PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Brissett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The kid is playing some good football the past few weeks.

Unlike Garoppolo we had him under control for a few more years. Trading him has been a mistake, so far anyway.

Happy to see the kid making the most of his opportunity.

Last edited:
Yeah, he's had his team in position to win quite frequently. Some growing pains, but he's not bad. That interception today was 100% on his TE.

I feel bad for the beating he's taking behind that OL, though. He's in concussion protocol now. I hope he recovers soon.

No reason to think they can’t use Indy to give him starting experience and then re-sign him as a free agent in a couple years if the need arises lol.

He's brutal in the 2nd half of games, he can't close.

Colts 2nd half scoring

Cardinals - 3pts
Browns - 3pts
Seahawks - 3pts
49ers - 17pts
Titans - 9pts
Jaguars - 0pts
Bengals - 10pts
Texans - 10pts
Steelers - 7pts

= 6.88 pts per 2nd half in Brissett starts.

He is what he is, a nice backup, the Colts offense is also averaging a touchdown less than they did last year with Luck dropped from 25.7 to 18 points a game.

People need to slow their roll on the Brissett hype here's the REAL facts, he's 3-6 in his starts and and his wins are against the Browns, the 49ers and Tom Savage at this exact moment neither has won a football game.

I love Jacoby but is he a Patriots QB who will sit back and pick apart another team or is he a big play, run for it guy who won't make it through 3 seasons before he is broken down? Guys who can't sit back and pick apart another team just are not worth it long term.

He's brutal in the 2nd half of games, he can't close.

Colts 2nd half scoring

Cardinals - 3pts
Browns - 3pts
Seahawks - 3pts
49ers - 17pts
Titans - 9pts
Jaguars - 0pts
Bengals - 10pts
Texans - 10pts
Steelers - 7pts

= 6.88 pts per 2nd half in Brissett starts.

He is what he is, a nice backup, the Colts offense is also averaging a touchdown less than they did last year with Luck dropped from 25.7 to 18 points a game.

People need to slow their roll on the Brissett hype here's the REAL facts, he's 3-6 in his starts and and his wins are against the Browns, the 49ers and Tom Savage at this exact moment neither has won a football game.
He is 23 years old, how can you refer to him as he is what he is? He has improved every week.

To this point the trade appears to be a mistake. Jacoby looks like a legitimate NFL QB and Dorsett looks like a mediocre #4 WR.

Ok, “appears“ I can understand.

So you're saying Brissett would give Pats better chance to win than Dorsett this year? Or next year? Or that Pats missed on their future franchise QB whenever that may come in play?

So you're saying Brissett would give Pats better chance to win than Dorsett this year? Or next year? Or that Pats missed on their future franchise QB whenever that may come in play?
I’m saying we traded a player that appears capable of being a starting QB in the NFL and received very little in return.

Since the offseason my belief has been that Brissett had the talent to be our QB of the future.

Are you going to contend that the Patriots do not make mistakes and it is foolish of me to even suggest such a thing?

To answer your question the Patriots missed on having a good backup QB who was young and cheap for this season and the next 2 seasons.

I’m saying we traded a player that appears capable of being a starting QB in the NFL and received very little in return.

Since the offseason my belief has been that Brissett had the talent to be our QB of the future.

Are you going to contend that the Patriots do not make mistakes and it is foolish of me to even suggest such a thing?
If the Dolts put Brisket on the market at the end of the season, what do YOU think they would get in trade?

I was ok with the trade then and I’m still ok with the trade now. I just don’t see Brissett as the guy to run the team. His mechanics isn’t there. His decision making is quite slow.

The jury is still out on Dorsett. It’s hard for any guy to come in mid season. But I’m just happy to have him because of depth. Let’s see what he can do tonight.

I was ok with the trade then and I’m still ok with the trade now. I just don’t see Brissett as the guy to run the team. His mechanics isn’t there. His decision making is quite slow.

The jury is still out on Dorsett. It’s hard for any guy to come in mid season. But I’m just happy to have him because of depth. Let’s see what he can do tonight.
Dorsett didn’t come in at mid season. He has been here since week 1.

All Brissett has done is prove he might be able to play in some simplified, "chuck it down the field" offense. That doesn't mean he would succeeded in the Pats offense. Belichick obviously saw what he needed to see to decide that Brissett wasn't picking up the offense at the rate that he should have that made him worth keeping.

All Brissett has done is prove he might be able to play in some simplified, "chuck it down the field" offense. That doesn't mean he would succeeded in the Pats offense. Belichick obviously saw what he needed to see to decide that Brissett wasn't picking up the offense at the rate that he should have that made him worth keeping.
Belichick makes mistakes just like anyone else. He watch Brissett getting 3rd strong reps, it’s possible his value arid was flawed as a result of his valuing Garoppolo so highly as a backup.

Dorsett didn’t come in at mid season. He has been here since week 1.

Dorsett is also the 4th WR in an offense that uses only 2 and 3 WR sets primarily. He is also like the 6th receiving option after you factor in TE and RB. Right now he's basically what Amendola was last year.

Also the 1 game a WR has been out in (Amendola vs the Saints) which allowed him to see the field more Dorsett had 70 yards.

Dude.....
What make AJ and Garoppolo worthy of a second round pick and not Brissett? From a pure physical talent perspective Brissett is the superior athlete, has a superior arm, and has superior size, he is also several years younger and under the teams control for 2 more seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots