PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PDS - Patriots Derangement Syndrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want to cut cable so bad. but i cant give up the celtics and the bruins. i dont think there is streaming for nesn and nbc sports boston.

There is and it's a good one or at least fairly reliable. I'll PM it to you. Someone from the forum posted it months ago.

The only racists in this country are of one ethnicity according to the PC. Everything else is change for the better and oppression.

Btw, color me surprised that is the worst Ray Lewis has ever seen. When that knife penetrated those two young men multiple times I'm sure that is the worst he has ever done/seen. Hashtag where's the white suit Ray?

Wilbon's bias has been exposed many times over the years. How he is still employed by a bloated corporation that is forced to go through one layoff after another is a true mystery.
Oh come on -- we all know the reason why.

Im not sure if its a generational thing but it certainly is tangible and real.

Loser Syndrome.

However many years ago when Quake II came out, I got into it, namely a mod called Urban Terror (such a fun game, think Counterstrike+crazy parkour).

I got to be... good? Decent to good. Good but not the best. And I couldn't even touch the top 10%. Those guys were just absolutely amazing.

Even at my not great skill level, cheating accusations just poured in. I was banned from a couple game hosts. Routinely got called a cheater. Even had a couple stalkers that would chase me from host to host to call me names and accuse me of cheating.

One guys logic was that he would more than often beat me one on one in an open space etc.. (which was true) but I knew where he was coming from too much not to be cheater. Well, not to make a storybook out of this, but sound was HUGE part of the game and gave away your position. That and players fall into recognizable patterns and tendencies.

This cant be an isolated story. I KNOW many of us have similar stories but my point is if I got it so bad from just semi-good, I can't imagine what the best of the best have to deal with.

Well, being a Patriot fan, maybe I do.

Loser Syndrome
Get beat. Accuse other side of cheating.
Nobody accused the Rams, Ravens, Bucs, Colts, Giants, Packers, Steelers or Donkeys of cheating.

If these losers were targeting you because you're from Boston, then it would be analogous.

Gronkowski has been a target of the media because a.) he's a New England Patriot and b.) he's white. c.) he stood for the anthem

PERIOD

END

OF

STORY

Nobody accused the Rams, Ravens, Bucs, Colts, Giants, Packers, Steelers or Donkeys of cheating.

If these losers were targeting you because you're from Boston, then it would be analogous.

Actually yes, they do get accused of cheating, but then again, none of those teams has come close to the amount of consistent winning over the past two decades as we've seen from the Patriots. Its the amount of winning/dominance that creates these excuse-making cheating accusations.

Actually yes, they do get accused of cheating, but then again, none of those teams has come close to the amount of consistent winning over the past two decades as we've seen from the Patriots. Its the amount of winning/dominance that creates these excuse-making cheating accusations.
I'm sorry man, that's not true.

From the very instant the Tuck Rule was enforced in '02, they've been after us for winning.

They're still saying we cheated in the '02 AFCCG. It's why Goodell stretched the camera nonsense back years in his '07 diatribe.

Prior to that, it was for losing or for ownership's ineptitude.

Either way, it's been going on since the merger in '70.

Why did guys like Tarkenton and OJ freak out losing to us? Because they look down on us.

Last edited:
First, I read the entire angry OP, and didn't see - in Wilbon's or Harrison's words - any reference to people being white or black, or any mention of race. Look in the mirror, dude.

Second, given the name of the thread, I proclaim that Predict The Score Derangement shall from this day forward be abbreviated PTSD.

I am surprised they caught Lewis in one of his lucid moments where he is not rehashing some non-sequitur bible verses wrongly or contradicts himself at least 2-3 times within the same amount of sentences. What a dink..

WE ARE THE MIGHTY EMPTY GARAGE! NOT IN MY HOUSE!

Hard to top the overt racist sub-moronicism of the past 48 hours but the flood of vitriolic hatred and racist bigotry emanating from ESPN and other media outlets is simply staggering.

I would like to point out the supreme hypocrisy and overt racism of Michael Wilbon as an example. Please feel free to add the screaming diatribes of the Jemelles and Parkers of the media landscape.

from 2009...In Wilbon's World: Belichick's arrogance - Michael Wilbon
"
But no great coach, no head coach with multiple Super Bowl victories, would have made that call -- except the most arrogant great coach of them all, Bill Belichick. And the decision to try and pick up those two yards in Indianapolis last night instead of punting, fittingly, is the most arrogant end-of-game decision I've ever seen in 40-plus years of watching pro football.

Not surprisingly, Tom Brady said he loved the call; would you really expect the Golden Boy QB to publicly second-guess his coach in the moments immediately following one of the most dramatic endings in modern NFL history? But you'll forgive me if I take my cue from one of Belichick's former players, Rodney Harrison now of NBC's "Football Night in America," who has the guts to talk it like he played it. Harrison was honest enough to tell the viewers that his old coach, a man he respects and loves, made a "the worst decision" he'd ever seen.'

His overt racism was always there as anyone can see from his screed form 2009. He made it out that Belechick AND Brady are arrogant WHITE people and used Harrison as his "black guy" proof. No, THIS is just ONE example of Wilbon's simmering racist hatred.

Here's the famous Wilbon Patriot hit piece from 2007, wherein he infers that the entire Patriot organization is classless and riddled with white racism...read it and jog your memory about the Shula hysteria over 19-0
Michael Wilbon - Weighing In, Shula Has Heavy Words

Ban the Pats from the Super Bowl? Yup..Wilbon the 10 dozen donut eating moron again...
ESPN hates the New England Patriots | nePatriotsLife.com - New England Patriots Fan Site, Blog, T-shirts
Earlier this week, Pardon the Interruption's Michael Wilbon had the balls to say this:

“The Patriots franchise is on probation as far as I’m concerned, from Spygate,” Wilbon said on Monday’s show [Pardon the Interruption], according to NESN.com. “If you’re a cheater, and you’re a multiple time cheater, I would say to the New England Patriots, ‘You know what we’re going to do? If this is found to be true, like today, tomorrow, the next 72 hours, the next three days, you know what? You’re forfeiting your spot in the Super Bowl. We’re vacating it. Get out! You’re a cheater, you’re a lying franchise.’"

Unbridled vicious UNSUBSTANTIATED hatred? Here ya' go...from media row before the Pats/Seattle game

Bill Belichick is a liar, correct?

Mike Wilbon
(1:45 PM)

I don't know that specifically...I do think he presides over a culture of cheating and challenged ethics.

Steven [via mobile]

Do you think some of this negative press for the Patriots is a result of poor/irresponsible reporting or just a reap what you sow situation?

Mike Wilbon
(1:47 PM)

the latter. What irresponsible reporting. The Patriots brought ALL of this on themselves, so I don't want to hear "media's fault." The media isn't ripping any other team for cheating. The media isn't accusing the Seahawks of cheating, just New England. And by the way, these are NFL PLAYERS, current and former, who are weighing in. Richard Sherman ain't a member of the media, Steven, he's in the Super Bowl and he ripped the Patriots apart yesterday, which I hope is where we begin PTI...

Phelps wins the most golds in Olympic history? Here's Wilbon's immediate response mocking Phelps achievements and insinuating Carl Lewis and Jesse Owens achievements far outstrip the pathetic swimmer, Phelps..I mean, this is not made up, this is a viciously RACIST POS at work here...
Wilbon: Is Phelps the best Olympian ever?

"as long as they got that guy in the hoodie and Mr Goldie Boy it don't matter"...Wilbon's utterly blatant racist diatribe goes unchallenged? Go to the 8 minute mark and just watch the dripping hatred ooze from his bloated face...

I'm sick of sitting silentlyby as this vicious unmitigated assault on all of us here in New England goes unchallenged...especially the prattlings and mewlings of an incredibly overt racist hate monger. This idiot is WHY we have had a proliferation of the Jemelles and Parkers across the media platforms. It IS unbridled racist hate being leveled at all of us and I for one am sick of taking it.

Two things to add:

During the 2007 season, Wilbon advocated knocking Brady out of a game with a cheap shot:

And if I was on the opposing team, I'd hit Tom Brady with everything I had as late as I could and take the penalty and join the fight that would surely follow. Football is a violent game and there's got to be somebody out there sharpening his fan[g]s for the Patriots Golden Boy in the 4th quarter one of these weeks.

I couldn't find the original article or chat, but there was a thread about this on the board at the time. Wilbon's not against cheap shots, just as long as they hurt a player he doesn't like. If someone on a team he hates does it, then it's the worst thing in the world.

I also noticed in that 2007 article on Shula that Tony Dungy is quoted prominently, saying how terrible what the Patriots did was. Earlier this year, Deion Sanders pointed out that Dungy's Colts were stealing signals. Dungy's defense was that everyone was doing it, but his team was doing it legally. Dungy could have said that 10 years ago, but he saw an opportunity to bury a rival and went all in. That doesn't really fit with the high character public persona he maintains.

I remember him advocating a hard hit on Brady for running up the score but I forgot that he actually called for a late hit with with "everything they got" line. What a hypocrite.

Two things to add:

During the 2007 season, Wilbon advocated knocking Brady out of a game with a cheap shot:

I couldn't find the original article or chat, but there was a thread about this on the board at the time. Wilbon's not against cheap shots, just as long as they hurt a player he doesn't like. If someone on a team he hates does it, then it's the worst thing in the world.

I also noticed in that 2007 article on Shula that Tony Dungy is quoted prominently, saying how terrible what the Patriots did was. Earlier this year, Deion Sanders pointed out that Dungy's Colts were stealing signals. Dungy's defense was that everyone was doing it, but his team was doing it legally. Dungy could have said that 10 years ago, but he saw an opportunity to bury a rival and went all in. That doesn't really fit with the high character public persona he maintains.
Dale and Holley with Keefe had a phone interview with Wilbon this afternoon that got really heated and nasty. I bet those guys would LOVE to see that Wilbon quote about Brady.

First, I read the entire angry OP, and didn't see - in Wilbon's or Harrison's words - any reference to people being white or black, or any mention of race. Look in the mirror, dude.

Second, given the name of the thread, I proclaim that Predict The Score Derangement shall from this day forward be abbreviated PTSD.
Wilbon did bring race into Gronks and Brady's treatment for their transgressions and basically said they were given more of a pass because they were white. He even made a point that Gronk was a white man hitting a black man in the back of the head. He didn't say that's why he did it but suggested that the league or media used that as a reason for not punishing him more based on the fact that lesser percieved hits got the same punishment. He called it racial politics I think.......oh and with Brady he thought aBrady got away with his outburst with Josh because he's white and that a black guy wouldn't have

Last edited:
i want to cut cable so bad. but i cant give up the celtics and the bruins. i dont think there is streaming for nesn and nbc sports boston.

It’s OK, I won’t cut the wire either. I love my directv and all 88,000 channels ( I only watch maybe 20). I’ll pay my buck and a half every month because for me, it’s worth it.

The key thing though is I have this remote and all I have to do is hit a button idiots like Wilbon and most all of the BSPN talking heads are gone ( exception tedy b and one or two others).

Gronkowski has been a target of the media because a.) he's a New England Patriot and b.) he's white. c.) he stood for the anthem

PERIOD

END

OF

STORY

I agree with a) in your post but b) is highly questionable and c) is just ludicrous. This whole anthem thing has reduced people's reasoning ability to an elementary school level.

You do realize hundreds of players stood for the anthem and weren't specifically targeted for doing so right? When has anyone ever said anything about Gronk and the anthem? Why do you feel such a knee-jerk reaction to lash out about it and see all football discourse through the lens of whether players kneel for the anthem? Holy hell.

Edit: it occurred to me that maybe you were joking, in which case, well played. But I can't tell with this board anymore!

Wilbon did bring race into Gronks and Brady's treatment for their transgressions and basically said they were given more of a pass because they were white. He even made a point that Gronk was a white man hitting a black man in the back of the head. He didn't say that why he did it but suggested that the league or media used that as a reason for not punishing home more based on the fact that lesser percieved hits got the same punishment. He called it racial politics I think.......oh and with Brady he thought aBrady got away with his outburst with Josh because he's white and that a black guy wouldn't have
Yeah, Wilbon said repeatedly that he didn't believe Gronk hit the guy because the guy was black. But, Wilbon was really angry and, frankly, at times sounded unhinged. He had a really contentious exchange with Keefe during which he (Wilbon) was all over the place. Holley and Wilbon also had some sharp disagreements. It was really strange.

I agree with a) in your post but b) is highly questionable and c) is just ludicrous. This whole anthem thing has reduced people's reasoning ability to an elementary school level.

You do realize hundreds of players stood for the anthem and weren't specifically targeted for doing so right? When has anyone ever said anything about Gronk and the anthem? Why do you feel such a knee-jerk reaction to lash out about it and see all football discourse through the lens of whether players kneel for the anthem? Holy hell.

Edit: it occurred to me that maybe you were joking, in which case, well played. But I can't tell with this board anymore!

Based on that poster's history, it was dead serious.

So you're saying Gronk, Brady, and BB are being racially discriminated against?

Sounds like someone needs a safe space.

Do yourselves a favor and LISTEN to the vicious, unbridled RACISM of Michael Wilbon on EEI last afternoon. He believes HE speaks for "the rest of America, outside of racist Boston". He is a rat ba$tard cokk$ukker. EOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back