PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kyle Shanahan: no guarantee Jimmy G will be on roster on Sunday

My takeaway from it: Shanahan can’t guarantee Garoppolo will still be with the team on Sunday because he might be traded by then, but only if there is a trade he likes. Otherwise yeah, expect him to remain a 49er at the conclusion of the draft.

My takeaway from it: Shanahan can’t guarantee Garoppolo will still be with the team on Sunday because he might be traded by then, but only if there is a trade he likes. Otherwise yeah, expect him to remain a 49er at the conclusion of the draft.

Yeah, still, you probably don't want to phrase it like that. If he really likes Jimmy, he should have said "Jimmy is our QB." can you imagine Belichick saying "I can't guarantee Brady will be on the team after the draft?"

Yeah, still, you probably don't want to phrase it like that. If he really likes Jimmy, he should have said "Jimmy is our QB." can you imagine Belichick saying "I can't guarantee Brady will be on the team after the draft?"
Exactly.

“Jimmy is our quarterback. It’s no secret we’re looking to add some competition through the draft. But Jimmy’s a competitive guy, and he’ll be up for the challenge, as he always is. We’re constantly evaluating our roster and will do what’s best for our team. I can guarantee you that much. Next question.”

What he says was I can’t guarantee anyone will be alive on Sunday so I can’t guarantee anyone will be on our roster.
more in layman’s terms STFU that’s a moronic question

No guarantee that I will not be an eunuch on Sunday....
You may want to consult a mental health professional.

Next years 3rd for jimmy. Take mills/mond / trask in rd 3. Jg/cam/ developmental qb is a pretty solid qb set on this team.

Has Jimmy agreed to massive pay cut yet?

Until that happens, he's irrelevant to me.

He knows the system. Has been to a Superbowl. He wins when he plays. His main thing is being injured. The fact you think this validates for me that JimmyG is actually good.

Yes, the fact that his team just traded 3 1sts plus to get rid of him surely means he is great.
He plays about half the games, that’s not the answer.

They’re prob desperate to unload Jimmy before or right after the draft, I don’t believe for a second he’s in their plans in any way this upcoming season.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back