PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Central Thread For Mourning/Canonizing Jimmy Garoppolo

put up brady's most recent 5 games in NE

lol

Brady’s performance couldn’t be more irrelevant to the discussion about JG.

if he ends up being a top 5, elite QB for the next decade

then we deserve to hear about it for the next 10 years

just one cutie's opinion
Hopefully a future forum conversation in 10-years:

"Remember when we traded Jimmy and kept Brady? Dumb move."

"Remember when we kept Brady and won three more Super Bowls? Yeah, I'm O.K. with it."

If they did that...we would most likely be talking about the draft right now.
It's not like Jimmy Perfect G has won every game he has ever started including 5 straight in SF...the team that managed one win before perfection was dropped in their lap. Yeah...the Pats would have definitely missed the playoffs

Hopefully not a future forum conversation in 10-years:

"Remember when we traded Jimmy and kept Brady? Dumb move."

"Remember when we kept Brady and won three more Super Bowls? Yeah, I'm O.K. with it."

"But Jimmy already has 8 and he's only 36 and is still going strong...?"

(crickets...)

What? Is? This? Crap?

not saying its true.....we dont know the facts.....and the key players aint talkin

but there is a logic to it

please dont hate.....just spittin truth
You were right the first time. And then you started spitting not truth but Grade A #1 salmonella laced Taco Bell GI runs.

You're doing nothing but trolling speculation as truth. And not doing a very good job of it. At least show us the respect of not claiming you don't know what's truth literally a couple of half sentences (none of them complete) before proclaiming it truth. Sheesh.

It's not like Jimmy Perfect G has won every game he has ever started including 5 straight in SF...the team that managed one win before perfection was dropped in their lap. Yeah...the Pats would have definitely missed the playoffs

That’s nice...except it has absolutely zip to do with the Patriots.

Not likely a playoff team if he was here and not Brady.

That’s nice...except it has absolutely zip to do with the Patriots.

Not likely a playoff team if he was here and not Brady.
I'd say not necessarily a championship team if he was here and not Brady - they still may have gone to the postseason. The biggest question is how he'll handle a game of that magnitude if he were to get that far...that's the one thing that we know with Brady and don't necessarily know with Garoppolo. Does Jimmy G. bring them back from being down 28-3 in the Super Bowl? I don't know about that - but I know one guy who has :cool:

This reminds me of the Bledsoe/Brady argument - but only because, like that whole mess, so many couldn't appreciate what one did while being thankful to have the other. It's an all or nothing situation ;)

Brady’s performance couldn’t be more irrelevant to the discussion about JG.
It's absolutely relevant, if the argument is that TB12 has shown signs of rapid decline and thus JG would be an upgrade within the time frame of 1-3 years. That argument has been made, without facts to support it.

I'd say not necessarily a championship team if he was here and not Brady - they still may have gone to the postseason. The biggest question is how he'll handle a game of that magnitude if he were to get that far...that's the one thing that we know with Brady and don't necessarily know with Garoppolo. Does Jimmy G. bring them back from being down 28-3 in the Super Bowl? I don't know about that :cool:

This reminds me of the Bledsoe/Brady argument - but only because, like that whole mess, so many couldn't appreciate what one did while being thankful to have the other. It's an all or nothing situation ;)

Among other reasons I just can’t see Jimmy as he was before the trade overcoming the personnel losses- remembering that Edelman and Hogan were responsible for big chunks of his yardage in those 6 quarters he played in 2016. And the issues on the OL at the start of the year. I think the Pats are enough games worse with JG and not Brady to put us right on the bubble at best and probably out.

For sure there are parallels to Brady/Bledsoe. At the time I couldn’t get my head around what this team would be without Drew. :) I guess the same will be true when Brady’s time comes, although it will be easier to digest cause we’re talking about a 40+ year old QB.

It's absolutely relevant, if the argument is that TB12 has shown signs of rapid decline and thus JG would be an upgrade within the time frame of 1-3 years. That argument has been made, without facts to support it.

Right. We could also say the same about who the Pats are picking in the coming draft, it doesn’t have to be JG. JG’s actual performance in SF isn’t relevant to this team at all.

If NE wins 1-2 more SBs , win 11+ games a year and Tom is a Top 10 QB for another 3 years and/or Brady 2.0 is drafted and performing ,the Garrapolites dont have a leg to stand on.
That's a boat load of iffen there.

Season’s over and Garrapolo is a 49er, from here on out I would think the moderators will move Garrapolo threads to the NFL forum. Have fun discussing him there.
the brady vs garoppolo comparison is gonna be one of the most compelling storylines over the next 2 years

as it should be.......sports would be boring without drama like this

i think this thread, or others like it, will live on

for most of bradys career, his main rival was peyton manning......he won that battle

until he retires, his new rival will be jimmy g......nothing wrong with that......healthy competition brings out the best in people......been a "patriot way" principle for years

the brady vs garoppolo comparison is gonna be one of the most compelling storylines over the next 2 years

as it should be.......sports would be boring without drama like this

i think this thread, or others like it, will live on

for most of bradys career, his main rival was peyton manning......he won that battle

until he retires, his new rival will be jimmy g......nothing wrong with that......healthy competition brings out the best in people......been a "patriot way" principle for years

Garrapolo is a 49er, discussion about him will go to the NFL Forum just as it does other non Patriots discussions.

The troll is back

Stop plagiarizing other trolls' thoughts. It's not a good look.

They should have made the switch after this season. Take 10+ years of the young guy over maybe 2 of the old fart.
That sounds great looking back in hindsight, but as you know, the situation was much more complex than that and JG had only played 6 quarters.

I would’ve liked to have seen another year of JG through the end of ‘18, but that wasn’t realistic. He wasn’t going to agree to any kind of deal to sit and wait and we couldn’t afford to franchise him. Plus, it wouldn’t have been right to make him higher paid than Tom Brady.

There are a lot of “what ifs” going on right now due to a combination of JG going 5-0 and Brady putting up some sub-par numbers over the same span, but we’ve got to remember that Tom was 4-1 during this stretch, and wait at least another 1/2 season or so to reassess both players. The conversation should be placed on hold until at least next winter, in my opinion. You may have a different feeling then.

if he ends up being a top 5, elite QB for the next decade

then we deserve to hear about it for the next 10 years

just one cutie's opinion

Why? Who cares if JG is top 5 elite for next decade when Brady will be #1 for next decade. And Brady will be cheaper.

That's a boat load of iffen there.
So is the notion of Jimmy being the next great QB after a handful of career starts.

Quite frankly, based on the current situation my iffen is more realistic

Just looking, dispassionately, no "eye tests", at Brady's career stats and I'm trying to understand the argument that, for the 2017 season as a whole, Tom Brady is clearly sliding.

I'm not being some raving fanboy. I am being analytical. Show me facts that point in another direction, if they exist, Rhody & CutiePie

Tom Brady Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Tom Brady has played 16 seasons as a starter

This was his 4th best season in passing yards
This was his 6th best season in yards per game
This was his 5th best season in passer rating
This was tied for his 4th best season in interception percentage
This was his 6th best season in passing touchdowns
This was tied for his 3rd best season in yards per attempt
This was tied for his 8th best season in TD percentage

I can't find any category, other than number of times sacked, where he was below his career average.

2017 was not his best year, clearly. It was, however, closer to the top than to the bottom, in the career of the greatest of all time. It wasn't as good as 2016, was equal to 2015, and better than the three years immediately before that, including 2014, a championship year

And yes, 2017 was an MVP year

I am willing to look at any facts indicating something different. I am not looking for eye test analyses of Chicken Littles, though

This is the point.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back