Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyBrady12

Hall of Fame Poster
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Chris Mortensen explains his Deflategate reporting for first time
When King brought up Deflategate towards the end of the discussion, Mortensen admitted he should have corrected his erroneous report about 11 of 12 Patriots footballs being two PSI below the league limit. According to Mortensen, two league sources shared the information with him: one gave him the incorrect PSI figures and the other contact told him to stick with the language “significantly under inflated.” In the past, Mortensen says he would have more carefully vetted the story. But in the rush to publish, he went ahead with the report, despite still having some questions.

chasa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
did he say why it took him over a year to recant the story?

Did he happen to mention which source gave him incredibly false info, and which source told him not to correct it, but to go with "significantly under inflated" which was also Significantly false?

**** chris mortensen.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
In the past, Mortensen says he would have more carefully vetted the story. But in the rush to publish, he went ahead with the report, despite still having some questions.

"The normal caution Chris Mortensen would've stopped and said, 'What don't I know about this story?' But I went ahead (with it),” he explained. “I just decided to tweet, 'Source says 11 of 12, two pounds under.’ … I've done journalism long enough to know the right questions needed to be asked on the Tuesday night in which that information was given to me. That would've been like, 'OK, I've got some more interesting information. This is a developing story.' In the old days, who knows how many days it would've taken for me to write anything? It certainly hung out there and stuck out there.”

I wish him well with his fight against cancer. But when it comes to how he 'reported' this story, he is still a douche.

varjao

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
He let an innocent guy that for all accounts is a great human being go under the public trial already convicted due to the lies he released working for a big press.

Everybody makes mistakes, he acknowledge his and sit over it for more than a year
letting the lies spread and build into something worse. He can go **** himself, I hope Brady sues him.

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
But in the rush to publish, he went ahead with the report, despite still having some questions.

This is a big problem with the media as a whole in 2017.

Clonamery

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
did he say why it took him over a year to recant the story?

Did he happen to mention which source gave him incredibly false info, and which source told him not to correct it, but to go with "significantly under inflated" which was also Significantly false?

**** chris mortensen.
When you are employed at ESPN, you have to swear by the Hypocritical Oath.

Bonzo

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
When King brought up Deflategate towards the end of the discussion, Mortensen admitted he should have corrected his erroneous report about 11 of 12 Patriots footballs being two PSI below the league limit. According to Mortensen, two league sources shared the information with him: one gave him the incorrect PSI figures and the other contact told him to stick with the language “significantly under inflated.” In the past, Mortensen says he would have more carefully vetted the story. But in the rush to publish, he went ahead with the report, despite still having some questions.
I can't even...

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
He let an innocent guy that for all accounts is a great human being go under the public trial already convicted due to the lies he released working for a big press.

Everybody makes mistakes, he acknowledge his and sit over it for more than a year
letting the lies spread and build into something worse. He can go **** himself, I hope Brady sues him.
That’s an interesting point. Does Brady have the grounds to sue him?

TommyBrady12

Hall of Fame Poster
Same thing with that fat slob Tomase. He didn’t verify his sources about the “rams walkthrough tape.” I hate journalists.

Last edited:

robertweathers

Chairman & CEO of Team Bill
PatsFans.com Supporter
That’s an interesting point. Does Brady have the grounds to sue him?
Not a lawyer but seems that Mort never implicated Brady directly and it would be challenging to convince a judge or jury to say Mort's report directly influenced the NFL's investigation into the NEP and TB12 as they could cite Kravitz as reporting led to it.

I don't believe a word I said but legally that seemingly would be their argument.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
Mort afraid of getting blacklisted

Status
Not open for further replies.