PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Brissett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Consistently contributes on the field? He has not had a catch in 7 of 11 games this season.

A real backup like Brian Hoyer... wow you sound so dumb it's laughable.

Yes because we could have never found a player to run a route and not have the ball throw to him, Dorsett was the only one that could do it.

Dude, this is a horrible post. I'm pretty sure or hope you know better than this.

I don't look at it that way. If Lee turns out to have some value, how much did we spend to stock a weak position? Not much. Does anyone argue we didn't need to take a shot at getting some pass rushers? I think it's more likely that low pick clicks than the one we would have drafted, plus he's not a rookie and he's available this season. Low risk, high reward.

Lee was acquired at a different point of the season with the identity of the team well established whereas Marsh came in during the extended camp period. Now you can more narrowly break down what to look for in terms of player abilities vs. player weaknesses.

I think that this is a big difference and a reason why our midseason acquisitions often fit better than the ones around the end of camp. That being said the Pats were after Marsh through the entire summer according to reports..

Yeah no question.. I would do the deal every time again because the potential upside was worth the pick.

Just saying that it turned out a loss compared to other transactions that are being criticised.

Actually, Marsh was a fourth round pick and Coleman wasn't drafted, so we won that trade too.

I dunno. He's a product of his era, but there's a lot of good sense in what he says if you know how to filter it. I can't say that his observations of women don't match my observations. There's no reason to ignore old wisdom just because it's old, and poems like The Female of the Species, The Danegeld, Tommy/Thin Red Line, and The Gods of the Copybook Headings still bear a lot of relevance to the challenges we face today, even if they do flow from the same pen that put forward the outdated notions in The White Man's Burden.

All this post tells me is that you don't have a daughter.. Otherwise she'd be kicking your ass right about now. :D

All this post tells me is that you don't have a daughter.. Otherwise she'd be kicking your ass right about now. :D
Which ironically would prove my broader point

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call