PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PFT: After fateful PSI report, NFL declined to give real numbers to Chris Mortensen

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the NFL, the ends ( bringing the Patriots BB/Brady/Kraft down a notch in their eyes) justified the means ( leaking and failing to correct false information and botching the science and using a hired gun to give them the results they wanted).
Unfortunately for them the Patriots seemed not to have gotten the message and what you have is a repeat of 2007's FU Tour with hopefully a better end result....

OK, Mortensen was burned by his source. I can accept that. It happens.

But, why didn't he retract it until way after he became a laughing stock? Claimed he didn't know how to delete a tweet. What BS! As if there were no other ways to get the word out, like maybe on air.

Why no follow up report on motivations for the leak? He could have done it without revealing sources.

And after all this time, he's still lying low, refusing to be interviewed by independent reporters.

Glad he beat cancer, but he's still a slime of a human being.

Last edited:
F them and Mortensen. Whether he had the actual numbers or not, he knew the ones he put out were false, within days, yet I don't believe he's ever corrected the record even to this day. He's just hidden behind the old, "well, the NFL never corrected it, so I couldn't either." BS that he is still spouting.

And requiring them to sign an NDA ( non disclosure agreement) when they eventually did give them the real numbers...
And the letter to the Patriots right after it happened telling them the # was 10.1. This put the Patriots under tremendous pressure. I have no doubt this was an attempt to fix the superbowl for the seahawks by distracting the Patriots.

Hopefully, this doosh fully recovers from his cancer and is alive for a long time for his family and loved ones, to realize what a screaming dooshbag he is

Mortenson is a b!tch. He didn't even need the numbers, if he knew something funny was going on (INCLUDING THE NFL REFUSING TO GIVE HIM THE NUMBERS), he could have reported : "Hey, there's something funny going on, the NFL won't give me numbers".

Excuse making punk.

And at the point that the NFL declined to clarify, Mortensen should have publicly stated what was going on. It's only fair, and might have mitigated some of the damage. But no, he made it clear that he cared far more about toeing the NFL company line than actually being right or operating with a shred of integrity, so **** him.

This post nails it and is why Mort is such a steaming pile of ****.

As we always have to now with any opinion on Mort, I have to lead off with the standard: "I'm glad he has recovered from his cancer.. cancer is bad, mmmkay" and that's the truth, I wouldn't wish throat cancer on my worst enemy.. but I witheld my rage when he was going thru his treatment, despite the fact that Brady and the Pats were getting totally railroaded and one of the main points of reference that was used throughout the entire debacle was the 2 psi below legal limit report

Well, Mort beat his cancer.. good for him. . And he's chosen to go back into his sports "journalist" role with ESPN.. good for him. ..

As far as I'm concerned, he's back like a player from IR.. he's completely fair game now and needs to be called out for being such a lying sack of **** and for his role in trying to smear one of the most legendary QBS the league has ever seen as a spineless shill for the NFL front office

I'm glad he beat his cancer, but now that he's trying to hide behind it like a disgraceful schmuck to deflect attention away from his abhorrent involvement in deflategate just fuels the anger I had about all of this even more

**** you Mort!!!!! You had a chance at total redemption and it would have only take a few words, or even a 1-2 sentence statement to restore any shred of credibility he had.. and instead of doing that, he's just back peddling and distracting people, playing the victim card and acting like poor ole innocent Mort just didn't know what was going on, so let's all feel sorry for him. .

**** that!

I know right....like since they realize now that the unjust punishment as had minimal effect this season (the missed draft pick aside, that's like missing 10 seasons of a possibly good player) now is the time that something pops in their dumbass heads and realize what a farce this entire thing was. Yeah thanks for waking up almost 2 years later. **** the lot of 'em.

It's really from their arrogance.. they just think, "hey, we stayed relevant and kept ratings up during the usual media blackout period of the nfl season by taking a huge dump on Brady every day while supporting the NFL's fabricated ********.. now we can milk more ratings covering Brady's redemption tour!

Much like the nfl, they don't feel they're acountable to anyone.. or the truth

Yeah, it's one thing for your source to be wrong. It's a whole other thing to learn that your source deliberately lied to you, in order to use your credibility and reach to further their own agenda. Without regard for--and largely trashing--your aforementioned credibility. When a source is so clearly operating in bad faith, it should be a no-brainer to out them.
Hey Mort, out your source!!!

