PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 7 TNF Raiders-Chiefs

There was a push-off on the tying touchdown too, but the ref knew he couldn't call it. I'm glad to see KC lose but as exciting as this game was, the end was an undisciplined comedy of errors.
Lol if they called that...

The best we could be after this week (with a victory on Sunday) would be 5-2, which is the same record as KC. Obviously, the Chiefs hold the tiebreaker due to their victory over us in week one.

I think the game will be important considering what other teams will do. A team like pittsburgh. Still have trips to Denver, Oakland, and Pittsburgh.;

Few things are as fun to watch as a great NFL game. Hell my team wasn't even in this one. Yes I had rooting interest but it was great to watch.

The only sport which can be near as fun to watch is a great hockey game but generally those only happen in the playoffs.

Olympic curling. Now that’s a blast!!!

What were you watching lol? I take it the guys in the booth have a different view.
I've seen replays of it from both the fan and kicker angles, and he wasn't ever in danger of missing it.

In your defense, the ball seemed to hook a bit once the ball had passed through the uprights about 5 yards in, but I don't think it would've been a miss even then. All he has to do is kick it through the uprights. Whatever happens after that is irrelevant.

I've seen replays of it from both the fan and kicker angles, and he wasn't ever in danger of missing it.

In your defense, the ball seemed to hook a bit once the ball had passed through the uprights about 5 yards in, but I don't think it would've been a miss even then. All he has to do is kick it through the uprights. Whatever happens after that is irrelevant.
Hah all I’m saying is give us the kicker view every time because it’s a lot more clear as to where the ball is. The behind the post shot sucks.

It deceptively looked like a miss from the wrong angle. The ball hooked sharply, passing to the right of the upright after passing through.

It deceptively looked like a miss from the wrong angle. The ball hooked sharply, passing to the right of the upright after passing through.
I didn't think anything of it until I read the comments here and used the rewind feature on the DVR. I can appreciate the argument a bit more after watching it again, at least from that angle.

Had zero interest in watching the game.

Had a cast iron pot to oil, post-clean, after having made beef stew earlier.

Turned on the TV for background noise while finishing up the oiling.

Heard/saw the final 4 plays of the game (everything after the catch at the 1).

Nice timing, nice ending.

the entire game was a complete reffing TRAVESTY....beyond ridiculous

The push off penalties look worse if the pushed is a good actor, of course. It was probably fair to call one and not the other, just because both were close calls. And, of course, the pushing was mutual to a degree in both cases. This stuff reminds me of the NBA... how do you make these calls... and the flopping business too.

But the end of game holding penalties on KC were really obvious and way too blatant not to call.

The push off penalties look worse if the pushed is a good actor, of course. It was probably fair to call one and not the other, just because both were close calls. And, of course, the pushing was mutual to a degree in both cases. This stuff reminds me of the NBA... how do you make these calls... and the flopping business too.

But the end of game holding penalties on KC were really obvious and way too blatant not to call.

I watched the game too. Most of those calls were obvious. Gronk gets called for less of a push off too so I have no problems with other teams getting called for it.

The Queefs defense looks like they’re falling apart like they did last season. From my amateur perspective, and based on what I can see while watching the game, I think it starts with their inability to stop the run. They’re having to dedicate another man in the box from what I’ve seen which is leaving their corners in quite a bit of man to man situations. Couple that with Berry’s loss and Peters’ regression and you get what you saw last night: a defense that gave up over 500 yards of total offense and 31 points.

They’ll get it fixed enough to make the postseason still, but they’ll be ripe for the picking once they get there. People love to bag on Alex Smith, but he’s been a big reason why they’re even 5-2 at this point.

the entire game was a complete reffing TRAVESTY....beyond ridiculous

For crying out loud, the referees association put out a statement last week defending them ...duh... that they are doing their best in each game o_O

Why are their actions not publicly held accountable. Why don’t the NYGFL f********* release these ratings publicly, while they are at it, where are the record PSI values...

They are still wondering why people are tuning out :rolleyes:

For crying out loud, the referees association put out a statement last week defending them ...duh... that they are doing their best in each game o_O

Why are their actions not publicly held accountable. Why don’t the NYGFL f********* release these ratings publicly, while they are at it, where are the record PSI values...

They are still wondering why people are tuning out :rolleyes:
Yeah this is as bad as I can remember. It seems like every other big play ends with a middle aged man dressed like a Zebra throwing a yellow handkerchief in the air. The amount of flags every game takes the air out of the contest. This was easily the best game of the year and it could have been that much better (and that much shorter... I’m exhausted) had some of those iffy flags not been thrown.

Don't Andy Reid teams usually wait until December or the postseason to start losing games they should have won?

Don't Andy Reid teams usually wait until December or the postseason to start losing games they should have won?
Honestly, my only question before the game was Carr’s ability to drive the ball down the field given his back injury. If I had known he was going to be able to push the ball downfield like that, this game would have been easy to call. KC is in trouble as currently constructed. They gave to rely on their corners to hold up in man to man to stop the run. Anytime you have to scheme like that to hide a weakness, you’re in trouble. The result is they’ll probably rely on a lot more zone going forward, but the end result will be the same: A defense that is a major liability. They need Peters to regain whatever ability he had in 2015 and 2016 and they need someone to comfortably replace Berry for this season if they’re going to continue having trouble stopping the run.

KC is a glass cannon. They're one Tyreek Hill hamstring away from mediocrity.

I actually don't think any of the calls the refs made in that sequence after the catch were bad calls

Seems clear to me they arent the same team on defense without Berry.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back