• Yes

Votes: 136 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 81 37.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd rounder seemed a bit steep of an asking price for a half a year rental, but we’re pretty desperate now

He is signed through 2020 with a $6.5 milion cap hit. This is a good deal for a versatile receiver.

two days ago half of you clowns were running around here fretting like 4 year old girls about the big bad Jets and their wonderboy QB...today you're pontificating about a move the team makes to sure up the receiving corps, an area of need YOU constantly harped about the past five weeks. Jeezus krist, do any of you understand the word HYPOCRITE?

Fans aren’t qualified to assess your question professionally. Sure we can all have our opinion, but no one’s opinion is more than....an opinion

If we traded a second round pick for Sanu, then he must be worth it.

Man, sometimes I think some Patsfans believe they’re NFL player personnel experts. Anyone that believes that is wrong.

Fans aren’t qualified to assess your question professionally. Sure we can all have our opinion, but no one’s opinion is more than....an opinion

Man, sometimes I think some Patsfans believe they’re NFL player personnel experts. Anyone that believes that is wrong.

Fans get these right. Teams get these wrong. It happens with regularity. The same is true of FA signings and the draft.

Fans get these right. Teams get these wrong. It happens with regularity. The same is true of FA signings and the draft.
Hahaha! Some may get it right, but that doesn’t change what I posted

No one here is an NFL personnel expert Dues. All we have are opinions

It annoyed me when I saw it this morning. But after reading a lot of commentary - especially from Falcons fans - I'm kind of excited for this guy now.

Too early to tell if it was an overpay, though, I want to see what he delivers this season and next.

All those NFL personnel experts have is opinions. That's kind of the point with this stuff. These aren't long physics equations solvable only by the barest minimum number of people on the planet. These are trades/FA signings/draft decisions.

It's a moot point. The deal is done. Just hope BillB extends Sanu (3-4yrs) to reduce the cap hit.

As long as Sanu can get open and not drop passes... :rolleyes:

2nd rounder seemed a bit steep of an asking price for a half a year rental, but we’re pretty desperate now

As others have said already. He is under contract for 2020 on a very favorable cap hit.

I agree, NFL player personnel experts have never screwed up and are always correct, this is definitely a take that stands up to scrutiny, and we should all just stop posting our opinions or posting at all really because everything that happens must have been the perfect decision since all decisions have been made for a reason and that reason is inarguable

totally worth it this year

Brady does not throw to second round picks. This guys a veteran. Expect Brady to make him look like a pro-Bowler.

Bring back Dola too for a bag of balls plus a mill

So uh, why are you a message board? What a ludicrous take.

Btw the "experts" are wrong all the time.

Is a 30 y/o Sanu’s value equal to a second round pick? That’s the real question.

Was our second round pick worth what Sanu can provide for our injury riddled and thin receiving group? Yes.

Last I checked the main one was about Berrios now.

good one! I did laugh out loud that an ex-patriot fumbled in such a brutal fashion. I was watching the game with a bunch of folks from all over the US and they just rolled their eyes. More Patriots magic!

You have a team built to get to the Super Bowl ...
It's not an overpay to fill in the holes...you make trades for this year.

They did ......

Honestly, I would rather have Sanders but from what I hear, the Pats have a good coach that knows a lot about football. I will agree with him. Plus the Pats tend to get more out of players than other teams - ie, Kyle Van Noy. So I see good things in the future for Sanu!

i heard from someone at work he was a free agent next year, this is the first ive been at my computer or the forums since this morning so just catching up on the details now

If we have him for all of next year as well, then a late 2nd rounder makes a lot more sense

Last edited:
They’re trading a pick likely in the 61-64 range of the draft. I think people freak out when they hear “second round!” like there are a bunch of can’t miss blue chips left on the board. If the Dolphins or Redskins traded a third round pick, people would probably think it’s pretty fair. It’s basically the same draft pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes