PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Brissett

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorsett is also the 4th WR in an offense that uses only 2 and 3 WR sets primarily. He is also like the 6th receiving option after you factor in TE and RB. Right now he's basically what Amendola was last year.

Also the 1 game a WR has been out in (Amendola vs the Saints) which allowed him to see the field more Dorsett had 70 yards.
If you think Dorsett is a good WR that is fine. Brissett has played well and so far he has offered the Colts more value than we have received from Brissett, that is not even debatable. For that reason so far the trade has been a mistake because as we sit today, Garoppolo is gone and we have a journeyman QB behind Brady with no internal QB prospect.

What make AJ and Garoppolo worthy of a second round pick and not Brissett? From a pure physical talent perspective Brissett is the superior athlete, has a superior arm, and has superior size, he is also several years younger and under the teams control for 2 more seasons.

Jimmy is a better QB.

You don't see it?

If you think Dorsett is a good WR that is fine. Brissett has played well and so far he has offered the Colts more value than we have received from Brissett, that is not even debatable. For that reason so far the trade has been a mistake because as we sit today, Garoppolo is gone and we have a journeyman QB behind Brady with no internal QB prospect.

Brissett wouldnt have played for us so how can you compare value? I would rather have an ok 4th WR (which we needed) who will contribute to getting wins than some QB who may be ok to great who would just sit on the bench anyway.

How can you compare starting on one team to sitting on a bench on another?

For a guy that came in last year as a rookie and won his first start before having to play the second start with a broken hand, then sit the rest of his rookie year, I think he is doing beyond well for the colts.

Jimmy may indeed prove to be the better qb, but until he plays regularly in regular season games how can we know? Pre season is nearly meaningless. Show me more than 6 quarters of game tape!

Hands up if you predicted that through 9 games, Jacoby Brissett would have more passing yardage than Dak Prescott.

Hands up if you predicted that through 9 games, Jacoby Brissett would have more passing yardage than Dak Prescott.

upload_2017-11-12_19-11-16.png

I like Brissett a lot and I also think he might be a better QB than Prescott although they're both in the early stages of their careers so might be too early to tell.

2017 Minicamp Thread

Garoppolo should be he has been in the NFL for 2 more years than Brissett and had almost 4 seasons behind the greatest QB of all time.

Time will tell who is the better QB but right now Brissett has done more in the NFL than Garoppolo.
Your logic is flawed. You need to re-examine the situation

Your logic is flawed. You need to re-examine the situation

I wouldn't call it flawed although I know what you're getting at.

JG is clearly the better QB right now. Quicker reads and a quick accurate release. .

JB still has a lot of upside. What he's done in Indy has been remarkable.

I think both will be successful starters in the NFL but will/should be under different offensive schemes to take advantage of their differing skill sets.

I still do think JB will end up being a better QB than Prescott but I also think JG will end up being the better QB of them both.

Dorsett didn’t come in at mid season. He has been here since week 1.

I guess I count OTAs as the start of the season for the players. I just think it’s tough to come in from another system and adapt right away. I don’t think Dorsett ever had a good coaching staff before.

Don’t get me wrong, he could still suck but he’s also behind a lot of proven vets on our team. With Hogan out, let’s see if the coaching staff will call his number.

I guess I count OTAs as the start of the season for the players. I just think it’s tough to come in from another system and adapt right away. I don’t think Dorsett ever had a good coaching staff before.

Don’t get me wrong, he could still suck but he’s also behind a lot of proven vets on our team. With Hogan out, let’s see if the coaching staff will call his number.

I don't understand where the "Dorsett sucks" stuff comes from. He doesn't suck. I consider him a valuable deep threat weapon. He has caught under thrown contested balls and has elite speed. Sometimes his on field speed looks faster than Cooks'.

Anyways we'll see I guess but the bottom line is that he definitely does not suck.

If memory serves me right he was going to be cut at the end of TC... so he was considered expendable.. getting Dorsett was a fill in for this trade..

I like Brisssett, but the rumor was that he had not progressed as much as the Patriots had hoped he would.

I wouldn't call it flawed although I know what you're getting at.

JG is clearly the better QB right now. Quicker reads and a quick accurate release. .

JB still has a lot of upside. What he's done in Indy has been remarkable.

I think both will be successful starters in the NFL but will/should be under different offensive schemes to take advantage of their differing skill sets.

I still do think JB will end up being a better QB than Prescott but I also think JG will end up being the better QB of them both.
Just because Jimmy has been riding the pine for 3 years does not mean JB is better by default.

What make AJ and Garoppolo worthy of a second round pick and not Brissett? From a pure physical talent perspective Brissett is the superior athlete, has a superior arm, and has superior size, he is also several years younger and under the teams control for 2 more seasons.

Which is maybe 1/3 of what matters in being a QB.

To this point the trade appears to be a mistake. Jacoby looks like a legitimate NFL QB and Dorsett looks like a mediocre #4 WR.
Since Dorsett has basically not played because he had no training camp and was buried on the depth chart, not sure how you can say this with any certainty.

I like Brisssett, but the rumor was that he had not progressed as much as the Patriots had hoped he would.

As an aside, I suspect that Brissett was drafted for exactly the role he ended up playing: capable backup who could win a game or two as a rookie if necessary. That's not to say that his usefulness ended at that point, merely that that was the motivation behind drafting him.

He's got 10 TDs in 9 games. You might slow your roll a bit there. And as we sit today, we certainly need someone to come in and take Hogan's reps a hell of a lot more than we need somebody to come in and take Brady's reps.

He's brutal in the 2nd half of games, he can't close.

Colts 2nd half scoring

Cardinals - 3pts
Browns - 3pts
Seahawks - 3pts
49ers - 17pts
Titans - 9pts
Jaguars - 0pts
Bengals - 10pts
Texans - 10pts
Steelers - 7pts

= 6.88 pts per 2nd half in Brissett starts.

He is what he is, a nice backup, the Colts offense is also averaging a touchdown less than they did last year with Luck dropped from 25.7 to 18 points a game.

People need to slow their roll on the Brissett hype here's the REAL facts, he's 3-6 in his starts and and his wins are against the Browns, the 49ers and Tom Savage at this exact moment neither has won a football game.

Stats without real-world understanding is a dangerous thing.

Scottish, he's been there 7 weeks. He had no OTA's, no Training Camp and no Pre-season. He's still learning their playbook. Think about that for a moment.

You just compared him in that situation to Luck in his 4th year in that system.

He's got 10 TDs in 9 games. You might slow your roll a bit there. And as we sit today, we certainly need someone to come in and take Hogan's reps a hell of a lot more than we need somebody to come in and take Brady's reps.

He's had 2 training camps with the Pats. Zero in Indy's system.

You really want to quote his stats in Indy?????

What he's done in that situation (not to mention THAT OL) is incredible.

Just because Jimmy has been riding the pine for 3 years does not mean JB is better by default.
Garoppolo has been riding the pine for 2 weeks in SF too. It is unlikely he will start the next game either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes