PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Panthers ask for permission to interview Nick Caserio [update: Hired by Texans]

I'd love to see Pioli back. The chemistry worked
Those were our most talented rosters.
Give me a GM who’s not a Belichick yes man.
Give me someone who has the balls to go yeah I don’t agree with that I have a feeling we don’t have that voice of reason or at least a voice to give a different perspective right now.

I am wondering if the are others besides me that is sick or hearing about Caserio being interviewed or he wants to leave the organization and go to Houston to be there GM wether it is generated by Nick, the media or any other method? If he is unhappy here just leave or if BB is holding him back just let him go already. This has been going on for years now. If he doesnt want to go anywhere, why cant he just say I am happy in NE and I dont want to leave.

Thoughts

Edit: Mods pls merge this with the following thread Panthers ask for permission to interview Nick Caserio
If other companies in your industry were interested in your services wouldn’t you want to hear what they had to say?

I am wondering if the are others besides me that is sick or hearing about Caserio being interviewed or he wants to leave the organization and go to Houston to be there GM wether it is generated by Nick, the media or any other method? If he is unhappy here just leave or if BB is holding him back just let him go already. This has been going on for years now. If he doesnt want to go anywhere, why cant he just say I am happy in NE and I dont want to leave.

Thoughts

Edit: Mods pls merge this with the following thread Panthers ask for permission to interview Nick Caserio
Im sick of this yearly soap opera

I read an article over 10 years ago (couldn't locate after exhaustive 20 second search) regarding a study that argued that even successful NFL coaches become less effective and lose their winning edge after coaching for 10 years, as their winning tactics and cutting edge ideas are assimilated by younger coaches who now have answers to the old tests along with new cutting edge ideas.

While I believe that Nick and Josh get a little too much grief around here lately, I think that an infusion of new blood would be a good thing for Bill and the Pats, as Bill tries to somehow stay ahead of the curve...yet again.

Over the last few years it seemed that Caserio was an integral part and should be retained at all costs. However now , I am not so sure he would be as big a loss. Maybe some new blood in the front office is required for a team in transition.

If other companies in your industry were interested in your services wouldn’t you want to hear what they had to say?
No but I've been here for almost 24 years and I'm a sucker, so...

Gase + Caserio morph...

gase-png--caserio-png.jpeg

I read an article over 10 years ago (couldn't locate after exhaustive 20 second search) regarding a study that argued that even successful NFL coaches become less effective and lose their winning edge after coaching for 10 years, as their winning tactics and cutting edge ideas are assimilated by younger coaches who now have answers to the old tests along with new cutting edge ideas.
Bill's "cutting edge" tactic this year was QB sneak

the texas job is HORRRRRRRRIBLE

over the cap
no draft picks
a really bad roster

Bye Felicia
Take Your Harry over Every other receiver bugged eyed ass out.
Let’s promote Ossenfort or Wolf or bring back Scott Pioli please

Our draft capabilities improved immensely right after Pioli left. Gronk, Hernandez, Hightower, Vollmer, Edelman, Chung, Brandon Spikes, Devin McCourty, all these guys in 2 drafts after the departure of Pioli.

They were proceeded by 3 of Pioli's last drafts which yielded Jerod Mayo, Brandon Meriweather, Lawrence Maroney, Gostkowski and Matthew Slater. That's it. 3 every down players out of 26 picks!!!

So--no thank you--and this is not at all a comment on Caserio's prowess.

Caserio has been a valuable member of a team that has known success for many years. Now that he’s been the part of a 7-9, we should dismiss the team’s success and minimize his contributions. I dunno, maybe we say the entire franchise has only had success because of one individual ? The HoF QB, for instance.

Wouldn't miss him if he does leave. The personnel decisions made by this front office have not been good. I am not saying Caserio is the sole reason for that, but losing a player from a losing team isn't exactly an earth shattering thing.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back