PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen Finally Admits Rush to Publish Deflategate Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
28-3 comeback with regulation footballs.

Shove that up your pie hole Chris.

Three Super Bowl wins later.....

Pie hole is a mile wide.

Don't care, don't care, don't care. Maybe it's being older, maybe it's fatigue from the whole thing. But if I hear or read someone say Cheaters I just shrug and say "If your team cared as much, maybe they would do it, too."

They think it. Nothing is going to stop it. I could be bitter like Shula or I could just not care. Guess which one gets people to shut up faster.
I totally understand.

I'm just pointing out the relevance toward future events and what our team is up against, even with a new coach and even with a new owner.

Chris Mortensen Still Stands By His False Deflategate Report

One more time. This as-s-hole continued to defend this repeatedly even after facts were out that he was wrong. Complete nonsense that it was spur of the moment.

Fck you Chris.

Excerpt below from the above article

Mortensen was a guest on the Doug & Wolf show on Arizona sports 98.7 FM, and said he still stands by his story.

“The whole narrative that somebody from the league deliberately leaked false information to me is so much baloney," Mortensen said. "It actually is insulting, because I made the inquiry: ‘How many footballs are we talking about? Three or four?' 'No, 11 of 12 – two PSI under.'

"Listen, I didn’t even know what the regulations for PSI at the time were. But I pick up the phone and I had very little dialogue with that person, so then I call somebody else – another source – and [he] says, ‘It is a mess; 11 of 12 footballs.' The focus was on the 11 footballs. But this person also said, ‘Significanly under inflated.” And so where I get in trouble, is I tweet, '[The balls were] two pounds under.’ We clarified and simply went to 'significantly under inflated' after it became clear there was conflicting data. By the way, it was 11 of 12 footballs. The Princeton professor who was hired to disprove the Ted Wells report agreed on which gage was used. So even then we’re talking about five balls in the 10-range, another five that were in the low 11 range, and not only that, we also know the league itself didn’t even get it right when they sent the notification letter to the Patriots saying one ball was as as low as 10.1 PSI."

Mortensaid also said Patriots owners Robert and Jonathan Kraft called him to apologize for "the way this thing has gone down." WEEI's Dennis & Callahan show reported Thursday night no such phone call ever happened.

That article is from five years ago.

I want to hear what #Tommy has to say about Deflategate and Spygate now that he’s on a new team and the muzzle is off. I’m sure someone there will ask.

Hope whatever he says can finally put this thing to bed.

Moot point. BB wanted to kick Brady to the curb and not surround him with talent.

I bet if Brady was back BB would have spent those draft picks on the defense instead of 2 TEs. He would have figured that Brady would "manage".

Whey didn't Mort use his sources and find out about the psi "spot checks" NFL did and never releasing them? I'm sure he knows the answer but will never reveal the numbers as they'll make everyone look stupid. Only the Pats make out in that scenario is why.

I bet if Brady was back BB would have spent those draft picks on the defense instead of 2 TEs. He would have figured that Brady would "manage".
Don't you have a Tampa Bay forum to haunt?

Whey didn't Mort use his sources and find out about the psi "spot checks" NFL did and never releasing them? I'm sure he knows the answer but will never reveal the numbers as they'll make everyone look stupid. Only the Pats make out in that scenario is why.

I still think the Pats should have inflated a football to 12.5 on a cold game day and just taken PSI measurements every quarter or so and shown the results on the Jumbotron.

All accusations are easily disprovable by any team member or fan using basic experimental techniques (pressure gauge, football, fridge). 8th graders won their science fairs showing it. Instead the whole country argued about it for a year on a theoretical basis. Really this said more about how scientifically illiterate we are than anything and why idiots, including in this very thread, feel justified in questioning vaccine safety and the like.

I still think the Pats should have inflated a football to 12.5 on a cold game day and just taken PSI measurements every quarter or so and shown the results on the Jumbotron.

All accusations are easily disprovable by any team member or fan using basic experimental techniques (pressure gauge, football, fridge). 8th graders won their science fairs showing it. Instead the whole country argued about it for a year on a theoretical basis. Really this said more about how scientifically illiterate we are than anything and why idiots, including in this very thread, feel justified in questioning vaccine safety and the like.
Pats fans DID do this at subsequent games.I was THERE in the parking lot with the big bus that ran tests before and after the game. Beyond that, YOU are missing the ONLY REAL POINT that has been the point since 2006. Roger Goodell was installed as commissioner to do EXACTLY what was done to the Patriots during this dehategate B.S....just as he did immediately with Spygate. Get this through your thick skull...NO ONE ON THIS FRIGGIN' PLANET QUITS HIS POSITION AS DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS OF AN NFL TEAM TO TAKE A POSITION HIDDEN IN THE HEIRARCHY OF NFL OFFICES!!! NO ONE!!!!!!! Jeezus krist, Kensil's actions and subsequent two year disappearance should have turned some kind of light on in that prodigious cranium of yours. This entire fiasco has absolutely ZERO to do with us, the fans , nor our perceived intelligence level. We were boondoggled. To quote the great Malcolm X "Oh, I say you been misled. You been had. You been took."

This only ends with the ultimate corporate cretin of modern times summarily tried and sentenced to a long term of imprisonment in federal prison for the avalanche of RICO violations he's committed since 2006. PERIOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back