PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Here come the cap cuts

Two posters stating ‘we have Douglas’. This team is in no position to bypass talent, regardless of what is on the roster. The roster is putrid and talent must be brought in. Injuries, second year slumps, many factors are to be considered. If NE likes the player - Renfrow or other - get em.

The Raiders are releasing Hunter Renfro. The Patriots should stop chasing Ridley and sign him up immediately.

I agree that Renfro on a prove it bottom of the roster deal makes sense, but what does that have to do with going after Ridley?

The Raiders are releasing Hunter Renfro. The Patriots should stop chasing Ridley and sign him up immediately.
Today is the second most important day of the off-season, behind the draft this year.

the Patriots have a ton of ammo (cash) to scoop up good players. Will they?

Don’t we already have a player like him in Douglas?
Potentially better player in Douglas.

I don’t get the love affair with Renfrow, solid slot guy but not a massive upgrade, shouldn’t take snaps from Demario in the slot.

The Pat’s should find some WR’s with size and athleticism. Draft them…

Two posters stating ‘we have Douglas’. This team is in no position to bypass talent, regardless of what is on the roster. The roster is putrid and talent must be brought in. Injuries, second year slumps, many factors are to be considered. If NE likes the player - Renfrow or other - get em.
Under normal conditions I could see being more selective but they have a lot more holes than normal. Putrid just about covers it. Luckily they have "cash to burn" so they could fill a few. The 2001 Pats were a quick turnaround.

Hunter Renfrow have been a mash unit no thanks plus we can get WR Jacob Cowing in the Draft superior player.

When I look at our current WR depth chart...

Bourne is a Z that can play the slot some.
Juju is a slot that can play some Z.
Douglas is a pure slot.
Thornton right now is a bust, but projects mostly as a Z if he ever could play anywhere.

Renfroe is a pure slot. We don't currently have an X receiver. If Renfroe was signing for a vet minimum deal non guaranteed then obviously we aren't in position to be picky, but with our current depth chart he just isn't the type of WR we should be targeting.

When I look at our current WR depth chart...

Bourne is a Z that can play the slot some.
Juju is a slot that can play some Z.
Douglas is a pure slot.
Thornton right now is a bust, but projects mostly as a Z if he ever could play anywhere.

Renfroe is a pure slot. We don't currently have an X receiver. If Renfroe was signing for a vet minimum deal non guaranteed then obviously we aren't in position to be picky, but with our current depth chart he just isn't the type of WR we should be targeting.
Tyquan Thornton is an X WR who will be Xed off this Team.

Last edited:

I don’t get the love affair with Renfrow, solid slot guy but not a massive upgrade, shouldn’t take snaps from Demario in the slot.

Seems they may have to draft them. All the others were franchise tagged and then there was Ridley. Not much on the table at this point. Not sure if Mooney resigned but I am enamored with KJ Osbourn for the right price. I’d consider a 3rd or 4th for Keenan Allen, only 31 and has 96 or more receptions 6 out if his first 8 years. The injury history is a little overblown. He’s better than Calvin Ridley.

I hear from the drafty types that WR is a strong position this year.

I want to see what the Chargers are going to do because they have two good WRs who might be available.
Agreed, would prefer Keenan Allen ofcourse, but Williams catch radius and red zone threat potential will always be welcome for Brissett and rookie qbs.

Seems they may have to draft them. All the others were franchise tagged and then there was Ridley. Not much on the table at this point. Not sure if Mooney resigned but I am enamored with KJ Osbourn for the right price. I’d consider a 3rd or 4th for Keenan Allen, only 31 and has 96 or more receptions 6 out if his first 8 years. The injury history is a little overblown. He’s better than Calvin Ridley.
I don’t want any of the free agents unless they can get Ridley or Hollywood on a reasonable deal. It’s not a great F/A class. The draft is the best option, they can fill out the team with their remaining cap space and burn picks on weapons.

As many have mentioned, details on the Chargers issues.

Don’t we already have a player like him in Douglas?
Always good to have multiples of “smallish” slot receivers since not all of them hold up like Brown, Welker, & Edelman….

I don’t want any of the free agents unless they can get Ridley or Hollywood on a reasonable deal. It’s not a great F/A class. The draft is the best option, they can fill out the team with their remaining cap space and burn picks on weapons.
There’s gonna be a lot to choose from at 34 and still a few at 68. Who are you hoping will be available?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back