PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 17 practice/roster news: MM practicing! TB, Gilly, Rex, Branch not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is TB12 not practicing?

I think they end up IRing Gillisee if MM comes back. He's been on the injury list for a while and they already have an extra RB on the roster.

Sounds like a great move, especially with Burkhead out and White battling ankle injury. In Bolden we trust.

Brady faking injuries??:D

If MM makes it back, why are people speculating Britt is the one that goes?

Because he looks like the odd man out. Cooks and Dola are safe. Dorsett is young, Cooks insurance and still another year on a rookie deal.

Britt has a very similar body type to MM, can be cut at no consequence and has only been here for two weeks.

Of course there is always the Hogan IR scenario but at this moment that seems rather unlikely.

If Hollister were the odd man out it would be via IR somehow. No way they will release him after a year of development on the eve of teams being able to sign players to future contracts.

I have had this feeling all day after reading that MM is practicing. Hogan my be the one MM may replaced.
Hate to say it, but I agree.

Because he looks like the odd man out. Cooks and Dola are safe. Dorsett is young, Cooks insurance and still another year on a rookie deal.

Britt has a very similar body type to MM, can be cut at no consequence and has only been here for two weeks.

Of course there is always the Hogan IR scenario but at this moment that seems rather unlikely.

If Hollister were the odd man out it would be via IR somehow. No way they will release him after a year of development on the eve of teams being able to sign players to future contracts.

Looks like the odd man out according to who?

Britt is a fmr 1000 yd receiver while Dorsett has done nothing.

Britt and MM aren't even close to the same body type. One man is 5-11. The other is 6-3 220

cag·ey
ˈkājē/
adjective
informal
adjective: cagy
  1. reluctant to give information owing to caution or suspicion.
    "When speaking about James Harrison's role with the team, coach Bill Belichick is very cagey"
    synonyms: secretive, guarded, cautious, wary, noncommittal, tight-lipped, reticent, evasive;
    informalplaying one's cards close to one's chest
    "he was rather cagey about his plans"

scorn
skôrn/
noun
  1. 1.
    the feeling or belief that someone or something is worthless or despicable; contempt.
    "I do not wish to become the object of scorn"
    synonyms: contempt, derision, contemptuousness, disdain, derisiveness, mockery, sneering
    "he was unable to hide the scorn in his voice"
USATSI_belichick_081015.jpg

So, is there a chance Brady doesn't play Sunday? This ( shoulder injury) may explain why he hasn't been himself the past few weeks.

Saying Dorsett is accounted for by the defense is a stretch.

Defenses don't need to cover him? Not even with one guy? ( and a reasonably fast guy, since Dorsett has 4.33 speed)

Sure but Britt is not going anywhere.

They wouldn't have signed him if Dorsett was productive

Dorsett has caught 69% of the passes thrown his way for 168 yards - at an 18.7 ypc clip. That's not nothin'. He's also a pretty decent downfield blocker and is averaging just under 24 offensive snaps per game.

Allen is averaging 29 offensive snaps per game and has caught 48% of his tgts for 86 yards - 8.6 ypc.

Hollister is averaging 5.6 offensive snaps per game and has caught 40% of his tgts for 42 yards - a 10.5 ypc.

Britt was signed right after Hogan's painful-to-watch performance @Mia. I don't think that's a coincidence, especially considering that Hogan has been out since then.

Britt has caught 2 passes for 23 yards. He's averaged 5.5 offensive snaps per game so far.

But, Dorsett is the one who should be cut for his lack of production?

Yep. I get that he hadn't had a TC but at the end of the day Tom will only throw his way if he has to.

That is the proverbial nail in the coffin.

With that said Britt and Tom got crossed up which led to the pick 6. He might be on probation.

168 yards at an 18.7 ypc and a 69% catch rate - 12.0 receiving yards per game (14 games)
86 yards at an 8.6 ypc and a 48% catch rate - 5.7 receiving yards per game (15 games)
42 yards at a 10.5 ypc and a 40% catch rate - 3.0 receiving yards per game (14 games)
23 yards at a 11.5 ypc and a 66% catch rate - 11.5 receiving yards per game (2 games)

Defenses don't need to cover him? Not even with one guy? ( and a reasonably fast guy, since Dorsett has 4.33 speed)

Dorsett has caught 69% of the passes thrown his way for 168 yards - at an 18.7 ypc clip. That's not nothin'. He's also a pretty decent downfield blocker and is averaging just under 24 offensive snaps per game.

Allen is averaging 29 offensive snaps per game and has caught 48% of his tgts for 86 yards - 8.6 ypc.

Hollister is averaging 5.6 offensive snaps per game and has caught 40% of his tgts for 42 yards - a 10.5 ypc.

Britt was signed right after Hogan's painful-to-watch performance @Mia. I don't think that's a coincidence, especially considering that Hogan has been out since then.

Britt has caught 2 passes for 23 yards. He's averaged 5.5 offensive snaps per game so far.

But, Dorsett is the one who should be cut for his lack of production?
Good research but Hollister is a rookie with an undetermined-at-this-point upside. Allen is TE2 and a good blocker. Cutting those two would not make sense.

At WR it's a numbers game. Cooks, DA, MM and Hogs stay.

Now it's Dorsett. If he's gone zero cap hit. Plus Brady won't throw to him.

I think Britt is a better, more proven talent who can't do less than what Dorsett has done here.

I think they end up IRing Gillisee if MM comes back. He's been on the injury list for a while and they already have an extra RB on the roster.

Gillislee was on the injury report for the first time all season three weeks ago (he had the flu). This week is the only other time he's been on the injury report, and the first time he's had an actual injury.

White is also on the injury report - limited practice with an ankle injury - so the Pats don't have an "extra" RB on the roster at the moment.

maineman: I gurantee you if M&M gets as much snaps as Dorsett per game lately, he would get at least Three to Four Catches a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes