PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFC playoff standings

Doesn't that just make it more likely they have a talent level that would allow them to beat a good team?

Besides, if they're eliminated they can start having fun.

Start?

• Ha Ha
Reactions: jah

Chiefs offense starting to get heavily concentrated to two players.

The Ravens are the right team to pull off an upset at KC with only Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelcey available to Mahomes as his regular starters. More to the point, the Chiefs suck on defense - 31st in yards allowed per game and 27th in points allowed per game. The Ravens are a run-first team with Lamar Jackson at QB and rank 3rd in time of possession the last three weeks. Keeping Mahomes off the field is the best defense possible for the Ravens.

Numbers That Matter: Ravens at Chiefs

I guess, QM, but they were bottled up pretty well when they were held to 16 halfway through the third quarter, so I think there were some hints of things to come, that’s all.

At any rate your point is quite valid. I just don’t love the example of that particular game.

I think the 45-3 Jest game is a better example. We ****in whitewashed them and then at home in the playoffs...you know...

I think the 45-3 Jest game is a better example. We ****in whitewashed them and then at home in the playoffs...you know...
Yes, that’s an excellent example. Pittsburgh’s 2004 Halloween beatdown only to lose badly while hosting the AFC title game is probably another one.
As QM mentioned, there are plenty of times where a regular season outcome doesn’t mean anything when the two teams rematch in the postseason.

Interested in a wager? Some sort of forum humiliation bet cause I think the Texans are going to win that game.
you were saying?

of course I was not expecting the Pats to put up one of the most embarrassing endings to an NFL game in maybe ever

good news everyone.

Steelers and Texans BOTH lost as well yesterday which means even though the #1 seed is probably out of reach, a first round bye is still in the cards if the patriots take care of business vs the steelers.

good news everyone.

Steelers and Texans BOTH lost as well yesterday which means even though the #1 seed is probably out of reach, a first round bye is still in the cards if the patriots take care of business vs the steelers.
The open question is whether we are more likely to travel to LA or KC.

good news everyone.

Don’t give up on the 1 seed yet. it’s still possible under the following scenario:

-Pats win out

-KC loses to both LAC and Seattle (could happen)

-LAC loses to Baltimore (could happen) or Denver

Last edited:
The open question is whether we are more likely to travel to LA or KC.

KC is probably lose the divisional, so whoever beats them travels to NE;)

you were saying?

of course I was not expecting the Pats to put up one of the most embarrassing endings to an NFL game in maybe ever

Shoulda done a bet with me holmes.

Upon further review...
I have KC and Tenn winning out
NE, Hou, Pitt, LC and Denver losing 1 more
Balt and Miami losing 2 more
Indy losing 3 more

That leaves...
1 - KC (14-2)
2 - NE (12-4)
3 - Hou (12-4)
4 - Pitt (10-5-1)
5 - LAC (12-4)
6 - Ten (10-6)
Bal, Ind, Den at 9-7
Mia at 8-8

This will set up rematches with Ten at Hou and LAC at Pitt (because of the ridiculous division setup and in spite of the Chargers better record and win over Pitt, this game will be a home game for Pitt). Houston and Pitt will go on to win.

That leaves Pitt at KC and Hou at NE, with both home teams winning, resulting in a NE at KC title game in the AFC.

Some games may end up being meaningless and change things...
Hou vs Phi, LAC at Den and Ind at Tenn for instance.

These are the teams fighting for the last spot.

Bal 7-6 (6-4 conference)
Mia 7-6 (6-4)
Ind 7-6 (6-5)
Ten 7-6 (5-6)

The Pitt and NE losses have thrown a monkey wrench into my predictions. Now Pitt or NE will get another loss and Miami has one less.

If Baltimore loses at the Chargers in a couple of weeks then that would put them behind Miami's conference record. Miami also has the head to head tiebreaker over Tennessee, but the Titans could easily win out and take the last spot.

Miami has a chance if they can get a win at Minny next week, which is definitely possible. If they lose that game they can get to 9-7 with two games remaining against the Jags and Bills.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back