PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots releasing Bodine..

Status
Not open for further replies.
our defense had better be all world...

What does green Ellis have to do with brossette?

There was a discussion about talent and coaching. Someone said can coaching make someone into Barry Sanders? I said no but it can make them serviceable like green Ellis.

I attempted to read a 83 post 2 Bills Drive thread about Bodine being cut but only made it through the first page.
After the tenth time a poster mentioned that the trade only happened so Pats could get info about the Bills I realized they are not living in the real world.

Reading the Bills forum is comical. They really think Bodine was brought in for intel on how the Bills offense operates. Will be looking forward to how they react if Bodine is brought back after week 1.

All fan bases do this. There's this idea that won't go away that teams are getting all this amazing "intel" from departed players. It's absurd. Think about how many guys are with teams and then are out on the street....teams could get this magical intel from them for the price of a steak sandwich, but fans will continue to think that teams will actually sign guys to their rosters for this information. It's hilarious.

There was a discussion about talent and coaching. Someone said can coaching make someone into Barry Sanders? I said no but it can make them serviceable like green Ellis.
But it cant if they aren’t as good as green Ellis.

All fan bases do this. There's this idea that won't go away that teams are getting all this amazing "intel" from departed players. It's absurd. Think about how many guys are with teams and then are out on the street....teams could get this magical intel from them for the price of a steak sandwich, but fans will continue to think that teams will actually sign guys to their rosters for this information. It's hilarious.

I remember people thought that was why Woodhead was brought in.

I wonder if this is just temporary. Bodine doesn’t have to go through waivers (unlike the other two backup OL), and they kinda need somebody who knows the playbook to be ready in case of a Karras injury.

I agree. Plus I think it's something BB has done before. I a vet (or any player, I forget wich) is on the roster past a certain day his salary becomes fully guarenteed. So IIRC, Bill occassionally releases guys for the first game of the season then adds them back after the first game.

I think this primarily a bookkeeping move. If Bodine had been cut after Sunday I'd be looking at this totally differently.

The Bills are cute if they think BB has ever needed “intel” on their team to beat them. Imagine. He could start a team today, made up entirely of FAs looking for jobs and by the time the Bills game rolls around, he’d beat them by double digits.

I remember people thought that was why Woodhead was brought in.

So were going to assume the Colts won't ask Hoyer a single question about the Patriots. Ok

It's the single, most prominent dumb, stupid, moronic, idiotic, ridiculous, phony, false take there is on this topic. Jesus, this isn't 1970...

So were going to assume the Colts won't ask Hoyer a single question about the Patriots. Ok
They can ask all they want. Nothing he can tell them will make one iota of a difference when these teams play one another. Nothing. It's an urban myth.

They all play variants of the same thing anyway. And they all pretty much know what each teams does.

The Bills are cute if they think BB has ever needed “intel” on their team to beat them. Imagine. He could start a team today, made up entirely of FAs looking for jobs and by the time the Bills game rolls around, he’d beat them by double digits.

No need to sign castoffs.

Just. Watch. Film.

They can ask all they want. Nothing he can tell them will make one iota of a difference when these teams play one another. Nothing. It's an urban myth.

Urban myths...

""The first week we played Washington, I had coaches asking me about some of the things those guys did on defense," Rogers said. "But even offensively, too, as a DB I was telling those guys about how some of those guys play."

"It goes beyond the X's and O's standpoint. You can start talking about the particulars, the nuances—everything from different techniques to the culture of the locker room to really get a feel for a team and find out ways you can attack that team. So certainly when I was a member of the Giants I spent a lot of time speaking with the offensive coordinator and those guys, trying to give some insight into who and what the Cowboys were when we were playing against them."

Revenge in the NFL: What It's Like to Play Against Your Former Team

I don't think it was the Bills, per se, but their fans on their forums.....

Strange. I'm no Dante Scarneccia or anything but Ferentz was one of the worst O-lineman I have seen this preseason.
Yeah, but his father is a friend of BB's

I'm going to pretend that this isn't happening, and that Jethro is on the flight to Miami...

I heard he loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly

5 pages for a guy that never played a snap ...
PatsFans chomping at the bit for a real game .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back