2020 Patriots Season:
Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozymandias

In the Starting Line-Up
The Patriots' dominance on special teams, especially on the Lewis kick return touchdown, was not by accident.

Coming into this game Denver was atrociously bad on kick return coverage. Despite being one of the better teams in terms of forcing touchbacks, the Broncos are the worst at stopping teams from advancing past their 20-yd line. In fact, they are the only team in the NFL giving up more big returns that go past their 30-yd line than short returns that are stopped at or before the 20-yd line. In contrast, the Patriots have the highest rate of returnable kicks and yet the second highest rate of returns that are stopped before or at the 20-yd line

This is just another example of the Patriots exploiting a major flaw.

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
The Patriots' dominance on special teams, especially on the Lewis kick return touchdown, was not by accident.

Coming into this game Denver was atrociously bad on kick return coverage. Despite being one of the better teams in terms of forcing touchbacks, the Broncos are the worst at stopping teams from advancing past their 20-yd line. In fact, they are the only team in the NFL giving up more big returns that go past their 30-yd line than short returns that are stopped at or before the 20-yd line. In contrast, the Patriots have the highest rate of returnable kicks and yet the second highest rate of returns that are stopped before or at the 20-yd line

Great Avatar Oz.

luuked

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter

Are you surprised ?

After hearing how Joseph was saying at halftime that it was just special teams that were an issue but not the rest of the football team it became clear to me that he most probably cares as little about ST as his former boss Gase seems to do. I am just thankful that those morons are coaching in our conference. Some coaches just dont get it.

KontradictioN

Probably the nicest guy on the forum
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
By the way, lest we forget about the sobering reality of ViperGTS’ words on that solemn opening night game, this team unfortunately only has one more win left before it begins its horrific slide back to mediocrity.

Last edited:

luuked

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
I had a very long night Saturday night and passed out at halftime. Did the game thread have the expected anxiety attack when the Donks brought it within 27-16? Did Defense Rules come in and tell everyone “WE GONNA LOOOOOOOOOSE?”

We had some clowns saying that the amount of points we allowed to an Osweiler offense is embarrassing. And of course some Pimp dismissed this win because the Broncos are a joke this year. I think the most absurd thing you missed was our pitchers and catchers fellow flip-flopping from his pregame prediction and calling out the anti Patriots bias of the media and how no one believes in them. Must have been finally sober (or drunk ?) for once...

Brewskies

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Thank you Denver's special teams. Thank you Tom Brady. Thank you Patriot's back field. Blowout

On to Mexico and the Oakland Raiders

Snooky97

In the Starting Line-Up
I fell asleep at half time.. joys of living in the UK. I'm so proud of our team and how we played and that we managed to excute our plans very well. Offensive started clicking again and the D was the good old bend but don't break. We give up less than 20 points a game it will be very hard to beat us.

Pleased for Allen and Gilmore. Let's keep going boys!

Massive game next week! We win that then I'm gonna have a great day at work as my work friend is a raiders fan!

Bruins29

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Captain Stone told us all that Special Teams dont really matter. Of course he is not here to defend his position because the Pats won.

Soliel

In the Starting Line-Up
I was not surprised. I predicted 53-0 pats as I knew they would be trying to make a statement with this game. I dislike it when they try saying the pats only won because Denver is no good this year. Whatever..

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
For those interested in some schadenfreude, here are the Bronco fan forums:

Orange Mane Central Discussion - The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community

Broncos Football

No surprise that there is a lot of finger pointing after Sunday night's game.

Would I be a bad, bad person if I went there, created an account and posted...

"Elway's Broncos need to return to their Super Bowl winning ways NOW.
Cheat on the salary cap to win a Lombardi. Pay the fines and lose the late draft picks again.
The other owners will let you skate on this. Even Kraft will agree "It's for the good of the League."

Status
Not open for further replies.