PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers ask for permission to interview Nick Caserio [update: Hired by Texans]

I don't put the poor drafts on Caserio. At the end of the day Bill runs the show. Caserio has been a vital right hand man to Bill and this is just more change that puts more on Bills plate. In BB we trust and good luck to Nick.

@KontradictioN and @captain stone reaction to the Texans hiring Caserio:

d91.gif

I guess this was expected but its really not a great situation there

This is a great movie by the way.
In Spanish class we had to change our names to Spanish names I picked Miguelito due to this character.
Growing up in the 80-90's had the best action movies. I remember seeing bits and pieces of this on the movie channels back in the day but I can't remember much. I'll have to check it out again.

I read an article over 10 years ago (couldn't locate after exhaustive 20 second search) regarding a study that argued that even successful NFL coaches become less effective and lose their winning edge after coaching for 10 years, as their winning tactics and cutting edge ideas are assimilated by younger coaches who now have answers to the old tests along with new cutting edge ideas.

While I believe that Nick and Josh get a little too much grief around here lately, I think that an infusion of new blood would be a good thing for Bill and the Pats, as Bill tries to somehow stay ahead of the curve...yet again.
I think i read the same article, or one similar to it. I remember reading that after 10 years the players start tuning out the head coach. I never forgot this and thought the way Belichick constantly changes the roster this wouldnt happened to the pats.

Last edited:
Growing up in the 80-90's had the best action movies. I remember seeing bits and pieces of this on the movie channels back in the day but I can't remember much. I'll have to check it out again.
Also very under rated last Boyscout with Bruce Willis that movie has just about everything in it.

I'm a pat fan living in houston (makes for great fun). I'm a little surprised they would go with another Pats guy. The hating at Bill O'Brien (and Jack Easterby) is so strong. Then again, I'm drawing on the reliable sources of local fans, media, and talks shows.

I mean he has the quarterback but they don’t have draft picks this year and they gave up a second next year. Some of their defensive players are getting old. The texans might need to rebuild the defense.

It's just difficult to guess the effects of this because we really don't know how much control Caserio had compared to Belichick. At the end of the day, Belichick is the de-facto president of the Patriots organization. How often was he willing to listen to the advice of his employees, and how often did he deviate from the suggested course of action?

Honestly if he didn’t want to be here cool.
Bounce
We need people who can draft a WR and a franchise QB.
If Belichick could play well with others I would raid anyone from the Bills or Chiefs front office.
While there are times you are a bit overboard, I don’t usually say anything because I can tell you are passionate. It’s fun. Fan is short for fanatic and we’ve all been on this big wave of success.

But your perspective on this one is curious. First, while the drafting hasn’t been perfect, there are many things to consider. First, BB is the decision maker. We don’t know how often Caserio gets overruled, nor how much input he has. Secondly, he’s been a key contributor for a team that has dominated a professional league. Thirdly, maybe the draft being so highlighted by media makes it overshadow the other very important elements of team building.

I’m not going to celebrate the departure. I wish him well.

Maybe we can now draft a receiver who can you know actually play

While there are times you are a bit overboard, I don’t usually say anything because I can tell you are passionate. It’s fun. Fan is short for fanatic and we’ve all been on this big wave of success.

But your perspective on this one is curious. First, while the drafting hasn’t been perfect, there are many things to consider. First, BB is the decision maker. We don’t know how often Caserio gets overruled, nor how much input he has. Secondly, he’s been a key contributor for a team that has dominated a professional league. Thirdly, maybe the draft being so highlighted by media makes it overshadow the other very important elements of team building.

I’m not going to celebrate the departure. I wish him well.
The soap opera with Houston ran stale. The courting the will he won’t he go BS

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back