PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wtf happened with Brissett deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The need for WR was greater than the need for a backup QB. Stop doing all the aftermath.
Think it comes down to whether Dorsett can play or not. We'll see. He was thrown into a difficult offense end of preseason.

You have to be kidding right?
Science proves nothing happened to the balls.

The court case wasn’t about whether anything happened or. It was solely about Goodell having the authority to impose the penalty regardless of if anything happened.

You should really educate yourself before you say something that stupid.
I truly hope you educated yourself on the US Court System since Goodell's authority has nothing to do with the ruling of that case. The Patriots were found guilty twice - the second after their appeal. I get being a fan of a team, but courts don't lie.

I truly hope you educated yourself on the US Court System since Goodell's authority has nothing to do with the ruling of that case. The Patriots were found guilty twice - the second after their appeal. I get being a fan of a team, but courts don't lie.
The case was quite literally about Goodell's authority lol. Deflating balls isn't illegal, you can't have a court case on that.

or maybe it was the cold air and the two different gauges. Nahhh, it couldnt be something as logical as that.

Really? Tell that to Casey Anthony, OJ Simpson, Ray Lewis, Oscar Pistorius, Robert Blake,
Does Brady enjoy deleting all his text messages and wiping his phone on a daily basis or just before championship games? Seems like there was something going on.

Does Brady enjoy deleting all his text messages and wiping his phone on a daily basis or just before championship games? Seems like there was something going on.
When you use the gauge Walt Anderson said he used from the start and compare the PSI the .1 PSI the NFL claimed was missing wasn't actually missing. Why would Tom have like a tenth of a PSI removed from the balls lol?

When you use the gauge Walt Anderson said he used from the start and compare the PSI the .1 PSI the NFL claimed was missing wasn't actually missing. Why would Tom have like a tenth of a PSI removed from the balls lol?
I don't know the motivation. I do believe that something happened.

I don't know the motivation. I do believe that something happened.
What happened though? There was no PSI missing. It's like if Ray had confessed to the murders but, nobody was actually murdered (boy these threads are going off the rails today).

It's actually quite shocking how little you know about Deflategate.

You are 100% wrong.
The court did not rule on guilt or innocence.

The court ruled that Goodell had the authority to unilaterally decide guilt, innocence and punishment.
You need to check your facts.

I truly hope you educate yourself on the actual court case and what it was about, because you're making yourself out to be an idiot.

So much wrong with this. Please in the future don’t tell someone to educate themselves on this matter when you have no clue what your talking about.

You need to educate yourself on article 46 and how Goodell was allowed to hand down suspensions per the collective bargaining agreement.between NFL and NFLPA. Here you will find your answer as to why the 2nd circuit overturned Berman’s ruling.

This guy actually believes in Deflategate.

Some of the most corrupt mf's out there are wearing suits & robes my man.

Ok, I am wrong in the idea that the courts ruled that the Patriots were guilty. The court ruled that Goodell had authority. My mistake. My brain forgets things over the years.

Yeah, yeah we all talk about the Garoppolo deal, but how did we lose so poorly on the Brissett deal? Based on reports of the Seahawks offering a 2nd rder for the kid, and the Colts turning it down, makes me think that trading Brissett for Phillip freaking Dorsett is one of the worst trades that we have ever done.
Revisionist history

Of the key players on the current roster, only Brady, Gost, Slater, Hoyer, Chung and Devin Mc are 30 or over. All of those players have team-friendly cap positions. If Devin has a bad year, he will be gone after this year or take a pay cut. If Chung has a bad year, same deal as neither player has bad cap deals. Thats the beauty of this team. You can't really find a bad contract anywhere. Lets be clear though, the only way this team becomes an average ballclub is when Tom goes. While Tom is still Tom, they are still going 10-6 at a minimum.

With all that said, if this team is shredded after 2018, 2019 or 2020, they have the cap flexibility and player acquisition system in place to stay competitive.

However my real problem with your post is you are implying the FO needs to be gutted after this year but then you say you have confidence they will figure it out. Since BB owns the FO, what are you implying?

While you are correct about there not being a bad contract, the idea of having a lot of cap space, or the general idea that freeing up space alone is a good thing, is more complicated and less desirable than having a homegrown answer to where that money is going. They’ve always kept their cap number fairly close and had at most around $25-30M going into an offseason, and they’ve wisely used much of that to extend their own players. The problem is there isn’t much to get excited about for extensions, so there’s a pile of cash and no corresponding value in the FA market at that high level of dollars. This is what happens to almost every team in the league, but they have avoided it by drafting really well and investing in their own, while keeping a little left over to round out - not build - through free agency.

When I say they’ll figure it out, I am referring to the two top guys, Belichick and Kraft. I know that Belichick signs off on every deal and that he is responsible for many decisions, but I imagine that the scouting and the intel departments are under scrutiny.

Gostkowski's position allows him to play many years, so I'll skip him along with Brady since Brady is not human. A lot of key players are approaching the point in their careers where you can expect a fast decline. Again it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if there were a lot good younger options developing and improving right now. A handful of young players are good to decent, but in the past you could easily name ten emerging, promising players in their rookie deals.

Edelman - 32
Slater - 32
McCourty - 31
Hogan - 30 (granted, less mileage)
Chung - 30
Cannon - 30
Gronkowski - 29

Last edited:
While you are correct about there not being a bad contract, the idea of having a lot of cap space, or the general idea that freeing up space alone is a good thing, is more complicated and less desirable than having a homegrown answer to where that money is going. They’ve always kept their cap number fairly close and had at most around $25-30M going into an offseason, and they’ve wisely used much of that to extend their own players. The problem is there isn’t much to get excited about for extensions, so there’s a pile of cash and no corresponding value in the FA market at that high level of dollars. This is what happens to almost every team in the league, but they have avoided it by drafting really well and investing in their own, while keeping a little left over to round out - not build - through free agency.

When I say they’ll figure it out, I am referring to the two top guys, Belichick and Kraft. I know that Belichick signs off on every deal and that he is responsible for many decisions, but I imagine that the scouting and the intel departments are under scrutiny.

Gostkowski's position allows him to play many years, so I'll skip him along with Brady since Brady is not human. A lot of key players are approaching the point in their careers where you can expect a fast decline. Again it wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world if there were a lot good younger options developing and improving right now. A handful of young players are good to decent, but in the past you could easily name ten emerging, promising players in their rookie deals.

Edelman - 32
Slater - 32
McCourty - 31
Hogan - 30 (granted, less mileage)
Chung - 30
Cannon - 30
Gronkowski - 29
Forgot about Jules.

I guess I'd add Gronk, Cannon and Hogs in there too.

No question there will be a dropoff in talent.

Is 2-14 around the corner? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore