PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread - Pats destroy Raiders!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just spitballing here...what if the Pats started practicing in an indoor facility where they lowered the oxygen...making the normal gameday air extra full of oxygen-y goodness.

I'm sure the idea is nonsense on stilts for a hundred reasons but it was in my head.

I read in a livestrong article that it has to be a 24 hours a day type of thing. 6 hours a day doesn't force the acclimation. I'll try to find it.

Mo Farah sleeps in a low-oxygen tent when he's not training at altitude. Here's a nice article:

You know who else had another good game... Tony Romo.

Guy manages to be articulate, charming and incredibly insightful all at the same time. He's a pleasure to have doing the game. Wish he could do all of them.

He cracked me up big time yesterday.

"Sit down, you made me mad in the weight room the other day". hahaha

After the Raider's RB ran into his own Lineman.

There was no argument about different skill sets, so you can stop trying to kill that straw man anytime.

As I've said before (and before includes times that have nothing to do with this thread):

Gillislee - Blount replacement
White - 3dRB
Lewis - Best overall RB
Burkhead - Swiss Army RB, should be getting more slot WR work

You jumped into a discussion either without bothering to actually read what had come before, or without bothering to actually think before posting your version of War and Peace.

Yep. You were the first one IIRC to suggest using Burkhead in the slot receiver roll. That was back when I was still reeling from the loss of Edelman for the season. Kudos.

12 and 21 personnel is shorthand for 2 backs, 1 TE and 1 TE, 2 backs. It’s just terminology and many football teams at various levels don’t use it. You can know a lot about football and not know this.

Oops, I menat to type 2 backs, 1 TE and 1 back, 2 TEs. Yikes! Sorry, it was like 5 a.m. My bad.

Oops, I menat to type 2 backs, 1 TE and 1 back, 2 TEs. Yikes! Sorry, it was like 5 a.m. My bad.

I was tired and cranky also...I figured out what you meant after a cup of joe.

I was tired and cranky also...I figured out what you meant after a cup of joe.

I should've stolen your cup of joe before typing.

Does anyone have by any chance the sound bite CBS played of the Spanish announcers calling the TDs?

Based on the enthusiastic fan reception, Romo's descriptions of his experiences in Mexico and those epic commentaries by the Spanish language announcers* I've done a 180 and now support games in Mexico City.

* May now go Spanish SAP for all games with Fouts, etc. in the booth & I don't speak Spanish

Based on the enthusiastic fan reception, Romo's descriptions of his experiences in Mexico and those epic commentaries by the Spanish language announcers* I've done a 180 and now support games in Mexico City.

* May now go Spanish SAP for all games with Fouts, etc. in the booth & I don't speak Spanish

I'd support exporting the Jets.

He cracked me up big time yesterday.

"Sit down, you made me mad in the weight room the other day". hahaha

After the Raider's RB ran into his own Lineman.

Also some nice assists by Nantz - f.e. when they showed dejected Lynch sitting on the bench after 4th down stop of FB Olawale:

"I wonder if Lynch is saying what do I have to do to get the football on short yardage against the Patriots...“

BTW - great, great effort by Guy there holding the whole line..
__

here nice article on Romo in the booth:
Tony Romo isn't just better than Phil Simms. He's a really good broadcaster period

Romo’s debut will have fans wondering whether or not he can lead CBS in the playoffs. With CBS the home of the Super Bowl in 2019, he may finally get his chance to go to the big game.

Last edited:
Also some nice assists by Nantz - f.e. when they showed dejected Lynch sitting on the bench after 4th down stop of FB Olawale:

"I wonder if Lynch is saying what do I have to do to get the football on short yardage against the Patriots...“

BTW - great, great effort by Guy there holding the whole line..
__

here nice article on Romo in the booth:
Tony Romo isn't just better than Phil Simms. He's a really good broadcaster period

Romo’s debut will have fans wondering whether or not he can lead CBS in the playoffs. With CBS the home of the Super Bowl in 2019, he may finally get his chance to go to the big game.

I'm not sure if this is a jab or compliment for Romo. :D

"Romo’s debut will have fans wondering whether or not he can lead CBS in the playoffs. With CBS the home of the Super Bowl in 2019, he may finally get his chance to go to the big game."

Look, I can pull up Patriots 1TE 2 back sets all day. He's speaking as if this is some chiseled in granite Erhardt/Perkins axiom. He slammed Lewis using faulty information to start with. That's all I'm reacting to...that and his back stab at Deus. Have a Happy Thanksgiving, ok?

When it comes to him, in my opinion you should join in on the back stab.

Last edited:
The problem with Lazar are not the film breakdowns but when he tries to sprinkle in some meaningless, cherry-picked cumulative stat to make a point.

or needless, non-analytic hot takes he tries to sell as analysis above the clips lately..

great source of clips though..

Great intel! I'll keep that in mind! As you said still a great source for clips! :)

"I wonder if Lynch is saying what do I have to do to get the football on short yardage against the Patriots..."

Yes! Maybe it was just the loose banter of a non-competitive game, but Jim Nantz was actually fun yesterday! :eek:

You know who else had another good game... Tony Romo.

Guy manages to be articulate, charming and incredibly insightful all at the same time. He's a pleasure to have doing the game. Wish he could do all of them.

Yeah the only time Romo sucked was when he thought the low hit was a bad penalty. **** that, Romo. That's my QB you're talking about!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back