PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Coaching News: They didn't even wait until Black Monday to start the beheadings

By the way please exaplin this dramatic roster erosion from 2016 to 2017 that meant gase couldn’t possibly win.
I don’t see the big defections you are saying happened.
See other post

2017- Cutler was QB. Ajayi sulked b/c of his contract.

2018-Landry gone. Parker sucks. D sucked. Whe DA is your leading receiver you have talent issues
Wait you said tannehill was the problem.
Gase personally picked cutler after coaching him in 2015.

You realize that ajayi, Landry and Parker all had issues with gase right?

Defense sucked is a coaching issue.
Parker sucked is a coaching issue.

DA being your leading receiver is a coaching issue.

See other post
So there was no roster degradation after all.
Unless you think trading one player who was at odds with the coach and wanted stupid money absolves the coach of needing to have an effective offense or win.

If your argument is that gase deserves credit for 2016 then he should have kept winning because he had the same players in his system which would lead to improvement if he was a good coach.

I like Gase's philosophy (taking best of breed from different offensive systems, QB friendly, not an egomaniac like Martz) but they need a EP guy.

They don't necessarily need an EP guy imo. Just a good offensive scheme guy. Brady can translate whatever into EP.

And we won 14 games and the Sb.
They snuck in to the playoffs and were 1 and done.

We also beat the Texans and Steelers twice and the falcons in the Sb.
But yeah, same thing :rolleyes:
The schedule is the schedule. Using that as a part of your argument for why Gase sucked felt like you were grasping straws.

But go on

The schedule is the schedule. Using that as a part of your argument for why Gase sucked felt like you were grasping straws.

But go on
It was putting his one and done wild card achievement in perspective.
If you want to think that followed by 6-10 and 7-9 is a good job, feel free.

Wait you said tannehill was the problem.
Gase personally picked cutler after coaching him in 2015.

You realize that ajayi, Landry and Parker all had issues with gase right?

Defense sucked is a coaching issue.
Parker sucked is a coaching issue.

DA being your leading receiver is a coaching issue.
I said Tannenbaum.

Read more about Ajayi. He had maturity issues at Boise St. Landry wanted money.

Need talent too, Andy and MIA has zip. Can make chix salad with chix ****

They don't necessarily need an EP guy imo. Just a good offensive scheme guy. Brady can translate whatever into EP.
Why put your soon-to-be 42 year old Qb through that? It makes zero sense. Its not that simple.

How can a ****ty FO be irrelevant to the HCs success?

Tannenbaum came in with a bunch of cap space, signed Suh , gave Tanny that crap contract, filled the cap, hired Gase and when the bills came due he drafted ****ty and traded players. He's awful.

Gase may well be a crap coach but to not acknowledge Tannenbaum s incompetence and hand in MIA failures is an incomplete analysis

Didn't Gase lose his starting QB for many of the regular season games and the one playoff game that he coached? That should be taken into consideration.

I said Tannenbaum.
You cited tannehill as tannenbaums screw up now you cite him being hurt as the problem.

Read more about Ajayi. He had maturity issues at Boise St.
He was a 4th round pick and the primary reason gase saw a playoff game. It was a good pick. Gase and ajayi had issues too.

Landry wanted money.
And also was pissed at how gase misused him

Need talent too, Andy and MIA has zip. Can make chix salad with chix ****
Good coaches could have won a lot more with that talent.
“Didn’t have talent to work with” is a lazy excuse for a loser.

Didn't Gase lose his starting QB for many of the regular season games and the one playoff game that he coached? That should be taken into consideration.
The guy he couldn’t win with?

Why put your soon-to-be 42 year old Qb through that? It makes zero sense. Its not that simple.

Through what? I would prioritize having a guy that could creatively attack various defenses over a dud who new the EP lingo. I can imagine discussing play design in the film room doesn't necessarily require speaking in tongue.

I could be wrong I guess but I don't think not knowing the EP lingo eliminates a good OC from contention.

You cited tannehill as tannenbaums screw up now you cite him being hurt as the problem..

Crappy contract hurt cap space. Cutler knew the system. There was no one else that could get up to speed so close to the start of the season.

He was a 4th round pick and the primary reason gase saw a playoff game. It was a good pick. Gase and ajayi had issues too..
...and then he got hurt and started ditching practices.

So what if they had issues? Can't the player check his ego at the door and conform to the program?

And also was pissed at how gase misused him.

He wanted his route tree expanded because he wanted to get his $$ up. Bla bla bla.

Good coaches could have won a lot more with that talent.
“Didn’t have talent to work with” is a lazy excuse for a loser.

Gase can't say that but I can.

This had been talked about, and now it's happened.

Per sources, the Lions and OC Jim Bob Cooter have mutually agreed to part ways. Other teams have shown interest in Cooter the last few days.

It was putting his one and done wild card achievement in perspective.
If you want to think that followed by 6-10 and 7-9 is a good job, feel free.
All about situations. And what each coach is dealt with. His performance in Miami is damn similar to how Bill performed in Cleveland, by the way (save a playoff win).

Your judgment over a young 40 year old coach having a couple of sub .500 level seasons is overboard just to fit a stubborn narrative as usual. You wouldn’t say the same things about McDaniels, and he flamed out much worse than Gase did.

Do I think he’s some great coach? Not really. But who are they going to replace him with? I don’t see many options out there that would be much better than Gase at this point.

Through what? I would prioritize having a guy that could creatively attack various defenses over a dud who new the EP lingo. I can imagine discussing play design in the film room doesn't necessarily require speaking in tongue.

I could be wrong I guess but I don't think not knowing the EP lingo eliminates a good OC from contention.

There is a lot more to it then lingo.

To ask Tom to run a different system or a coordinator who is a West Coast offense guy to be better than Tom with EP is not realistic

Examining All The Different NFL Offensive Systems

Crappy contract hurt cap space. Cutler knew the system. There was no one else that could get up to speed so close to the start of the season.
Gase supported giving tannehill the contract

...and then he got hurt and started ditching practices.

So what if they had issues? Can't the player check his ego at the door and conform to the program?
You are saying Gase is blameless because players left, but those players left because of issues with him.
And again there was very little turnover.

He wanted his route tree expanded because he wanted to get his $$ up. Bla bla bla.
He was misused.
You said gase was handicapped because Landry was traded but when it was because gase misuses him its “blah blah”? You aren’t being honest with yourself here.

Gase can't say that but I can.
Both of you would be wrong.

I honestly can’t believe you are arguing that a losing coach esp an offensive coach who built a bottom 5 offense, did a good job because you can find some imperfection in the team to make an excuse with.

All about situations. And what each coach is dealt with. His performance in Miami is damn similar to how Bill performed in Cleveland, by the way (save a playoff win).
Really not even comparable.

Your judgment over a young 40 year old coach having a couple of sub .500 level seasons is overboard just to fit a stubborn narrative as usual. You wouldn’t say the same things about McDaniels, and he flamed out much worse than Gase did.
I would at exactly the same thing about McDaniels if he has gase’s resume.
McDaniels has been a damn good coordinator. Gase has not.
I don’t grade in a curve because he’s in his 40s.

Do I think he’s some great coach? Not really. But who are they going to replace him with? I don’t see many options out there that would be much better than Gase at this point.
They took a chance in gase and learned he isn’t a good Hc. Now they will take a shot in someone else. That’s how it works.
You don’t stick with a loser because “you don’t see options out there”

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back