300yard games regularly.

Does anyone not remember 2013 when brady only threw 25TD's because he had to throw to austin collie and dobson?

Brady’s only rival is history. No other QB has won 5 rings. Very few other athletes in professional sports have been elite at his age. He is in a race against Father Time to write records that may not be broken for a generation if ever. His longetivity may transcend and change what we know about sports today. That is what motivates him, not a guy who is no longer on the team and imo for good reason.

The Manning-Brady analogy is not applicable in any way. Brady vs Manning was as good a rivalry as there will ever be in sports, it was must see TV, the QBs played each other’s teams a lot, and passionate arguments can and have been made on both sides.

There will never be a Brady vs JG rivalry. Ever.

Last edited:
If NE wins 1-2 more SBs , win 11+ games a year and Tom is a Top 10 QB for another 3 years and/or Brady 2.0 is drafted and performing ,the Garrapolites dont have a leg to stand on.

Unless he wins a few SBs in SF.....it will simply be seen as the easy/lazy decision

Unless he wins a few SBs in SF.....it will simply be seen as the easy/lazy decision
If Tom wins SBs and Jimmy wins SBs?

I'm not sure there is an argument as both NEP fans the the Garappolites will be happy

Brady and Manning played each other twice a season for years and years, Garrapolo will only play the Patriots every four years, there is no comparison. Enjoy the NFL Forum.
i will continue to enjoy the main board as well

we will probably cross paths again

always enjoy debating with you.....you are an engaging poster......and a true TB12 fan

If Tom wins SBs and Jimmy wins SBs?

I'm not sure there is an argument as both NEP fans the the Garappolites will be happy

Simple.....Garoppolo is 14 years younger and stands to be playing at a high level much further into the future

But I would not expect anyone from Brady’s underwear brigade to understand

Simple.....Garoppolo is 14 years younger and stands to be playing at a high level much further into the future

Yea anyway you slice it it'll be tit-for-tat.

Your a Jets fan, why would you?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back