SOURCE:Yahoo! Sports

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Eagles
Sun
Nov 17th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Tough Result
The Ravens made a couple of key plays and handed the Patriots their first loss of the 2019 season.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

POLL: Is Sanu worth a 2nd rounder ?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by TB12GOATQB, Oct 22, 2019.

?

Is Sanu worth a 2nd round pick?

Poll closed Oct 24, 2019.
  1. Yes

136 vote(s)
    62.7%
  2. No

81 vote(s)
    37.3%
  1. Simpelton

Simpelton In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,629
    We are in the closing years of a championship window. Spending what you have to in order to bring home one or two final rings is always worth it.

We're going to have to go into a semi-rebuild anyway when Brady retires. It's not going to be an easy matter to remain a top contender without him. I'm down for making moves to bring home the bacon for as long as he's still here

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. cscirpoli

cscirpoli Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,358
    I also remember Sanu killing us in the first half of the Superbowl...so I like it and I'm good with the pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. SlowGettingUp

SlowGettingUp Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2,002
    That's my prediction.

Sanu is big (6'2") and an excellent blocker with very good hands. So he helps both in the running game and the red zone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sliplady

Sliplady Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +259
    I get what guys are saying. The day Tom walks away will be like a funeral, but I suggest that this team has never stopped rebuilding. This defense is rebuilt. Can they win a SB without Tom? In years past, no. With a refreshed O-line, running game, and QB who is a good manager? You can no longer say no. The Pats become human again, but it is still possible. At there very least, we still compete for a championship. We are no Jets, Phins, Skins, Raiders, Bucs, Browns, etc...

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  5. captain stone

captain stone Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +8,612
    Once again, Little Billy gets anal-raped in a trade with one of his former proteges...He should've told Dimitroff that the 2nd-rounder is for Austin Hooper ONLY, and that if Tommy Boy didn't like it then he can go FECK OFF...But Noooooo...

Unless Harry & especially Gordon are hurt worse than we have been led to believe, then adding old expensive Slo-Mo doesn't do Jack Feckin Sh!t to help this truly offensive offense.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  6. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! Goodell sucks PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22,622
    In a vacuum I'd say probably not, but this team is basically WR and some OL help from being a borderline Super Bowl shoe-in, so I'm okay with it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! Goodell sucks PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +22,622
    I get that this is your shtick, but literally everything in this post is probably the dumbest thing I've read anywhere on the internet this week.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. BobDigital

BobDigital Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +14,372
    Is he worth pick 60-64? I don't think so. But let's see what he is. This year we get him super cheap and next year he is worth 6.5M with no dead money. That makes it easy to extend him or let him play it out. The contract isn't bad for a WR.

As for his production in 4 of the past 5 years he has gotten about 750-800 yards. The one year he didn't get it he was buried on the depth chart a bit. Overall when given the chance to be a top 3 WR and given looks he produces reasonably well.

He's 6'2 215 lbs and i think 29 years old with little to no injury history. For the next 2 years he should be able to continue to produce at that level. Considering how Gordon has looked even when healthy he would probably be our #2 WR right now.

While I don't think it's a good deal it depends what they do with him. If they trade him next year for a 3rd round pick I'd like this deal a lot more. I'd be happy to drop from 64 to 84 to have Sanu for this year. There isn't a huge difference between those picks talent wise anyway. If they pull that off I'd be happy and call it a win.

At this point it clear that they will need to do most of their damage with their WRs. Burkhead will hopefully be healthy for the playoffs. We saw what Watson can do (he's serviceable) and know what the other TE's can't do.

White is good but we don't want to over use him.

Really it will all come down to how well our WRs can play. I don't want to depend on Gordon to be there. He seems committed but doesn't look the same as last year and has been nicked up. Meyers is fine but only that. Edelman and Dorsett will be good but not enough and we don't know what we have with Harry yet. While I hate the price it's clear another dependable target was needed. Sanu is that. We know what he is. We know he will be on the field.

Now hopefully we get Wynn back and the offense between Sanu and Watson along with guys getting healthy should have enough to be competitive.

9. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +458
    Sanu is the real deal... We will be loving this guy

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  10. DW Toys

DW Toys In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,036
    Three thirds actually. 14 Picks in the 2020 Draft minus the one for Sanu. Rather have AB but the "Team" is more of a concept than Sanu.
    OK ...next.... a TE. Is Hooper or Howard worth a first? ....Blaspheme you say Cousins? You have two 24 year old kids who have actually performed in the NFL. If TE is a need going forward and we will spend a high pick anyway, is a first rounder a good value for a proven young TE? Of course. Drafting any kid is a crap shoot.
    How many of the thirteen Draft picks we have in 2020 make the Team?
    Cook was worth a first rounder. He made a difference.

Targets:
    Hooper= Maybe a first. Young and good
    Howard=Maybe a first. Young and could be better.
    Shaheen=The Bears need D line, Maybe Bennett trade. Maybe the "sleeper" trade.
    Higbee=The Rams need D Line. Higbee has fewer catches than his back up Everett. Michael Bennett Trade here. Bennett and Donald under Wade Wilson might be huge for them. Matthews injury doid not help them. Think Higbee is an upgrade on both Izzo and LaCosse.
    "He’s a good blocker in the running and passing game, which is important in a play-action-heavy offense. He’s not afraid to line up across from defensive ends, block defenders after motioning across the formation or get to the second and third levels on outside runs."
    His contract is at issue. The good news, he's signed for 4 more years. The bad he gets $8mm in 2020 although it gets lower per year, but as the yearly Salaries increase, it might bea cheap contract. He'll never replace Gronk. He's better than what we have now and much better than Dwayne Allen all around. He's a 25-30 catch guy. He's what they want from Izzo, but so far mixed reviews on him. Both Teams save Draft Capital and the Rams just took a hit there.
    Eifert=Makes the most sense for mid round pick. Always hurt. Cheap contract.
    Jeff Heuerman?= Maybe. As a back up, more catches in Denver than out present TE roster and that ain't much. Low pick value which we have.

DW Toys

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  11. TB12GOATQB

TB12GOATQB Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +352
    Thanks for all the votes so far! It has now turned into the blowout I expected.

Let's hope Sanu proves us right, as the real answer will come as the season unfolds!

12. Hyped

Hyped PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,547
    I voted no even though I liked the trade.

We paid a premium as the Falcons could have shopped Sanu elsewhere and almost certainly netted a low 3rd.

In the grand scheme of things....we will be fine. Some teams out there don't have first round picks at all...and some have two...but are paying the price for that in the loss column.

13. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +9,622
    After the bye, we have Edelman-Dorsett-Sanu-Meyers-Harry, with Gordon questionable.

We just need to re-sign Dorsett for 2020.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. DaBronxPats14

DaBronxPats14 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3,076
    We know what we have next two seasons, I'm cool with it, solid, versatile.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mainefan

Mainefan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +68
  16. Horace's Ivories

Horace's Ivories PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +1,478
    He is worth a "Patriot's" 2nd rounder

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +52,698
    If it's an overpayment, it's not that much of one, particularly given the market.

Interestingly, at least to me, this team seems now to be in pretty good shape at WR for next year, with 4 WRs under contract, and the other two (Dorsett/Gordon) as guys who could well fall into the Patriots re-sign price range.

18. JarOfMayo51

JarOfMayo51 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6,443
    2nd rounder seemed a bit steep of an asking price for a half a year rental, but we’re pretty desperate now

• Confused Confused x 1
  19. Patstastic

Patstastic Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1,513
    Other teams would've matched the offer or maybe beaten it. So whether he's worth it or not is moot. The Patriots needed another receiver. They paid the price. Jaylen Brown isn't worth the contract the Celtics just gave him. But they knew they needed him in order to contend. Obviously the Patriots could've still won a SB without Sanu. But having him helps them more than it hurts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. goheels22002

goheels22002 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7,666
    If Mohamed Sanu catches a pass against the Browns he will be worth it. If he does not, it's another example of Bill Belichick the GM killing Bill Belichick the head coach.

Rinse. Repeat.

If Mohamed Sanu catches a pass against the Ravens he will be worth it. If he does not, it's another example of Bill Belichick the GM killing Bill Belichick the head coach.

Rinse. Repeat.

• Funny Funny x 1