PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Biscuit gets Start Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last season BB seemed very high on JB. Recent performances have appeared to show little improvement and some suggest he is on the bubble. I tend to think he is safe, but who knows?

I really have no idea what to think.

According to fans like myself, Matt Cassel was on the roster bubble for years.

This will be an abortion of a game for the eyes.

I'll be on a plane to D.C. for the weekend so I'll be spared this. College games have about 10x more excitement than this.

Last season BB seemed very high on JB. Recent performances have appeared to show little improvement and some suggest he is on the bubble. I tend to think he is safe, but who knows?

I could see either scenario. They've kept 3 QBs in years past. But they also have some talent at other positions that they may need to shed if he's kept. What I would want? Brady is an ironman, JAG is a very capable back-up. Shed Brissett.

I think I would rather watch one of our SB losses :D

giphy.gif

Jacoby will be in the CFL within 2 years. Don't ever listen to parcells again.
I can see what Bill Parcells saw in Jacoby Brissett. If he could ever get his mechanics sorted out that's a good mind there. It's always worth a try to see if you can grab a guy like that if he can sort out his issues. At the very least there are worse options for a backup quarterback than a guy who can lead a team mentally and has leadership skills but does not have good mechanics.

I can see what Bill Parcells saw in Jacoby Brissett. If he could ever get his mechanics sorted out that's a good mind there. It's always worth a try to see if you can grab a guy like that if he can sort out his issues. At the very least there are worse options for a backup quarterback than a guy who can lead a team mentally and has leadership skills but does not have good mechanics.

Good mind? What about his arm? His arm is Terrible. No accuracy

Which is why he probably will not start in his career. If his arm was Brady like accurate he would probably be a pro bowler. As it is he's probably going to be remembered as a competent backup. A guy who can play Field General but cannot carry a football team.

Watch Biscuit have a 18-20 night passing with his only two in-completions being drops by Austin Carr.:D I can dream can't I?:D

Last edited:
Given Brissett's typical velocity, ducking might be considered a good move.
If only it worked like baseball pitchers where you can sometimes gain a little accuracy by taking a little off the fastball

He still has all of the same mechanical issues that were a problem when he was at Florida, before he transferred. No matter though, Jacoby. Just fire it in there as hard as you possibly can. It doesn't matter how close the receiver is to the line or scrimmage. Sling it.

Noobs & those approaching early senility forget how Bledsoe made a decent career unable to complete a simple swing pass because he fired everything at full velocity. In his favor, it made disastrous potential INTs like the ball thrown directly into the bread basket of a Squealer LB in the 2001 AFCCG an impossible pick, saving the SB run.

I could see either scenario. They've kept 3 QBs in years past. But they also have some talent at other positions that they may need to shed if he's kept. What I would want? Brady is an ironman, JAG is a very capable back-up. Shed Brissett.

If they don't shed Bisquick, then they're trying to trade JAG this season.

Turnabout on the JAGwads is fair play :)

If they don't shed Bisquick, then they're trying to trade JAG this season.

Turnabout on the JAGwads is fair play :)
Its probable but thats still not a iron clad answer.
Id like to see Jacoby Carr Lucien Hollister and Foster set a NFL record on points

I expect Brisset to throw more long balls (higher percentage than TB and JG at least). So Lucien should get his best chance to show what he can do. The good deep receivers can go up and bring down (or at least compete by high pointing) badly thrown balls.

He's my binkie, but if he doesn't show something tonight, I would guess Carr makes the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes