PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts Already Are Creating Ridiculous Hype Around Jacoby Brissett

Roberto Duran made the roster and Lucien and Austiin cut.

The Colts might have cut Roberto and now the Pats are forced to keep him because of the trade.
Is Phillip Dorsett Roberto Duran?

Dorsett has 10x the talent of both those guys and has produced at the NFL level.

Besides why keep a QB who will never start for you, be inactive every game and take up a roster spot when you can acquire a fmr 1st Rd pick for a position of need?

Is Phillip Dorsett Roberto Duran?

Dorsett has 10x the talent of both those guys and has produced at the NFL level.

Besides why keep a QB who will never start for you, be inactive every game and take up a roster spot when you can acquire a fmr 1st Rd pick for a position of need?

Hands of Stone.

Brady will be cursing " No Mas" under his breath when the ball bouces off Dorsetts mitts.

Vern Ghoston was a 1st round pick too. Easley was a 1st rounder.

Hands of Stone.

Brady will be cursing " No Mas" under his breath when the ball bouces off Dorsetts mitts.

So you think Indy was getting his best?

So you think Indy was getting his best?

Is Luck for real or not?

Most everyone tells that he is a stud. Dont the Colts need good WRs too?

Statue%20-%20Praying%20hands%20FINAL.jpg

Is Luck for real or not?

Most everyone tells that he is a stud. Dont the Colts need good WRs too?

Statue%20-%20Praying%20hands%20FINAL.jpg
I think Luck is a talented QB who can't read defenses or get the ball out on time with consistent accuracy.

Hands of Stone.

Hands of stone? How do you know this?

Not sure I understand... good attitude or bad?

In my experience, Jacoby has an excellent attitude and great work ethic. I've known him since middle school, though, and I am a neighbor to the Brissetts, so I am biased.

So now I hope he succeeds and I hope the Colts fail.

Yes, I am conflicted.

He needs to work on his release, but I think he can succeed. They are so enamored with Luck, though, he likely gets no chance.

Well you can tell your neighbors there is one broken hearted Tony2047 over here in Pats land. I had high hopes for him. Wish him the best. Too bad it's the Colts.

I love Jacoby and wish him the best. Once again the Patriots are only carrying two QB's and that makes me a little nervous .

I love Jacoby and wish him the best. Once again the Patriots are only carrying two QB's and that makes me a little nervous .

Used to love the 2 QB model but I too am nervous with a starter in his 40s and a backup who couldn't last 2 games. Need a developmental QB on the PS.

How much hype can you give a guy who you hope never plays a down for you for 3 years?

They can hype whatever they want, the truth is he's just 3 years of cheap backup for them he has no long term prospects to ever develop into the starter for Indy.
Ideally he is playing for them in a few weeks. Tolkien is useless and I think luck is out a long time.

We are spoiled rotten.

For those of us who know this team pre 2001 every year is a goddamn gift.

I feel ya, but as a fellow geezer a few years ago I came to the revelation for many this is the new normal for younger guys. Not even kids. My son was born in1991 and his earliest football memory was the Patriots in the Super Bowl with Bledsoe being sacked repeatedly late.

I feel ya, but as a fellow geezer a few years ago I came to the revelation for many this is the new normal for younger guys. Not even kids. My son was born in1991 and his earliest football memory was the Patriots in the Super Bowl with Bledsoe being sacked repeatedly late.
....a horrible day indeed.

How much hype can you give a guy who you hope never plays a down for you for 3 years?

They can hype whatever they want, the truth is he's just 3 years of cheap backup for them he has no long term prospects to ever develop into the starter for Indy.

No.His best case scenario is he does well enough in Indy that he gets good offers for trades when Luck comes back.

I'll miss him.

I know what you are saying, and agree. However, I wish him well - so do you, I'm sure. Just this was more than a like or agree. You know what I'm trying to say?

Dorset stinks. The Colts were looking to dump him off on somebody for peanuts.

At least Brisett can fill in and win a game or 2.

Maybe. The Colts without Luck are a horror show. They could easily lose and it won't be his fault.

This move screams that Garropolo is the real thing.

Huh? If Brady retires after the season Brissett would've been his back up. If Garoppolo gets franchise/traded he'd be Brady's back up. How is this a reaction to Jimmy G.

No.His best case scenario is he does well enough in Indy that he gets good offers for trades when Luck comes back.
That's a good scenario but a better case for Brissett is possible. I think it's possible that Brissett becomes their starter this year.

The logic goes like this. Luck is injured for half the season, which is the outside of the prediction I read. The Colts are a 3-5 at the halfway point. Brissett has had a couple decent games and is leading the team well.

Now They could activate luck and try for .500 but what's the upside? They'd be exposing their franchise playet to additional injury and putting next year in jeopardy for little gain. Meanwhile the team is fighting reasonably well with Brissett in there, nothing amazing but no huge mistakes and his mobility is keeping him alive and allowing him to make a few plays Luck can't, so if you shut Luck down you avoid any risk of additional injury and showcase Brissett for an off-season trade.

It's pretty Rosy but we are talking best case scenario here right?

Ideally he is playing for them in a few weeks. Tolkien is useless and I think luck is out a long time.

Luck being out a long time is an understatement. I mean let's consider what Irsay had to said about Luck:

'These games, all games, are played on a four-inch field between your ears,'" Irsay said. "That's where it's at. You have to be able to deal with this, not only physically, but mentally."

So if Luck has only four inches between his ears, I'd say something is very, very wrong.

O/U for me is 2 games before Brissett starts.

Also, we don't have Edelman around to run the 21st century version of the single wing.

It was just suggested on the radio (WEEI) that both players were on the brink of being cut.

If he ends up in the game he will be running for his life. That offensive line is terrible.

You are right, but he has plenty of experience at running for his life behind a lousy OL in college. I wonder if that might be one of the reasons (along with the great intangibles and toughness) that the Colts wanted him.

It was just suggested on the radio (WEEI) that both players were on the brink of being cut.

I don't think thats accurate. Ballard said they had a few deals in the works for Dorsett. I assume they would have done one as opposed to cutting him.

No clue what BB was thinking about Brisket. Clearly he saw an opportunity to get value for him.

I like Jacoby. Will never forget that Texans game, and I thought he played really well against the Giants (despite me ripping him during the game, as usual I was wrong), I have no malice towards the kid, I hope he does well (except against us).

He's good, but he's no Michael Bishop!

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back