PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G over 380 yards today (week 15)

I'm the biggest Brady supporter of all time, but by not agreeing to a graceful exit after 17 seasons, he now has a debt to continue playing at this level for another 3-4 years. If it's anything less, he screwed us, plain and simple.

FYI I may also nominate this for post of the year. And not "post of the year" in a good way.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
If Brady beats up on the Bills and Jets he's basically a lock for MVP and 1st Team All-Pro, but yeah, he should have quietly slunk away like some Tim Hasselbeck scrub.

LOL

Tommy is ruining our chance at sustained greatness FOREVER!!!!!!
crying-baby.jpg

I'm the biggest Brady supporter of all time, but by not agreeing to a graceful exit after 17 seasons, he now has a debt to continue playing at this level for another 3-4 years. If it's anything less, he screwed us, plain and simple.

FYI I may also nominate this for post of the year. And not "post of the year" in a good way.

Just talking reality. I love watching TB play, always felt he was the best player on the field, and best competitor of all time. Nobody here loves him more than I do. But if decides to hang it up after say next season, then what did he do but screw the team and fans? He's incurred an obligation now to stay and play well for years.

You don't think he and BB had this talk? You don't think they knew how great JG's going to be?

If TB can keep going at this level for even just 3 more years, I'll be happy with the deal. But if he loses his desire and/or tails off prior to that, then he didn't do the right thing.

This was never about the Patriots not wanting to keep JG, or franchising him or whatever. It was always about Brady deciding to either step aside or not. The Pats aren't going to cut or trade him, will never happen.

Just talking reality. I love watching TB play, always felt he was the best player on the field, and best competitor of all time. Nobody here loves him more than I do. But if decides to hang it up after say next season, then what did he do but screw the team and fans? He's incurred an obligation now to stay and play well for years.

You don't think he and BB had this talk? You don't think they knew how great JG's going to be?

If TB can keep going at this level for even just 3 more years, I'll be happy with the deal. But if he loses his desire and/or tails off prior to that, then he didn't do the right thing.

This was never about the Patriots not wanting to keep JG, or franchising him or whatever. It was always about Brady deciding to either step aside or not. The Pats aren't going to cut or trade him, will never happen.
Ok. There is quite a bit of fail in this post but I will try to answer. First, you are not really talking "reality." Maybe you meant "your reality" but the not the "reality" we are are in.

Second, I cant see anything that TB could do ever to "Screw the fans" he did so much for. Only a sith deals in absolutes.

Third, he will sign an extension and play. That is his obligation. That what being a pro athlete is. I bet the pass line with Brady every time. You want to bet the "Dont Pass" on TB. Go right ahead.

Fourth, all things point to him playing well for years.

Fifth, regardless of what "talk" you are referring, you dont think BB/RK/TB sat down at some point and had a "talk" about TB's passion and desire to play many more years???

Sixth, if TB tails off how is it not the "right thing"? You mean like stop working out and eating right etc and just become a blob who dosent care???

Seventh, TB dosent own the team

When discussing lesser B.B. drafted QBs one should remember it’s not just how good they are. It’s also how good they are in the system. Cassel w the Pats = 11 wins. Whine that he had elite receivers. If it were today you’d be whining that he had Gronk and Cooks. Meanwhile on another thread people are whining that we didn’t get our money’s worth on Cooks.

You’re nuts if you think B.B. can’t draft QBs. I mean, that’s just silly. He drafted almost 10% of current NFL* starters. He drafted the guy who people are saying we were dumb to let go, then the same people say we’re even dumber to let him go because B.B. can’t draft QBs.

Everybody wants certainty. JG is the next TFB... well, maybe, except I doubt there’s any such thing.

It’s very reasonable to expect JG has a long and productive career. It’s very reasonable to expect TFB to retire some time soon.

Now, do we pencil in JG for hall of fame/SB MVP... in even ONE SB? Could happen. Not likely. If he does what’s not likely, he’s really good.

If he gets 5 SB rings, he’s the GOAT.

What’s the more likely way to win it all the most times? I think B.B. made that call. I sort of trust him with those calls.

But none of us know whether it was the right call.

