PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wtf happened with Brissett deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HailHydra

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah we all talk about the Garoppolo deal, but how did we lose so poorly on the Brissett deal? Based on reports of the Seahawks offering a 2nd rder for the kid, and the Colts turning it down, makes me think that trading Brissett for Phillip freaking Dorsett is one of the worst trades that we have ever done.

Yeah, yeah we all talk about the Garoppolo deal, but how did we lose so poorly on the Brissett deal? Based on reports of the Seahawks offering a 2nd rder for the kid, and the Colts turning it down, makes me think that trading Brissett for Phillip freaking Dorsett is one of the worst trades that we have ever done.

It's not like we traded a franchise QB away, probably wasn't a fit for us anyhow, never understood the Brisett hype.

Ummm...Nope.....Does Garopollo ring a bell? :cool:

Meh Dorsett for Brissett a back up QB for a #4 receiver.

We could call the JG deal "the 'loss' that keeps on winning" : So far Dawson, Sam, the Bears 2019 2nd round pick, and the Lions 2019 3rd round pick.

Dawson will see at least some time a slot CB this year with the ability to expand. Sam's on the bubble as a STer and it figures at worst they'd try to get him on the PS. The Chi and Detriot picks should be ~middle rounders.

My problem with that trade is if Brady goes down......syonara to any playoff wins......I understand the $$$ issues so Pats were caught between a rock and a hard place with TB wanting to play another 4 years or more :D

Do you really believe that report?

My problem with that trade is if Brady goes down......syonara to any playoff wins......I understand the $$$ issues so Pats were caught between a rock and a hard place with TB wanting to play another 4 years or more :D

Unfortunately there was no way they could keep both, and there was no way they were trading Brady despite what the goons in the media write.

It's not like we traded a franchise QB away, probably wasn't a fit for us anyhow, never understood the Brisett hype.
I doubt that he's a franchise QB. But is he better than Hoyer? Yes. Would we have trade bait on our team, so that WE could be the one's denying 2nd round picks for players that wouldn't start? 100% yes.

Unfortunately there was no way they could keep both, and there was no way they were trading Brady despite what the goons in the media write.
Uh we coulda easily kept Brissett as our backup

Meh Dorsett for Brissett a back up QB for a #4 receiver.

We could call the JG deal "the 'loss' that keeps on winning" : So far Dawson, Sam, the Bears 2019 2nd round pick, and the Lions 2019 3rd round pick.

Dawson will see at least some time a slot CB this year with the ability to expand. Sam's on the bubble as a STer and it figures at worst they'd try to get him on the PS. The Chi and Detriot picks should be ~middle rounders.
That's a crooked way to look at it. Brissett has serious value right now - whether it be a 2nd round pick or even a 3rd round pick. The Colts got a serious advantage from that trade and we might have gotten a player who isn't even a roster lock. Do we want other teams to get free picks when we could've gotten them ourselves?

I think we messed up giving up on this kid so soon, hope Dorsett makes it worth it but I’m not sure he even makes the roster. Brissett did well last year considering. Not sure he ever becomes a real good starter, but I think he’ll be in this league a decade from now still.

If the report is true, and I’m skeptical, then the colts are even dumber than I thought for turning it down.

I haven't known yet if trade of Brissett for Dorset was a "silly" move . This season will show what is a real Dorset's value for the team. However I am sure if Seahawks really offered 2nd round pick for Brissett that would have been far too much for that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back