PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pats hire Dom Capers as DB coach, fire Joel Collier, move Caserio and O'Brien

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this has been posted in another thread and I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but....

Does anyone think the hiring of Capers may signal a fear that BB may receive suspension time from Goodell?

I don't know if this has been posted in another thread and I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist but....

Does anyone think the hiring of Capers may signal a fear that BB may receive suspension time from Goodell?
Watch today's The Sports Reporters for some opinions on that. It's on for the second time at 9:30 Pacific, ESPN News. I was kind of shocked to hear what they had to say, including Bob Ryan. Thought (and hoped) the thing was dying out somewhat.

Watch today's The Sports Reporters for some opinions on that. It's on for the second time at 9:30 Pacific, ESPN News. I was kind of shocked to hear what they had to say, including Bob Ryan. Thought (and hoped) the thing was dying out somewhat.
So . . . what did they say ? Just a bunch of opinions or someone thinking they've "heard something" ?

Forget suspension. After all the crap this man has taken over the past year, it wouldn't surprise me if he just retired. This has to be taking a toll on his family as well.

Well, Michael Holley disputed this notion earlier in the week.

Forget suspension. After all the crap this man has taken over the past year, it wouldn't surprise me if he just retired. This has to be taking a toll on his family as well.

Belichick is no Tony Dungy. Football is his top priority. He's divorced, his kids are grown (Amanda 23, Stephen 20, Brian 16). I really don't think it's that big of an issue. They know the truth and they take everything the media says in stride.

What did they say on sports reporters?

Can someone report it?

Can someone report it?
Just a bunch of gibberish. New stuff keeps coming out, blah, blah, blah, Matt Walsh, blah, blah, blah, former players, blah, blah, blah. Nothing that isn't old news here.

Just a bunch of gibberish. New stuff keeps coming out, blah, blah, blah, Matt Walsh, blah, blah, blah, former players, blah, blah, blah. Nothing that isn't old news here.
Problem is that it isn't going away. Even Globe lifer Bob Ryan said why doesn't somebody try to interview "the Notre Dame coach" about it. Hopefully it's just a slow time of year (four - five weeks) in sports thing. Maybe March madness, then MLB opening day can douse it.

Can someone report it?

Really nothing significant. Comparing it to Clemens situation where new info keeps coming out, but it is really a bad comparison. In the Pats case, no new evidence has come out since the week 1 incident, which somehow is forgotten in the media frenzy. Those guys on the show are giving Walsh too much credibility and it is sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back