PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taking stock of the playoff races at the quarter pole of the NFL season

No that's ok. You can look at teams at the quarter pole... but talking about who is in or out, or the idea of a playoff race in week 4 is completely worthless. I'm sure you know that already and I don't have to explain why.

Especially with the NFC East leader at 1-2-1....

• Agree
Reactions: sb1

rofl.gif

You're talking out of your ass again. So, to repeat:

The ignore thread button would work on this thread too.
Are you going to throw a petulant tantrum anytime you reply to me, or are you going to post a reply that's worth my time reading?

The ignore button works on you too. Just asking, so I'll know whether to use it or not.

Yeah no kidding. I suspect the OP knew this and it was more an attempt at a passive aggressive statement about a certain QB that isn't here anymore. And in response to that I'll just say I'm comfortable saying that the exclusion of the Patriots from such a "week 4 playoff picture" would not change if that QB was still here this year. And same with any exclusion from the week 17 playoff picture as well.

Last edited:
Don't forget to factor in
(1) NE plays a decent amount of games vs non-contenders. They may make the playoffs. Once there/if there, I have limited expectations.
(2) both losses could very well be against the two SB teams

None of the NFCW teams are out.
5 SF 2 - 2
6 AZ 2 - 2
7 LAR 3 - 1
The Chargers gave KC all they wanted and gave Tampa a game.
8 LAC 1 - 3
9 BUFF 4 - 0
10BUFF 4 - 0
11BALT 3 - 1

7 games vs potential post season teams.

Yeah no kidding. I suspect the OP knew this and it was more an attempt at a passive aggressive statement about a certain QB that isn't here anymore. And in response to that I'll just say I'm comfortable saying that the exclusion of the Patriots from such a "week 4 playoff picture" would not change if that QB was still here this year. And same with any exclusion from the week 17 playoff picture as well.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
The bills are up 2 games. We might actually lose this division. THANKS COVID!

Are you going to throw a petulant tantrum anytime you reply to me, or are you going to post a reply that's worth my time reading?

The ignore button works on you too. Just asking, so I'll know whether to use it or not.

Pointing out that you're doing nothing but trolling is not throwing a tantrum. It's just pointing out that you're doing nothing but trolling. And, please, feel free to put me on ignore. You bring nothing to the table at this point. Maybe the function will work better for you than it has for TommyBrady12.

Pointing out that you're doing nothing but trolling is not throwing a tantrum. It's just pointing out that you're doing nothing but trolling. And, please, feel free to put me on ignore. You bring nothing to the table at this point. Maybe the function will work better for you than it has for TommyBrady12.

LOL. Not my fault you posted a worthless topic and got called out for it. That’s not trolling.

So then your answer to my question is doubling down on your tantrum. Which it is. Fair enough.

Bye. #Ignored

Stefanski has done a great job getting that Browns team to gel. Can a division have three teams make the playoffs? I think the Steelers, Browns and Ravens are going to beat each other's brains in with one of them falling off. IMO. In the east, there's one QB with playoff experience, Cam Newton.Lots of Josh Allen fans out there this season. I see the same QB as I saw last year. Time will tell. Seahawks,Packers for sure...Tompa LOOKS like a lock...don't trust the Eagles or the Bears...Saints/49ers are injury dependent IMO..the rest? prove it

If you watch a Bills game and see the same QB you saw last year, you may want to see an optometrist.

Also, Allen has playoff experience too, so your playoff comment doesn’t make much sense.

you need to check in the nuthouse, Barfalo Bill...

Games against Buffalo will be fun this year. I always look forward to a McDermott tantrum on the sideline.

I still see the Pats taking the division at 10-6/9-7.

Welp. We are 2 games behind the Bills after one quarter of the season. The good news is the Bills still have to play Seattle and KC but the way Allen is playing they can realistically beat both. Our post-season is largely dependent on beating the Bills when we face them if not then we lose the division by 3+ games most likely. In terms of the WC, it will be a battle. The North has 3 teams with 3 wins. The Titans and Colts also have 3 wins. Anything short of 10 or 11 wins will not be good enough this year. Just too many good teams in the AFC.

Nah, this is a weird season. Too many games left to step out on that ledge. Imo. Cam is still adjusting to the new offense and the defense is stout. We've got a good chance of making it to the playoffs.

Nah, this is a weird season. Too many games left to step out on that ledge. Imo. Cam is still adjusting to the new offense and the defense is stout. We've got a good chance of making it to the playoffs.

