PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 17 practice/roster news: MM practicing! TB, Gilly, Rex, Branch not

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fear that he may have aggravated that injury against Miami. There were times during that game when he was walking back to the huddle and his arm seemed to just hang dead at his side. Hopefully I'm wrong and it's just a continued healing process.
I have had this feeling all day after reading that MM is practicing. Hogan my be the one MM may replaced.

I don't think Kenny Britt goes either the group is just too fragile and I love his Big Body.

Assuming everyone is 100% healthy and without risk of reaggravating their past injury, Dorsett needs to go.

If that's the case Chris Hogan still have a couple of weeks to heal.

Assuming everyone is 100% healthy and without risk of reaggravating their past injury, Dorsett needs to go.

Dorsett would be my choice too don't be surprised if he pulls up lame on Sunday. Dorsett's been a disappointment up till now he needs a full Offseason to be reevaluated.

I'd kick him to the curb because I think he's a stiff, but Hollister plays special teams which makes cutting him for a guy who doesn't more difficult. I expect someone else would be the odd man out. Britt seems more likely than Dorsett, as Dorsett has some value as a guy who gets 5 to 10 snaps a game and has to be accounted for by a defense whereas Britt would be superfluous with Mitchell and Hogan healthy.

I'd kick him to the curb because I think he's a stiff, but Hollister plays special teams which makes cutting him for a guy who doesn't more difficult. I expect someone else would be the odd man out. Britt seems more likely than Dorsett, as Dorsett has some value as a guy who gets 5 to 10 snaps a game and has to be accounted for by a defense whereas Britt would be superfluous with Mitchell and Hogan healthy.
Saying Dorsett is accounted for by the defense is a stretch.

There are both positives and negatives to keeping or shedding any of Britt, Dorsett, or Hollister or sending Hogan to IR.
Sure but Britt is not going anywhere.

They wouldn't have signed him if Dorsett was productive

Dorsett would be my choice too don't be surprised if he pulls up lame on Sunday. Dorsett's been a disappointment up till now he needs a full Offseason to be reevaluated.
If he could KR and PR that would change everything

Hard to believe Dorsett was First Rounder SMH.

He can't get separation. One move guy.

The thing that did it for me with Dorsett was when Hogan went out for a Month, Dorsett posted literal goose eggs during the time. He got an increase in snaps and still couldn't figure it out. Route Running is definitely not one Dorsett's strong suits.

The thing that did it for me with Dorsett was when Hogan went out for a Month, Dorsett posted literal goose eggs during the time. He got an increase in snaps and still couldn't figure it out. Route Running is definitely not one Dorsett's strong suits.
Yep. I get that he hadn't had a TC but at the end of the day Tom will only throw his way if he has to.

That is the proverbial nail in the coffin.

With that said Britt and Tom got crossed up which led to the pick 6. He might be on probation.

Dorsett is a decent WR . young . not taking much cap.
He's plenty open and quite reliable target when they bother to target him (9/13).
No #4 WR is going to see significant targets from TB w Gronk healthy.
He blocks well.
He is signed through 2018 w 2019 option.

In last 2 games he is 2/2 for 28 yds on 51 snaps.
Britt is 2/3 for 23 yds on 11 snaps.

Britt is still learning but for now Dorsett is ahead of him and clearly more useful when not targeted. This can change after Jetes game but remember Floyd episode..

Yep. I get that he hadn't had a TC but at the end of the day Tom will only throw his way if he has to.

That is the proverbial nail in the coffin.

With that said Britt and Tom got crossed up which led to the pick 6. He might be on probation.

I think that was on Tom ball was late and inaccurate due to the pressure. They both connected on 13 yarder shortly after so he might be out of jail.:D

I think they end up IRing Gillisee if MM comes back. He's been on the injury list for a while and they already have an extra RB on the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News