PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**Official New England @ Denver Broncos Post-Game Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ross12

Staff member
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome win, really an enjoyable watch from start to finish. They need to get Rex's pen to paper on an extension ASAP in my opinion. Butler had some issues, but a lot of that was Sanders just plain balling out for an extended period. Nice to see Bennett getting involved so quickly, and loved seeing Allen finally get a catch (and a TD, no less!)

The offensive line was just incredible today, they totally neutralized what should be a great pass rush. Lots to build on but I liked what I saw a lot. They're definitely trending in the right direction for the stretch run.

Sweet win tonight, I thought it would be a tougher go for the Pats.

I didn't see the inactive list, did Rowe play tonight? Gilmore looked pretty good in his return, minus that one penalty.

Ladies and gentlemen - the November Patriots

And yet every ****ing year a group of bozos are judging everything by how a team looks in September. They have the GOAT coach in front of them who year after year shows that the team starts to figure themselves out around end of October and November but they rather panic and ***** around.

All of this has happened before and all of this will happen again.

Sweet win tonight, I thought it would be a tougher go for the Pats.

I didn't see the inactive list, did Rowe play tonight? Gilmore looked pretty good in his return, minus that one penalty.
Rowe traveled with the team (unlike some other injured guys) but worked out with the practice squad before the game instead of playing. Sounds like he’s close to returning.

I wrote this up explaining to a Texans fan how we exploit match ups in our offense, and comparing it to what O'Brien has attempted to do in Houston. It applies to our game plan vs. Denver:

The way that you use the EP flexibility is to manipulate match-ups. Suppose you think a team's LBs are bad in pass-coverage. You go to 21 personnel (RB, FB, TE) to get their team into their base defense (only 4 DBs). Then you spread the field with 4 or 5 wide, often putting the FB lined farthest wide. The other team either puts a LB in the normal outside CB spot, or wastes a CB on your FB. If they choose the former, the entire defense is playing in roles they are not used to. If they chose the latter, you now have your receivers lined up against their LBs. Furthermore, you can figure out if they are in zone even before you put a guy in pre-snap motion. You can rip teams apart in the passing game like this, and you keep going no huddle so they can't get out of base.

Eventually, they might realize they cannot defend the pass in base against 21 personnel. They swap out a LB for a DB, and you pound them in the running game. This is how scrub running backs put up 200 yards against Colts.

To be able to achieve any of that described above, you need smart RBs, WRs, TEs, etc. Every player needs to understand every part of every route concept. The FB needs to know the inside, middle, and outside of the three man. This is why the Patriots value versatility and game-intelligence in their players. Perhaps OB wants to be flexible like this, but he does not have personnel that can do it. The Patriots have moved on from talented players because they could not pick up the concepts.

*(I am talking about EP as the Pats (and sometimes OB) do it. The article linked goes into Pats style EP more. I am not convinced that all teams that use EP actually employ these themes enough. The Steelers' take on EP always seemed a bit more bland to me.)

Last edited:
No fly zone...HAHAH

What a win. Didn't expect that to be honest. But this Pats team..watch out NFL

************, Complainian Tomlinson just said the Steelers are the best team in the AFC, I've had a fair amount of drinks but I must be out of it, time to go to bed, lol...

I wrote this up explaining to a Texans fan how exploit match ups in our offense, and comparing it to what O'Brien has attempted to do in Houston. It applies to our game plan vs. Denver:

The way that you use the EP flexibility is to manipulate match-ups. Suppose you think a team's LBs are bad in pass-coverage. You go to 21 personnel (RB, FB, TE) to get their team into their base defense (only 4 DBs). Then you spread the field with 4 or 5 wide, often putting the FB lined farthest wide. The other team either puts a LB in the normal outside CB spot, or wastes a CB on your FB. If they choose the former, the entire defense is playing in roles they are not used to. If they chose the latter, you now have your receivers lined up against their LBs. Furthermore, you can figure out if they are in zone even before you put a guy in pre-snap motion. You can rip teams apart in the passing game like this, and you keep going no huddle so they can't get out of base.

Eventually, they might realize they cannot defend the pass in base against 21 personnel. They swap out a LB for a DB, and you pound them in the running game. This is how scrub running backs put up 200 yards against Colts.

To be able to achieve any of that described above, you need smart RBs, WRs, TEs, etc. Every player needs to understand every part of every route concept. The FB needs to know the inside, middle, and outside of the three man. This is why the Patriots value versatility and game-intelligence in their players. Perhaps OB wants to be flexible like this, but he does not have personnel that can do it. @steelbtexan has been arguing similar things. The Patriots have moved on from talented players because they could not pick up the concepts.

*(I am talking about EP as the Pats (and sometimes OB) do it. The article linked goes into Pats style EP more. I am not convinced that all teams that use EP actually employ these themes enough. The Steelers' take on EP always seemed a bit more bland to me.)

Great writeup.

Ive watched every game between the pats and donkeys since 1974. Most of the time the pats lost when the game was played in denver, and if they did win it was a hard faught game. Tonight was the first time i ever saw the pats whip the donkeys like a rented mule. It was nice to see after 40+plus years.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes