Votes: 136 62.7%
  • No

Votes: 81 37.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats had little choice.

Hopefully he jump starts the passing game.

A Pats 2nd is basically a third. The answer is yer regardless because it is a position of need on a major Super Bowl contender.

Manny Sanders would have been a worst pick.

No, it's just that I read/saw that tweet a dozen times and you are just quoting from it. Just retweet the tweet and be done with it.
And don't call me a troll since you don't know a thing about me posting anything of the like in the past.
Carry on.

Which thread are you going to troll me in next? I don't need to know you. I just described your behavior.

I think it’s worth it. My reasons are that brown is gone, Gordon’s busted up, Jules is ailing, Dorset is ailing, we got almost nothing at TE. The o line is not great, the run game is not great because of all this. Damn! How do you go from brown, Gordon, Jules and Dorset to this? So, yeah, I’m down with the trade

why didnt we do this last week in the middle of our mini bye?

A Pats 2nd is basically a third. The answer is yer regardless because it is a position of need on a major Super Bowl contender.
I don't like this logic of it being "basically a third". Does that mean the three third round picks we have next year are "basically fourths"? Why does nobody every phrase it like that? If we had the first pick in the third round, people would be saying it's "basically a second". It's just mental gymnastics.

I don't think Sanu is worth a second, but WR was a big need. This team is going to have a tough time going deep in the playoffs with the WRs they had. I think it's okay to overpay to push for a deep playoff run -- well, in this case, deep SB run -- and that's what they were trying to do here.

I am intrigued by his high catch %, which seems extremely high throughout his career.

Yes. We traded a crap shoot for a player we need now that looks like he'll be a good fit. TFB is probably happier this morning too.

There is a difference between hoarding picks in the later rounds than it is in the higher rounds.

I think ATL needed to confirm they were out of it and Josh's injury situation became clearer

Josh might go to IR. I’d hate that. We need him healthy for post bye

Paying a premium for quality addressing a need and overpaying for something are not the same thing.

I don't like this logic of it being "basically a third". Does that mean the three third round picks we have next year are "basically fourths"? Why does nobody every phrase it like that? If we had the first pick in the third round, people would be saying it's "basically a second". It's just mental gymnastics.

If the Oakland rumors are true, and they don't have a 2nd round pick, then they were probably offering a 3rd. So the Pats had to offer a 2 to get it done, but that's not terrible, because the Pats 2 and the Raiders 3 are probably only 10 spots apart.

In theory, it is 10 spots in the draft.

Probably because BB and Brady wanted give the present group of WRs one last assessment.

I had a feeling once the flood of votes came in, the yes would overwhelm the curmudgeons who hoard draft picks in their closet.

My guess is that Brady is shooting for Peyton Mannings TD record this season. Brady was ecstatic to get AB in the offense for a good reason. Also, Brady even made statements years ago that he had playing days ahead of him when Manning was near retirement. Maybe a personal goal set by Brady.

Our second is practically a 3rd. And with all the picks we have amassed, I'm ok with it. Plus, he can throw. If TB moves to CT, Sanu can take over. He can split snaps with Edelman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back