PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wtf happened with Brissett deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mistake was your laziness and/or outright ignorance. A lot of people here dealt with systemic ignorance and laziness in the media and elsewhere every day back then. I have too much respect for them to have you say "mistake" and "let's move on." Apologize.

"Der...the courts, that never lie, said Brady was guilty".... 'educate yourselves you gullable fanboys '

"Der her...Ok I get that I was wrong about the courts.....my mistake, although I still think Brady did something, let's move on...."

' duh..er.... Ok I now understand I didn't completely understand the text message situation..... but I still think Brady did something....let's move on '

' Ok I now understand that this entire thread was based on my factless asumptions. My mistake. Let's move on. '

Phew boy

That was my 2nd time apologizing and I will say a 3rd time: It is my mistake for not remembering the report. There's no need to act like a fan forum has anything to do with someone's ignorance and act like a child about it. This is a place where you can say "mistake" and "let's move on". I get that you love the Patriots - I do too - but no need to act like everything said here is as formal as the media.
Yeah, no one taught you how to apologize either. A mistake is wearing one black and one blue sock. Or misspelling conscience (when you don't have spell check). GFY.

My assumption was that the courts had proven Brady guilty.
Which is odd because if anything they proved he was innocent and that there was no tampering and no advantage from softer footballs etc.

Dont be like all the idiots out there and just assume things. That is how this whole thing got started. Idiots posting untrue things.

Why do you keep saying this as if it weren't known heading into the deal?

Because it’s unimaginable they would have traded Brissett for almost nothing (which is what Philips Dorsett was, a draft bust who probably getting cut) had they known he was going to be the starting quarterback and that another team thought he was that good. That was really the best return they could get for the most important position on the field, a guy who had four years remaining on his rookie contract? Look at the ridiculous “by the balls” trade the Eagles made with the Vikings when they called about Bradford because they needed a starter. Bradford sucks but still was worth a first and mid. There were reports last year that multiple teams wanted AJ McCarron and offered second/third rounders but were rebuffed. And now the Seahawks have offered a second round pick for Brissett and that wasn’t enough. He would backup Wilson in Seattle, so even as a #2 quarterback the Seahawks would be willing to give up a high pick.

Do you recall last offseason that the Patriots wouldn’t trade Garoppolo for virtually any price because the QB position is that important, and having Garoppolo, even as a backup, was incredibly valuable and therefore it would take “a King’s Ransom” to acquire him, according to Adam Schefter? Well, they just traded away TWO quarterbacks who are viewed as starting NFL quarterbacks and got pennies on the dollar in return. Both trades were laughably lopsided.

This is a funny post, and I get what you’re saying about us overvaluing our own players, it in this case I really feel the team vastly undervalued their own players. Can you imagine the Colts front office realizing they just got their starting quarterback for 2017 for a guy who they might have cut anyway? Or the 49ers giving up a measly second round pick for a player who two months later they’d make the highest paid player in league history at the time? Patriots got hoodwinked and misread the market. As I pointed out earlier, the Colts will now only trade Brissett for a first round pick (or more, as they turned down an offer for a second.) Garoppolo? Let’s just put three first round picks as the marker, although they still wouldn’t trade him. So both players are worth 4 first round picks combined but the Patriots got a single second round pick and Dorsett. That’s not good.

The part about Brissett would make some sense if the Colts had been anything other than a hideous team preparing for another tank year. 'Got their starting QB' generally means got the QB a team is going to build around and prepare to win with, not get a bad to (at best) mediocre QB preparing to 'lead' them to 4-12. Those guys are a dime a dozen.

