PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**Official New England @ Denver Broncos Post-Game Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gilmore is better against the taller players, which is why he's on Thomas.
Sanders is a jitterbug.

We've all seen that movie before.

Is it possible that Gilmore will be able to make a cheap hit on Sanders and make him "off" for the rest of the way, as he did in 2014? Sure. Is it far more likely that Sanders would have happily made Gilmore his *****? Absolutely.

See, we were able to find common ground...:)

The playbook really has not changed that much for a long time.

There is game specific stuff obviously but the bread and butter has been more or less exactly the same for many years. There really is not much reason to change things because the NFL in its current state is mostly about identifying what the other team tries to do pre-snap, via motion or post snap and it is not like any team is consistently innovating on defense to the point where you need to come up with new ways to attack them.

If your playbook is big enough to give your players the tools for most situations then there is no point changing it really. Especially with the way the Pats have perfected Erhardt Perkins.

It should really be called the Erhardt/Perkins/McDaniels by now.

The Patriots' dominance on special teams, especially on the Lewis kick return touchdown, was not by accident.

Coming into this game Denver was atrociously bad on kick return coverage. Despite being one of the better teams in terms of forcing touchbacks, the Broncos are the worst at stopping teams from advancing past their 20-yd line. In fact, they are the only team in the NFL giving up more big returns that go past their 30-yd line than short returns that are stopped at or before the 20-yd line. In contrast, the Patriots have the highest rate of returnable kicks and yet the second highest rate of returns that are stopped before or at the 20-yd line

This is just another example of the Patriots exploiting a major flaw.

The Patriots' dominance on special teams, especially on the Lewis kick return touchdown, was not by accident.

Coming into this game Denver was atrociously bad on kick return coverage. Despite being one of the better teams in terms of forcing touchbacks, the Broncos are the worst at stopping teams from advancing past their 20-yd line. In fact, they are the only team in the NFL giving up more big returns that go past their 30-yd line than short returns that are stopped at or before the 20-yd line. In contrast, the Patriots have the highest rate of returnable kicks and yet the second highest rate of returns that are stopped before or at the 20-yd line

Great Avatar Oz.

Are you surprised ?

After hearing how Joseph was saying at halftime that it was just special teams that were an issue but not the rest of the football team it became clear to me that he most probably cares as little about ST as his former boss Gase seems to do. I am just thankful that those morons are coaching in our conference. Some coaches just dont get it.

That was after Sanders caught the ball went down and Butler hit over the top? or after the game?
I believe that was after DEN last play of the next to the last possession.

I had a very long night Saturday night and passed out at halftime. Did the game thread have the expected anxiety attack when the Donks brought it within 27-16? Did Defense Rules come in and tell everyone “WE GONNA LOOOOOOOOOSE?”

By the way, lest we forget about the sobering reality of ViperGTS’ words on that solemn opening night game, this team unfortunately only has one more win left before it begins its horrific slide back to mediocrity.

Last edited:
I had a very long night Saturday night and passed out at halftime. Did the game thread have the expected anxiety attack when the Donks brought it within 27-16? Did Defense Rules come in and tell everyone “WE GONNA LOOOOOOOOOSE?”

We had some clowns saying that the amount of points we allowed to an Osweiler offense is embarrassing. And of course some Pimp dismissed this win because the Broncos are a joke this year. I think the most absurd thing you missed was our pitchers and catchers fellow flip-flopping from his pregame prediction and calling out the anti Patriots bias of the media and how no one believes in them. Must have been finally sober (or drunk ?) for once...

Thank you Denver's special teams. Thank you Tom Brady. Thank you Patriot's back field. Blowout

On to Mexico and the Oakland Raiders

I fell asleep at half time.. joys of living in the UK. I'm so proud of our team and how we played and that we managed to excute our plans very well. Offensive started clicking again and the D was the good old bend but don't break. We give up less than 20 points a game it will be very hard to beat us.

Pleased for Allen and Gilmore. Let's keep going boys!

Massive game next week! We win that then I'm gonna have a great day at work as my work friend is a raiders fan!

It was a catch.

It was definitely a catch. They screwed the Gronk over when they ruled it down. If they weren’t sure, they should have ruled it a score so that it could be automatically reviewed and overturned if need be.

Captain Stone told us all that Special Teams dont really matter. Of course he is not here to defend his position because the Pats won.

We had some clowns saying that the amount of points we allowed to an Osweiler offense is embarrassing. And of course some Pimp dismissed this win because the Broncos are a joke this year.

Well, the Eagles gave up 23 to the same offense at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down