PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers ask for permission to interview Nick Caserio [update: Hired by Texans]

If he doesnt want to go anywhere, why cant he just say I am happy in NE and I dont want to leave.

He has nothing to lose and leverage to gain. He'd be an idiot not to go to those annual interviews.

Our draft capabilities improved immensely right after Pioli left. Gronk, Hernandez, Hightower, Vollmer, Edelman, Chung, Brandon Spikes, Devin McCourty, all these guys in 2 drafts after the departure of Pioli.

They were proceeded by 3 of Pioli's last drafts which yielded Jerod Mayo, Brandon Meriweather, Lawrence Maroney, Gostkowski and Matthew Slater. That's it. 3 every down players out of 26 picks!!!

So--no thank you--and this is not at all a comment on Caserio's prowess.

The thing is that the college level scouting is a collaborative effort of multiple dozens of people. I am not convinced that Caserio is as much hands-on with the entire process as he is with the pro-scouting and trade business.

There are multiple articles (see the one from the PulPit below) where you kinda get the impression that Caserio is the first layer of interactions for agents and their players in free agency and only once talks become serious BB gets plugged into that (often from a vacation spot on the beach).

So I am not sure Caserio moving on would actually affect our draft philosophy significantly.

Those were our most talented rosters.
Give me a GM who’s not a Belichick yes man.
Give me someone who has the balls to go yeah I don’t agree with that I have a feeling we don’t have that voice of reason or at least a voice to give a different perspective right now.
Preferably one that will tell Bill off when he says no to Chris Conley.

He has nothing to lose and leverage to gain. He'd be an idiot not to go to those annual interviews.
He’ll probably leave eventually tho if BB isn’t retiring anytime soon. Ultimately, he won’t be a real GM here as long as the hoodie is here.

Texans want Caserio because he’s the only one who will keep the crooked choir boy Easterby

usatsi_12866641.jpg

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back