Nostradumbass.

somebody has been triggered.....again

can we just enjoy the greatest dynasty ever without such thin skinned bickering?

we can admire jimmy g from afar.....i think he's even more attractive from a distance

I can just see the conversation in my mind:

TB - "Mr Kraft and Coach I would like to speak to you about my future"
RK/BB - "Sure Tom"
TB - "I think I may not be that great in a few years and JG looks pretty good so lets get some pics for me while I still have value"
RK/BB - "Thanks for letting us know Tom. We will get on the phone and see what we can get for you"

Yeah, that's it. I think I read about that in the book - "Things the top 5 all time greatest team athletes say"

:rolleyes:

somebody has been triggered.....again

can we just enjoy the greatest dynasty ever without such thin skinned bickering?

we can admire jimmy g from afar.....i think he's even more attractive from a distance

You are a bore. And Gay

Brady can do whatever he wants and for you to say "he screwed us" after winning potentially SIX Super Bowls and over 17 years of tremendous success is utterly ridiculous. He doesn't owe us anything. He didn't owe us when he had 'just' three Super Bowls let alone five.

It would have been nice to keep JG but the pats couldnt because of the cap ramifications. Thats it. Its over. There were some other minor reasons too.

Everyone should try to turn the page, move on, get over it. He is not here and not a member of our team.

For my part, I’m not over it, but only in the sense that I’d like to see him succeed. If he excels, that’s fine, in fact, it’s great. If he fails, well, too bad. Neither is the final word on the choice to keep the GOAT. But I hope voices that say otherwise get plenty of air time.

That’s old boy’s fuel.

Brady can do whatever he wants and for you to say "he screwed us" after winning potentially SIX Super Bowls and over 17 years of tremendous success is utterly ridiculous. He doesn't owe us anything. He didn't owe us when he had 'just' three Super Bowls let alone five.
He far exceeded our wildest dreams looking backward. But looking forward, he effectively sent a 25 yo franchise QB packing last month. So now he's on the hook for several more seasons of top play - at least 3 in my opinion for it to be justified.

Wouldn't you agree with that? You wouldn't be upset if he quits after next season? That's what I mean by saying he's now obligated.

Last edited:
He far exceeded our wildest dreams looking backward. But looking forward, he effectively sent a 25 yo franchise QB packing last month. So now he's on the hook for several more seasons of top play - at least 3 in my opinion for it to be justified.

Wouldn't you agree with that? You wouldn't be upset if he quits or after next season? That's what I mean by saying he's now obligated.
Your posts are cringe worthy bad.

For example, you post - - he effectively sent a 25 yo franchise QB packing last month.

What about Brady not being the owner, gm or coach of the team diddnt you understand?

Your posts are cringe worthy bad.

For example, you post - - he effectively sent a 25 yo franchise QB packing last month.

What about Brady not being the owner, gm or coach of the team diddnt you understand?
Like I said earlier, JG's future with NE was almost entirely determined by TB. He would have had to retire after this season, that was the catch. He decided not to.

If Belichick honestly believed that JG is the next Steve Young - don't think for a second that they wouldn't have found a way to keep both guys somehow. It seems clear to me he had a different opinion and that's why they chose the 40 year old Brady with only a few years left vs the 26 year old with lots of upside.

There was no way to do it without literally blowing up the rest of the team. The moment you franchise Jimmy you have to clear up a ****ton of cap space, have to give Brady a salary increase because why would he play for 50% of what his backup is earning and this not only once but for every year that this theatre would happen.

There was no way to do it without literally blowing up the rest of the team. The moment you franchise Jimmy you have to clear up a ****ton of cap space, have to give Brady a salary increase because why would he play for 50% of what his backup is earning and this not only once but for every year that this theatre would happen.
The real issue beyond money is that JG is a starter, an exceptional one at that, which everyone on the Pats knew, and the only solution for him was to start somewhere at least by the opening day next season.

Wouldn't you agree with that? You wouldn't be upset if he quits after next season? That's what I mean by saying he's now obligated.

Tell you what, if we're to believe your screen name, you're also 40.

It wouldn't bother me if you stopped posting, hell, NOW, never mind next season.

What can I say... some guys can push themselves past that "cliff," but not everybody.

I really hope jimmy beats the jags this weekend. That would help us tremendously!

Just think three wins behind a decimated o line and throwing to the worst group of receivers that side of the jets!

How did Brady trade his backup?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back