PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seth Wickersham's history of unsourced NFL stories of discontent

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine but in your response to Andy you said confirm.

"Sensing" is not confirmation.

To confirm he needs to get 2 sources on the record. Since he can't/won't he throws that **** out there.

This is the fundamental problem with journalism today. Blogs, Columns, editorials are all taken as fact when they are anything but.
fair enough

not confirm

curran "reported" tension

obvious

it would be hard for curran to factually prove such a thing

but curran's opinion and reporting are usually well regarded here

A direct statement of fact from the source would be a lot better.

obvious

it would be hard for curran to factually prove such a thing

but curran's opinion and reporting are usually well regarded here
Curran sensed uneasiness from the people he talked to about the future next couple of years with an older Brady. He did not report that tensions we're high and that Belichick, Brady and Kraft we're disruptively divided or at each other's throats. Trolls and contrarian reporters who's goal is to be part of and or outright invent the story make the leap of sensing uneasiness all the way to grounds for divorce........Curran well regarded? Sure, but don't make leaps or put words in his mouth by misrepresenting what he says.

but don't make leaps or put words in his mouth by misrepresenting what he says.

lol

i quoted him....and linked him......

"after talking to sources on all sides of various issues, I sensed uneasiness over simmering tensions"

Exactly. For example if Curren reported that he was in a room with Bob and Bill and they were in a heated argument over Tom's contract then that would be seismic.

It’s worse. He’s not even reporting that a source within the room heard and saw that. He’s reporting beliefs and impressions from the source.

FWIW, Lombardi says there absolutely is a (team-internal) "Patriot of the Week" award.

No. Just no.

Perhaps he is confused or was misquoted, but in no way would BB ever elevate an individual above the team. That is just not his MO.

I did see that Lombardi quote, and it is as muddled an answer as I've ever seen from him, probably overstating his importance to the Patriots. His role with the Patriots wasn't one that would entail having him go into the locker room. His role was limited to the FO, period.

lol

i quoted him....and linked him......

"after talking to sources on all sides of various issues, I sensed uneasiness over simmering tensions"
You're not fooling anyone. You have rubber-stamped Wickerscam's story and and his doom and gloom speculations he leaves out there for people buy into. You use a quote from Curran and leave it out there that it's confirmation of what everyone's worst fears are..that Belichick, Brady and Kraft possibly have irreconcilable differences moving forward. Curran has not done that, has he? And the meat of the quote you posted twice now only makes the point that some people he talked to him have the sense that there are some tensions. Of course there are. That's hardly rubber-stamping or confirming anything that's been brewing out there.

Last edited:
You're not fooling anyone. You have rubber-stamped Wickerscam's story and and his doom and gloom speculations he leaves out there for people buy into. You use a quote from Curran and leave it out there that it's confirmation of what everyone's worst fears are..that Belichick, Brady and Kraft possibly have irreconcilable differences moving forward. Curran has not done that, has he?
i have to be careful.....im on thin ice here......i'm a naughty brat

but this is what i originally said...minus the "confirm"

"didnt curran basically report the idea of "tension" between the parties over this stuff?"

i said nothing more.....and i stand by it.....i think currans article supports it

If I had a regret about not becoming an NYFL HC or owner, it would be that I don't get a chance to manipulate mediots like this guy WickerSHAM. It must be fun to play with them.

It’s worse. He’s not even reporting that a source within the room heard and saw that. He’s reporting beliefs and impressions from the source.
It's ridiculous. Plus there is no severity level assigned to this tension.

Mrs RW and I are trying to figure out if we want to upgrade the carpeting or extend the hardwood flooring already in place. Cost is certainly a factor but nothing we won't untimately figure out.

I bet if you ask our 3 children they would say there is "tension" . Oooooh juicy !

Curran sensed uneasiness from the people he talked to about the future next couple of years with an older Brady. He did not report that tensions we're high and that Belichick, Brady and Kraft we're disruptively divided or at each other's throats. Trolls and contrarian reporters who's goal is to be part of and or outright invent the story make the leap of sensing uneasiness all the way to grounds for divorce........Curran well regarded? Sure, but don't make leaps or put words in his mouth by misrepresenting what he says.
Brady is 40 belichick is 65. They are in year 18 of an historic run. People feel tension that the end is coming. Shocking.

"I wrote a similar story last Friday because, after talking to sources on all sides of various issues, I sensed uneasiness over simmering tensions and uncertainty about the future."

"There are people within the Patriots organization who believe Belichick got bigfooted by Kraft on this and are proceeding under the assumption that Belichick may be so miffed that he’ll leave. They also believe the Patriots made a mistake gambling that Brady will be able to produce for as long as he thinks while moving on from the obviously-gifted Garoppolo."

"And, regardless of how pissed Belichick may or may not be (and I think he’d probably be more exasperated than pissed)"

LINK-----Tom E. Curran
Here is the article Curran wrote last week which makes no reference to tension between B.B. brady or kraft.

Patriots run feels like it's winding down

His article today referencing tension also does not say tension between the 3 but a sense of tension that the end if the dynasty could be coming.

Here is the article Curran wrote last week which makes no reference to tension between B.B. brady or kraft.

Patriots run feels like it's winding down

His article today referencing tension also does not say tension between the 3 but a sense of tension that the end if the dynasty could be coming.
if the "simmering tensions" arent between the 3 and about the rumor stuff...then what are they about?

you want me to think curran used the words "simmering tensions" to describe the fact that all 3 of them are getting older and will eventually retire?

if the "simmering tensions" arent between the 3 and about the rumor stuff...then what are they about?
Read the article.

you want me to think curran used the words "simmering tensions" to describe the fact that all 3 of them are getting older and will eventually retire?
Well these are his words
“simmering tensions and uncertainty about the future. “

Nothing in his article says anything about tension BETWEEN THE 3. In fact he list 3 reasons for the “simmering tension” none of which are strife between the 3 and never does he say the tension is between the 3. (I’m not posting the whole thing here, I know you can find it because you broke apart sentences from it to give a worse connotation and pasted them) I would assume employees in the dynasty are tense when the key pieces of the success are within shouting distance of retirement.

Finally he says this:
Same as always
Brady and Belichick’s relationship is strictly business. As I was told, if someone looked at it from the outside and saw them interacting, they may think there was a coolness between them. But that’s not remarkable. It’s always been that way.

So if Curran is trying to say there is tension between B.B. and Brady why would he say their relationship is the same as ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST