PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 7 TNF Raiders-Chiefs

Patsfanin Philly

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Man this is a tough one as to who to root for. The Chiefs currently hold a one game ( plus tiebreaker) over the Pats for best record so it seems like to no brainer to root for Oakland. BUT
the Raiders sit at 2-4 and another loss will throw them down at 2-5 and pretty much end any chance of the playoffs. * (Yes I know KC was like 1-5 and won 10 in a row a few years ago to make the playoffs and 2002 Jets were 2-5....) but what percent of 2-5 teams make the playoffs??? Has to be under 10%).
So if KC can essentially end the Raiders' season , one that started with high hopes and would leave them 4 games behind for the division lead with 9 left, maybe they'll mail it in in Mexico City when they play the Pats...
Another reason to root for KC is that it makes it harder for Denver to win their division and ultimately get HFA or even a home playoff game.....Would prefer that the Pats avoid that house of horrors in the post season if possible...

#justthisschmucksopinion

Great googly moogly--go Chefs!

Man this is a tough one as to who to root for.

Seriously-GIF.gif

As much as it pains me to say it... go Rai...

...try again... go Rai...

...one more shot... go Rai...

Chiefs lose! (that's better :) )

maybe they'll mail it in in Mexico City when they play the Pats...

No.

Many of these guys have pride. Almost all of them have financial goals and this is a year to year league. They're not going to be mailing it in that early.

Really hoping to see the Queefs eat another L. But with the way Carr looked last week, I don’t think his back is strong enough for him to drive the ball down the field. Combine that with a weak defense and this is probably a Queefs win. But it is a division game and stranger things have happened.

You go Raiders. It would put the chiefs at 2 conference losses, which helps mitigate the tiebreaker over us. Raiders having 4 losses already with Carr’s injury, they’ve already dug too deep a hole. If it comes down to the wire in week 16, we need the chiefs with more AFC losses.

Go Raiders. Hopefully the short week at home is your friend.

(Something tells me Oakland is getting curb stomped, though)

Regards,
Chris

Where are the wildcards likely to come out of? AFC North and South both feel like 1 playoff team conferences. AFC East I reflexively distrust the playoff cred of the Jete, Bills and Fish, but all those teams are at .500 right now...

Point being, it feels very likely that at least 2 teams from the AFC West are going to the playoffs. So, even if the Raiders lose tonight, it's plausible they still manage to get ahead of the Broncos and LA to contend for the 5/6 seeds.

Therefore, go Raiders. Help us get home playoff games.

i want the chiefs to lose and the pats to win so they can leapfrog kc in the almighty power ranking!!!!!!

That's an easy one we root for the Raiders tonight, the Raiders are going nowhere with that defense and Tony Carr with a bad back at QB. Don't need to worry about them, I hope they steal a game from KC that's the team we should worry.

Everything went right for the Raiders last year until the Carr injury, winning all of the coin flip games. KC is the real threat and we need to catch them. Denver could help us, but with the tiebreak loss to KC, we need Oakland's help too.

Begrudgingly, GO RAIDAHS!

I see that many of you are pulling for the Raiduhs, and with the Pats' loss to KC I don't blame you. Unfortunately, I put a curse on Oafland (it's irreversible) and they probably won't win.

I see that many of you are pulling for the Raiduhs, and with the Pats' loss to KC I don't blame you. Unfortunately, I put a curse on Oafland (it's irreversible) and they probably won't win.
Glad to know, for gambling purposes.

Where are the wildcards likely to come out of? AFC North and South both feel like 1 playoff team conferences. AFC East I reflexively distrust the playoff cred of the Jete, Bills and Fish, but all those teams are at .500 right now...

Point being, it feels very likely that at least 2 teams from the AFC West are going to the playoffs. So, even if the Raiders lose tonight, it's plausible they still manage to get ahead of the Broncos and LA to contend for the 5/6 seeds.

Therefore, go Raiders. Help us get home playoff games.

At this incredibly early stage of the season it does appear that there will be one team each from the AFCS & N and two each from the AFCE & W that make the playoffs. Basically it's mostly the same teams every year and this year doesn't look any different.

You go Raiders. It would put the chiefs at 2 conference losses, which helps mitigate the tiebreaker over us. Raiders having 4 losses already with Carr’s injury, they’ve already dug too deep a hole. If it comes down to the wire in week 16, we need the chiefs with more AFC losses.
Need KC losses.

The Pats, if we beat Pittsburgh, Denver, and Oakland, will likely get common opponents tie breaker in the unlikely but possible event of a three way tie between us, Pittsburgh, and KC. (Actually Pitt could get the one in this case and us the 2)

The Raiders are not an issue unless we are afraid we will be fighting for a wild card spot in the end.

Saw this on Reddit:

Since the start of 2015 Derek Carr is 0-4 vs the Chiefs and his passer rating is 67.8. Against the rest of NFL: 21-11 with a 97.5 passer rating.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back