Yeah, no one taught you how to apologize either. A mistake is wearing one black and one blue sock. Or misspelling conscience (when you don't have spell check). GFY.
mis·take
məˈstāk/
noun
  1. 1.
    an action or judgment that is misguided or wrong.
    "coming here was a mistake"
    synonyms: error, fault, inaccuracy, omission, slip, blunder, miscalculation, misunderstanding, oversight, misinterpretation, gaffe, faux pas, solecism; More

verb
  1. 1.
    be wrong about.
    "because I was inexperienced, I mistook the nature of our relationship"
    synonyms: misunderstand, misinterpret, get wrong, misconstrue, misread More

I doubt Roger even believes Deflategate was real. They thought they nailed the Patriots, turned out whoever tipped them off believed a dumb rumor and they had to jump through hoops to find a minuscule amount of PSI missing to justify it. They would have gotten away with their bafoonery too if Mike Florio hadn’t gone after them every day for months.

I doubt Roger even believes Deflategate was real. They thought they nailed the Patriots, turned out whoever tipped them off believed a dumb rumor and they had to jump through hoops to find a minuscule amount of PSI missing to justify it. They would have gotten away with their bafoonery too if Mike Florio hadn’t gone after them every day for months.
They would've gotten away with it if we hadn't won the Super Bowl during 2016.

mis·take
məˈstāk/
noun
  1. 1.
    an action or judgment that is misguided or wrong.
    "coming here was a mistake"
    synonyms: error, fault, inaccuracy, omission, slip, blunder, miscalculation, misunderstanding, oversight, misinterpretation, gaffe, faux pas, solecism; More
verb
  1. 1.
    be wrong about.
    "because I was inexperienced, I mistook the nature of our relationship"
    synonyms: misunderstand, misinterpret, get wrong, misconstrue, misread More

Pssst Got a secret for you. An apology is considered an "apology" when the person who wants to apologize actually says or writes " I am sorry" or "I apologize" You have done neither and just continue to say "I was wrong." That is not an apology, that is an admission.

I don’t know why Indy would be shopping JaGoatby, if they really get a second that’s something, but to have a backyard style QB that can do a halfway decent job with no o line would seem to be nice to have if you need him to fill in for a pinch.

Remember, your QB can miss a game or two, yeah if Luck is lost for a season Biscuit isn’t winning them the Lombardi but if the guy can win you a game or two it could save your season. Packers lost their last season with a really bad backup losing games (combined with horrible play calling).

Judge Berman releasing the transcripts was a nice turning point.

Taylor led a team to the playoffs, but it was dumb for Cleveland to give up a pick for a placeholder that will play half a season at best. However 1 or 2 wins in that season means a lot to the Browns.
Whetyher or not you agree with a given trade, the trades that are made are what sets the market. The next time someone needs an average quarterback, Tyrod Taylor's price will be a reference point for negotiations.

Also let's be honest, not only did Taylor get very lucky to make the playoffs, but he had an excellent running game to work with, and a defense that had a lot of strong points.

Put Taylor on those Colts, and Brissett on those Bills, and I wonder how the records would look. They're both game manager types, the difference is Tyrod Taylor had a fairly talented roster and a coach who at least knows how to get out of his own way most of the time, and Brissett had scorched earth in the aftermath of the Ryan Grigson era, and the worst coach in the NFL at the time.

I do not feel these things should be compared as directly in the way you're trying to do.

FYI - Volin's report mentions a second-round pick. It does not mention from what year. It could be a 2020 second-round pick. It could be a 2020 fourth-round pick that gets upgraded to a 2nd round pick if certain conditions are met.

Brissett looked good in their Monday night game tonight. Better than Luck. I think he can be a starter.

It was reported during the Colts game tonight that Colts GM Chris Ballard denies that this trade offer ever happened. If not from the Colts to inflate Brissett’s value, then the only other source I can think of is that the Jets are trying to lure in some bidders for Bridgewater. Either way, we now have a primary source on the record calling Volin a fraud, which is good enough for me.

It was reported during the Colts game tonight that Colts GM Chris Ballard denies that this trade offer ever happened. If not from the Colts to inflate Brissett’s value, then the only other source I can think of is that the Jets are trying to lure in some bidders for Bridgewater. Either way, we now have a primary source on the record calling Volin a fraud, which is good enough for me.

Can't we just assume bad faith on Volin's part a priori? :)

This turned out to be yet another embarassing thread where people say laughable things like they’d rather have kept Brissett over Hoyer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back