IMO Mort is despicable for not retracting and correcting. He is NOT the victim. He's a gutless villain.
He had the opportunity to be a hero if he actually lived up to his self proclaimed christian values. he was a party to a wrong he could have helped right but instead he protects is source (meaning his own meal-ticket). Mort is a pathetic useless waste of a human being. We all have a point where we can choose to do the right thing even if it is painful for us, he chose not to.

OK, Mortensen was burned by his source. I can accept that. It happens.

But, why didn't he retract it until way after he became a laughing stock? Claimed he didn't know how to delete a tweet. What BS! As if there were no other ways to get the word out, like maybe on air.

Why no follow up report on motivations for the leak? He could have done it without revealing sources.

And after all this time, he's still lying low, refusing to be interviewed by independent reporters.

Glad he beat cancer, but he's still a slime of a human being.

I know well several people with serious stage 4 cancers. I sincerely and deeply hope they can deal with it.
I COULD NOT CARE LESS how that smug, self-serving prig Mort fares with his affliction.

Mort gets no love from me, but IMO on 1-100 scale of despicable behavior, what the NFL/Kensil did and bears responsibility for in this fabricated fiasco is a 100, and what Mort did is like a 30.

nope......mort is just as bad because he is not calling out the source that lied to him....100% complicit, 100% as bad

I am glad Florio has picked up this "ball" and is carrying it for us. He has a loud and credible voice among the national football media so what he says helps with the narrative.

You can tell he is disturbed by all of this. Let's hope he keeps digging.

The game is called pass the buck.

It isn't Kravitz's fault because he just reported on it, though he has no moral obligation, as the guy who broke it, to inject common sense and still clings to the idea that something was fishy.

It isn't Mortensen's fault because he just published lies, and he has no moral obligation to report the truth or any type of mea culpa as a news reporter.

It isn't Goodell's fault because he is just going off of Ted Wells' report, no matter that himself hired Wells and is should be fully responsible for the garbage report. He has no moral obligation to recognize all the faults and clear bias in the appeals process, since he likely responsible for them.

It isn't Vincent's fault, since he didn't know about the Ideal Gas Law at the time, and he was just going off what he saw was just, and he has no obligation to change his mind now that he is aware of the IGL.

It isn't Grigson's fault, D'Qwell Jackson's fault, the Colts fault, the Ravens fault, or anyone else along those lines because they just reported it to the league, who is then responsible for the investigation.

It isn't Wells's fault, since he was just doing what a client asked him to do, and when scientists and media members became critical of his bias, he got angry that someone would even question him, though he wouldn't offer "privileged information" that took place between him and his client. He is just following the rules of being an attorney (and objective investigator who reports to a client who pays him for the results.)

It isn't Explonent's fault because, even though they have no obligation to be objective and have proven to be a complete joke in the legal system, they are above reproach and have PhD's giving reports, though they won't share information about what the client actually ordered.

It isn't Pash's fault because who needs the real information in "piecemeal" when a full, comprehensive, and fair report will be released, and when that report is anything but fair, don't look at him.

It isn't the fault of numerous media members who laughed at Belichick's explanation for the deflation, though Belichick was correct, and offered no apology or retraction, and it isn't the fault of so-called scientists like Bill Nye who called out Belichick, was just flat out wrong in his calculations but is fine hiding in the shadows now.

It isn't Judge Parker's or Judge Chin's fault because they are just following the law in upholding an injustice; after all, the facts of the case are best left to the others mentioned here.

And at the point that the NFL declined to clarify, Mortensen should have publicly stated what was going on. It's only fair, and might have mitigated some of the damage. But no, he made it clear that he cared far more about toeing the NFL company line than actually being right or operating with a shred of integrity, so **** him.

Exactly. There's a difference between a Reporter and a Spokesman. Mort was the latter but always purported to be the former.

Hope it was worth it to him. The guy seriously damaged his journalistic reputation by not taking back his story after the fact. He really couldn't have handled the situation any worse in my opinion.

IMO Mort is despicable for not retracting and correcting. He is NOT the victim. He's a gutless villain.

So Mort, how do you think we should treat you?

You are instrumental in losing the GOAT QB of all time for 4 games he can never get back.

The Pats lost a 1st round pick, which deprives the fans of the enjoyment that comes with it, and the Pats lost a foundational building block, all for a fabricated crime which you were instrumental in propogating, either willfully or intentionally.

Now you say "Ooops, my bad, why are you being so mean to me?"

Clueless doesn't begin to describe you.

I've been visualizing a human centipede made up of Goodell, Kensil, Pash, Wells, Mortenson, Exponent employees, and others.

View attachment 14641

Oh God. Now I'm going to need copious amounts of alcohol to get the image out of my head. My liver thanks you...NOT. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3