PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Colts Already Are Creating Ridiculous Hype Around Jacoby Brissett

SammyBlueCat

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From the Colts’ official website: “The 6-foot-4, 235-pound Brissett, 24, is coming off perhaps one of the greatest preseason performances by a quarterback in NFL history on Thursday, as he completed 28 of 39 passes for 341 yards with four touchdowns and an interception — adding a rushing touchdown, as well — in the Patriots’ 40-38 loss to the New York Giants at Gillette Stadium.” Now that’s lofty praise for a guy who’s made one NFL start and has yet to throw a touchdown during the regular season.

Read more at: Colts Already Are Creating Ridiculous Hype Around Jacoby Brissett

Imagine if they cut him in few weeks and the Patriots re-sign him ala the Brocos & Osweiler???
(I know Osweiler was gone longer than a few weeks)

Last edited:
I dunna know. Because of his attitude and skills, I actually think Brisket is gonna have an unspectacular, but solid NFL career. He did well here and this place isn't easy.

If he gets a chance to shine in Indy, great as there was no way it was going to happen here.

I like Jacoby. Will never forget that Texans game, and I thought he played really well against the Giants (despite me ripping him during the game, as usual I was wrong), I have no malice towards the kid, I hope he does well (except against us).

They put up banners when they lose in the playoffs, so no real shock that they're overhyping him. There are worse guys to overhype, though. I still have high hopes for him.

I went on the Colts message board and over 90% of posters were negative towards the trade.

Our game with Jacoby starting against the Bills is the only time during the last 16 years that I remember feeling how the majority of other NFL fans feel on a week-to-week basis.

I dunna know. Because of his attitude and skills, I actually think Brisket is gonna have an unspectacular, but solid NFL career. He did well here and this place isn't easy.

If he gets a chance to shine in Indy, great as there was no way it was going to happen here.

Not sure I understand... good attitude or bad?

In my experience, Jacoby has an excellent attitude and great work ethic. I've known him since middle school, though, and I am a neighbor to the Brissetts, so I am biased.

So now I hope he succeeds and I hope the Colts fail.

Yes, I am conflicted.

He needs to work on his release, but I think he can succeed. They are so enamored with Luck, though, he likely gets no chance.

In my experience, Jacoby has an excellent attitude and great work ethic. I've known him since middle school, though, and I am a neighbor to the Brissetts, so I am biased.

Yes, I am conflicted.

He needs to work on his release, but I think he can succeed. They are so enamored with Luck, though, he likely gets no chance.
No....GREAT ATTITUDE!

I love the kid. Just something about him makes me think he'll have a good career in the NFL

This is the best thing that can happen to jacoby. If he fills in well for an injured luck, he could have a long career in this league. With us he probably wouldn't have seen the field, not much practice time and in preseason would play the scrubs

Our game with Jacoby starting against the Bills is the only time during the last 16 years that I remember feeling how the majority of other NFL fans feel on a week-to-week basis.
We are spoiled rotten.

For those of us who know this team pre 2001 every year is a goddamn gift.

Imagine if they cut him in few weeks and the Patriots re-sign him ala the Brocos & Osweiler???
(I know Osweiler was gone longer than a few weeks)

Your previous posts were so short, I always wondered if you were catatonic.

But this new verbosity has me worried.
When was your last catscan?

We are spoiled rotten.

For those of us who know this team pre 2001 every year is a goddamn gift.

By the time Bill & Tom are done it'll be 20 years of dominance. When the league was doing everything it could to prevent such a thing.

No....GREAT ATTITUDE!

I love the kid. Just something about him makes me think he'll have a good career in the NFL

Same.

Big Jacoby fan and wish him the best. Such a good guy. Hard not to root for him even now.

Yes, I am conflicted.

Biggest things I wanted to see him improve on were pocket awareness and touch. Touch was prob never gunna be his strong suit but his awareness has to get better.

I hope he ends up somewhere else and has a long successful career.

So he's better than the "Best prospect since John Elway" then? This could be fun to watch. Jacoby should make Luck carry his shoulder pads after practice.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back