Bills have the following stretch:

Titans
Chiefs
Jets
Patriots
Seahawks

Patriots have the following stretch:

Broncos
Bye
49ers
Bills
Jets

So this looks like a chance for the gap in the loss column to close before the Patriots face off against the Ravens in week 10.

Meaningless but ok

I'm surprised you didn't use your beloved :rofl: emoji in your meaningless post. You usually do. Are you ok?

How does this forum compare to r/Patriots on old.reddit? I'm not in any other forums so the format is kinda new

LOL. Not my fault you posted a worthless topic and got called out for it. That’s not trolling.

So then your answer to my question is doubling down on your tantrum. Which it is. Fair enough.

Bye. #Ignored

Thank God. Your trolling isn't even entertaining.

Where things stand vs preseason expectations at the ¼ pole, IMHO:

AFC East:
I figured Buffalo would have lost to the Rams and be 3-1 rather than 4-0, but other than that the records are about what I expected.
Pats at 2-2 with losses at Seattle and at KC is what I had anticipated, as is Miami at 1-3 and the Jets looking like an 0-16 team.

AFC North:
Pittsburgh being 3-0 is not a surprise given those wins were against the Giants, Broncos and Texans; had the game vs Tennessee been played that would have given us a better sense of how good they are. To me the big surprise is Cleveland, specifically their offense (31 points per game, #1 in AFC).

AFC South:
The Texans had to begin the season with games against the Chiefs, Ravens, Steelers and Vikings, so it is not a surprise that they are 0-4. Cal McNair continues his father's legacy of kneejerk reactions without a plan by firing Bill O'Brien (though to be fair, the GM duties should have been taken away from BOB). 1-3 Jacksonville has played much better than I thought they would, with two close losses. I'm not sold on the 3-1 Colts yet; let's see how they do in November when they play the Ravens, Packers and Titans twice in a four-week stretch.

AFC West:
A bit surprised that KC has struggled as much as they have (in wins vs the Chargers and Patriots). The Raiders have looked very good so far, but they now play at KC, Tampa, at Browns, at Chargers, Broncos, KC and at Atlanta. It's possible they could be no better than 4-7 or maybe 5-6 - though their December schedule gets much easier.

NFC East:
I wonder if Fox will continue to jam this division down our throats week after week? We knew Washington and NYG would be bad, but Dallas has the NFL's worst offense, and Philadelphia's wide receiving corps is even worse than the Pats, plus their offensive line is a mess. The NFCE could very well set a record for the worst collective won-loss record since the NFL split into four divisions.

NFC North:
I thought the Vikings would win this division, but their defense is atrocious, against both the pass and the run. Detroit is another disappointment; I thought they would improve after going 0-8 in games when Stafford was out with an injury last year. The bigger surprise is 3-1 Chicago, who I had pegged as a last place team that would be in line for a top ten draft pick. I don't think the Bears keep it up though. Every win has been by four points: two against underachievers that find ways to lose (Lions, Falcons), and the other was against the Giants. Let's see what their record is on Dec 1 after they play Tampa, at Carolina, at Rams, Saints, at Titans, Vikings, and at Packers. Green Bay should have an easy path to the division title.

NFC South:
Slight surprise that the 2-2 Panthers have played as well as they have, and that the Falcons are 0-4. The two 40 year old quarterbacks still look good - but have also had a few plays where they are starting to show their age.

NFC West:
Seattle's defense has appeared to be very vulnerable; they are fortunate to be 4-0. I don't know if the Rams have enough on offense to win the division. The Niners have had so many injuries, I don't know if they can catch either LA or Seattle.

With the extra team in the playoffs, could we see two divisions send three teams to the playoffs? In the NFC it is obvious the NFCE will have only one playoff team. It is possible that the third place NFCW team could be better than the second place NFCN team, setting up something like this:

East: one team (Phil/Dallas)
North: Green Bay
South: Bucs/Saints
West: Seattle, Rams, Niners

Similarly, in the AFC:
East: Bills, Pats
North: Ravens, Steelers, Browns
South: Titans
West: Chiefs

The AFC is less likely to happen, with intra-division games likely to hurt Cleveland's chances to the point where the Colts would finish ahead of the Browns.

@TommyBrady12 and @sb1

This post is why this thread was created. This post coupled with the OP made this thread entertaining. But instead of contributing you two jackasses decided to hijack it with your trolling shenanigans.

I'm not sure why it's allowed. If you don't want to participate in a thread then stay the **** out of it.

Anyway, my apologies to @jmt57 for using your post as an example. Great post by the way.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back