PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jacoby Biscuit gets Start Tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on a plane to Arizona, so I'm gonna miss this one. I mean, I COULD use my slingbox and wifi in flight, but I'm gonna spend my wifi on Rick and Morty I think.

At least this thread gives us a way to pre-emptively put some of those morons on the ignore list. I get JB is the joke de jour right now for some individuals but at least write his name correctly instead of an attempt at second grade slapstick humor.

Smoked-Brisket-Hero.jpg

Only a few more hours until we have to watch jacoby play QB

hyUPUM.gif

At least this thread gives us a way to pre-emptively put some of those morons on the ignore list. I get JB is the joke de jour right now for some individuals but at least write his name correctly instead of an attempt at second grade slapstick humor.

You watched "airplane" in second grade?

When people started having binkies to protect and knew they'd only break in if the pats jettison brissett.

For me, it's not just about Brissett or any binkies.

Any season when you consider keeping three QBs, you have to short some other roster position, at least in terms of depth - OL, offensive skill position, somewhere on defense or special teams.

Do you keep Brissett or ...
- a 9th OL
- a 5th WR (+ Slater)
- a 5th CB (+ Jon Jones)
- a 4th Safety (+ Ebner & King)
- a 4th DE (+ Langi or Grissom)
??

It just makes it that much tougher to work out all the numbers everywhere else.

I enjoyed watching JB play the entire game last night. Obviously it was a vanilla offense,and he wasn't playing against a top of the line defense, but he played with lots of poise, considering his offensive personnel were backups and scrubs as well.

I thought that once he settled in, his accuracy and decision making were good, a definite improvement over his rookie year. He comes across as likable and confident. It's clear that he has the respect of his teammates.

Arguable he's the third best QB in the AFC East. ;)

There is a major chance that Brissett's lack of progression is down to the fact as third choice QB he goes months without getting any real snaps in training. By the time he gets into form like last night, it is time for the season so see you next year.

Hardly conducive to bringing him on.

as opposed to normal preseason?
Well, I enjoy the preseason games, watching the new guys and last nights game was enjoyable.
Although I admit I'm not willing to pay their price to attend. The people still there at the end were having a good time.

The JetBlue plane I rode on last night was actually Boston-based. So I put the Pats game on the TV in front of my girl's seat and the Ohio State/Indiana game on the TV in front of my seat. He had some nice throws (the deep ball down the sideline was a thing of beauty), but consider the competition as well. I still see zero reason to keep him on the roster at the expense of another WR (hard to believe they'll carry 4 with Amendola and Mitchells' injury histories) or TE/DE. Brady has been Superman and JAG has been a proven back-up. I'd cut him and draft another back-up next year to ride out Brady's final years.

Last edited:
He had some nice throws. I still see zero reason to keep him on the roster at the expense of another WR (hard to believe they'll carry 4 with Amendola and Mitchells' injury histories) or TE/DE.

hes the third best QB in the division, we is going to instantly improve the jets/bills the day he is cut.

hes the third best QB in the division, we is going to instantly improve the jets/bills the day he is cut.
LOL would you honestly be afraid of playing Brissett on either of those teams? He wouldn't manage more than 3 points against this defense. He's too limited. They'd play him like they did Tebow and set the edge while focusing on pushing the A and B gaps. Those games would be over by halftime.

And no, he's not the third best QB in the division. Not even close. Even taking Brady and JAG out of it, Cutler and Taylor are still better than Brissett. You may have an argument for whatever pile of **** the Jets are going to trot out at the position this year, though.

LOL would you honestly be afraid of playing Brissett on either of those teams? He wouldn't manage more than 3 points against this defense. He's too limited. They'd play him like they did Tebow and set the edge while focusing on pushing the A and B gaps. Those games would be over by halftime.

And no, he's not the third best QB in the division. Not even close. Even taking Brady and JAG out of it, Cutler and Taylor are still better than Brissett. You may have an argument for whatever pile of **** the Jets are going to trot out at the position this year, though.

Taylor is dealing with yet another concussion, the bills current starting qb is some no name, Cutler is a turn over machine.

Yes, I'm more afraid of Brissett then i am of cutler, nathan peterman(bills), and josh mccown

Taylor is dealing with yet another concussion, the bills current starting qb is some no name, Cutler is a turn over machine.

Yes, I'm more afraid of Brissett then i am of cutler, nathan peterman(bills), and josh mccown
I'm talking about starters. When Taylor is healthy, he's assuming the starting job. Cutler is also better than Brissett is at this point and has had actual success in this league in the past, as terrible as he is. You may have an argument about Hackenberg/McCown in 2017. If you're afraid of any of these teams led by Brissett, the I don't know what to tell you. You're overreacting to a performance against guys that will be stocking shelves at this time next week. The Bills and Dolphins would only get blown out worse if you replaced Taylor/Cutler with Brissett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes