PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ESPN hitpiece on Patriots (Rift with Brady/Belichick/Kraft) - Merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you. I do not understand why so many are down on Brady. I don’t see the wisdom in that

Yep, sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you. I do not understand why so many are down on Brady. I don’t see the wisdom in that
Watch the game day threads after a 3 and out . For the past 10 yrs.

Watch the game day threads after a 3 and out . For the past 10 yrs.

I’ve seen them many times. I’ve been in there ranting with the whole Lott as well and can’t help myself at times. I’m almost a schizophrenic when the game is on. These dumb stories though make him seem terrible.
The conspiracy against the team is reaching a JFK level. Operation mongoose revisited lol

Weak article from Curran. I read it all, a shame really. I thought better of him than to put out that.

Most of the local media has gone out of its way to defend the Wickersham piece because it got a few things right, rather than to do what they should have, which is to eviscerate it for getting so many things wrong, according to their own sources, and then do a point by point investigation. I wish I could call that bizarre, but that's become media move #1 nowadays.

Why have we we've not had a story on the Ommissioner's whereabouts for the entire week in question, for example?

This is the part where Curran goes off his meds, acts as if Wickersham is spitting facts and makes brady look like a whiny crybaby.
He not only gives credence to the bs he implies brady believes it and is acting out because of it, while he decides to take the approach that he know what is in Brady’s head. Very weak.

Exactly what part here is going off meds ? Seriously apart from his writing voice there is not a single incoherent or unreasonable paragraph in there. Every ****ing sentence makes sense..

And you’re getting that familiar vibe of seller’s remorse from within your own team. The vibe that you’re not really supposed to be here anymore. That the guy who was drafted in 2014 because of “Tom’s age and contract status” was supposed to be the one still here. The future.

JG was drafted and groomed as Bradys replacement in 2014. BB even clearly alluded to the QB situation during the JG draft press conference.

And you’re thinking to yourself about the hits you’ve taken while recalling that - in 2016, at age 24 – Garoppolo couldn’t make it through six quarters as your replacement.

Again, facts. Brady has been practicing his ass off to even have some modicum of control over how to fall when hit. JG goes out and carelessly ****s up his shoulder while being 2 scores up, in the redzone because he doesnt know when to take a loss an then how to turn his body away from injury.

And you’re remembering that – after winning two Super Bowls in three seasons – there was still a resistance from the team to buy into you all summer. Even though you’d gone one better than just winning those Super Bowls – you were playing at an MVP level through the first part of the season, there was no as-promised contract extension to validate your decision to sink roots and raise your family here.

Again we heard before (and after) the SB about a potential Brady extension from multiple sources. This is not something that is being made up.

You think about the fact that the guy who’s helped change your workout routine so that you can accept the beating you take – Alex Guerrero – has been marginalized and lampooned.

Spot on and this is not about him not being allowed on the sideline of flights anymore. This is how various newspapers and journalists have made fun of Guerrero and his methods. Think about him whatever you want but what he does seems to be working for Brady, Gronk and others. Gronk specifically gave credit to Guerrero at the end of the regular season and reportedly booked an appointment with him almost immediately after the serious back surgery.

You think about how – for the first time in 18 years – you tried to branch out off the field with something you were passionate about and how the eye-rolling and dismissiveness rained down until Guerrero was exiled.

Another bullseye. Similar to before you can agree or disagree with the entire TB12 crap but for Brady this lifestyle is working and he chose it as a potential post-career business venture. And again he ran into (sometimes deserved) ridicule from media and trainers for it.

And you return to the sideline after an incompletion against the Bills in early December. You are being looked at as the golden goose with only so many golden eggs left to squeeze out. You are 40. Jimmy’s gone and they are stuck with you. Everything you do after all these years is seen through the prism of age. You feel there’s a bogus expiration date on your forehead.

Another bingo. This board alone proofs that everything about Brady will be see through the prism of age. While the guy himself is saying again and again that he feels no sign of slowing down and maintains that he thinks he will be able to do this for another 3-4 years. And yet everything becomes about the age.

The only part that I really didnt see necessary in the entire article was how he connects it back to Brady cursing and essentially makes it less about McDaniels but at the world just to end the article on a punchline. But he started the article with how Sham wrote about that scene in Buffalo so this puts a nice (writers) bow on it. In fact, it almost makes it satire.

I am the last person to agree with a lot of what Guerrero is saying or the TB12 program is doing but this article was written from Bradys POV so it makes sense that he would be affected by how both of those things are treated in the public discourse.

Last edited:
Of all the stuff, sadly this is what I believe to be true. This pseudoscience crap is causing unnecessary distractions & tensions.
So what? Just my 2 cents but Pseudoscience is everywhere and most thinking people ignore it or process it for what it is. Sounds more like someone with an axe to grind used it to stab TB in the back....like some fans here.

@QuantumMechanic is referring to the end of your post:

And there are definitely Garrapolites who believe, all you have to do is listen to talk radio to hear it. I have not, however, seen anyone here say that it I would have quoted them. And that doesn’t change the fact that quoting Volin in a thread about media perspective on this is a completely valid thing to do.

What the hell was this?

Is Curran really taking on the responsibility to explain to us all the reasons Tom has to be pissed off at the world, BB and Kraft?

He cherry picked aspects of Wickershams article to justify his own.

So Curran is now speculating that under all zen, life is great stuff Tom says, he is pissed off, feeling under appreciated and a disgruntled employee who has been taken advantage of time and time again.

Great work, Curran. You are now in Wickershamville
I think many of the local media are pissed that they didn't write something like this, cause they had most of this "info" for awhile now. they are kicking themselves in the ass for not being more ruthless . Bedard was spouting more of the same .

I think many of the local media are pissed that they didn't write something like this, cause they had most of this "info" for awhile now. they are kicking themselves in the ass for not being more ruthless . Bedard was spouting more of the same .
That and the article didn't have the impact they were hoping for. Since it's starting to wind down, they are taking a different angle in the hopes of adding a feather to their caps.

Bedards take was calmer but a stretch in some areas and Curran paints a picture of a digruntled pissed off Tom

Am I forgetting how it used to be, or was it really true that it used to be you trusted the media?
now weei morning show, BB helped get this article out to teach TB and Kraft a lesson .
TB for AG and his media endeavors and Kraft for JG . OK but why now, why not after season?
Of all the radio show only dale and Holley was listenable last night .
Poor Reiss, nothing to say cause he is not used to putting out bs

Exactly what part here is going off meds ? Seriously apart from his writing voice there is not a single incoherent or unreasonable paragraph in there. Every ****ing sentence makes sense..

JG was drafted and groomed as Bradys replacement in 2014. BB even clearly alluded to the QB situation during the JG draft press conference.

Again, facts. Brady has been practicing his ass off to even have some modicum of control over how to fall when hit. JG goes out and carelessly ****s up his shoulder while being 2 scores up, in the redzone because he doesnt know when to take a loss an then how to turn his body away from injury.

Again we heard before (and after) the SB about a potential Brady extension from multiple sources. This is not something that is being made up.

Spot on and this is not about him not being allowed on the sideline of flights anymore. This is how various newspapers and journalists have made fun of Guerrero and his methods. Think about him whatever you want but what he does seems to be working for Brady, Gronk and others. Gronk specifically gave credit to Guerrero at the end of the regular season and reportedly booked an appointment with him almost immediately after the serious back surgery.

Another bullseye. Similar to before you can agree or disagree with the entire TB12 crap but for Brady this lifestyle is working and he chose it as a potential post-career business venture. And again he ran into (sometimes deserved) ridicule from media and trainers for it.

Another bingo. This board alone proofs that everything about Brady will be see through the prism of age. While the guy himself is saying again and again that he feels no sign of slowing down and maintains that he thinks he will be able to do this for another 3-4 years. And yet everything becomes about the age.

The only part that I really didnt see necessary in the entire article was how he connects it back to Brady cursing and essentially makes it less about McDaniels but at the world just to end the article on a punchline. But he started the article with how Sham wrote about that scene in Buffalo so this puts a nice (writers) bow on it. In fact, it almost makes it satire.

I am the last person to agree with a lot of what Guerrero is saying or the TB12 program is doing but this article was written from Bradys POV so it makes sense that he would be affected by how both of those things are treated in the public discourse.
If you want to believe that brady sits around feeling sorry for himself and perceives everything from the most negative possible standpoint because Tom Curran decided to write an article coloring him that way, that’s your prerogative but i see it as a weak attempt to stooo to Wickershams level and create something where it doesn’t exist. Brady’s own words refute the premise of this article completely and entirely.

The “info” is Guerrero overextended his welcome and the patriots traded their backup qb. The rest is hogwash.
But yes I think these writers are being admonished for not creating a story to grab attention like Wickersham did. If he could turn minor fact into major attention grabbing fiction why didn’t they think of that.

If you want to believe that brady sits around feeling sorry for himself and perceives everything from the most negative possible standpoint because Tom Curran decided to write an article coloring him that way, that’s your prerogative but i see it as a weak attempt to stooo to Wickershams level and create something where it doesn’t exist. Brady’s own words refute the premise of this article completely and entirely.

So once again you have nothing. Cool..

This stuff keeps getting written because fans of other teams want to see Brady get knocked off his perch, they want to believe the Pats are finished etc. it does not matter what is true - people like being told what they want to hear.

This stuff keeps getting written because fans of other teams want to see Brady get knocked off his perch, they want to believe the Pats are finished etc. it does not matter what is true - people like being told what they want to hear.
It's not just fans of other teams who want to see Brady get knocked off his perch. It's also media members and many of them are those working right here in NE. To me, the most illuminating element in this whole Wickersham fiasco has been the surprising number of local media Brady haters. There's a lot of them, more than the "usual suspects" we've known about for a long time.

Why have we we've not had a story on the Ommissioner's whereabouts for the entire week in question, for example?

Volin tweeted about it. He had it confirmed from Goodell's minions that no meeting took place.

ESPN then changed the wording on WickerSHAM's original story to eliminate the description of the timing of the meeting so that even if they met last year it couldn't be held up as a lie, based upon the story as it is now posted.

That is the level of sleaze we are dealing with at ESPN.

It should have been picked up by bigger fish than Volin, who seems to discount it as being important.

Ben Volin‏Verified account @BenVolin
NFL's Joe Lockhart says Roger Goodell did not meet with Belichick in the past week, as was written in ESPN Mag. Lockhart says there was a meeting maybe this past offseason. "That happened last year, not within the past week."

8:18 AM - 5 Jan 2018

Not sure if this has been posted in the last 40 pages of this thread. Interesting perspective.

Tom Brady Is Drowning In His Own Pseudoscience
Well that swimming analogy sort of highlights the problem. Brady isn't drowning in his pseuscience, he breaking Michael Phelps' Olympic records in it. He's been more successful for a longer period than anyone else.

The article tries to explain this away with:
It could be that he’s blessed with a strong arm and a sturdy frame

Sure, except that that describes almost every QB to ever play in the NFL and most in College. Those similar athletes did not have similar results. And I think suggesting Brady is just blessed by winning the genetic athletics lottery compared to other NFL quarterbacks is far fetched.

Made the mistake of tuning in to ESPN while channel surfing yesterday. There was a group of commentators discussing the Wickersham story. Going in, their overriding assumption was that the story is a true and accurate snapshot of life in the Patriots' world. As for the statements made by Kraft, BB and TB12, while they didn't actually use the "L" word, they said everything said by them is untrue. The only positive note for the Patriots was their ability to put all these distractions behind them and continue toward their goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News